• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Formula 1 - F1 - Current Season Discussion

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I wouldn't say that RBR were suffering on Sunday. If Vettel had managed to get in front of Lewis at the first turn, it's entirely possible that he could have won. LH essentially executed the SV gameplan:

• Pole
  • Get out of DRS range before it's activated
  • Riches

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I wouldn't say that RBR were suffering on Sunday. If Vettel had managed to get in front of Lewis at the first turn, it's entirely possible that he could have won. LH essentially executed the SV gameplan:

• Pole
  • Get out of DRS range before it's activated
  • Riches

Its true. In dirty air the Merc might have suffered degredation.

In other news, it appears LDM gave Alonso an earful. This is why Alonso is an asshole. He's destabilizing the team in hopes to engineer a move to Red Bull. He's a fool, no way Red Bull would want him.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I think your dislike for Alonso is blinding you to more likely explanations:

• Alonso reminds Ferrari that they need him as much or more as he needs them—get crackin' on a faster car or else
  • RBR tamps down Kimi's salary demands by suggesting that they have other WDC options for 2014

Also, Montezemolo is a prick.

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

In other news, it appears LDM gave Alonso an earful. This is why Alonso is an asshole. He's destabilizing the team in hopes to engineer a move to Red Bull. He's a fool, no way Red Bull would want him.

Um, what exactly did Alonso do or say to destabilize the team? I was reading about LDM's comments and still can't find quotes from Alonso criticizing the team. Seems more like an overreaction by LDM (still not sure what for).

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Um, what exactly did Alonso do or say to destabilize the team? I was reading about LDM's comments and still can't find quotes from Alonso criticizing the team. Seems more like an overreaction by LDM (still not sure what for).

I direct you to what I wrote above:

Also, Montezemolo is a prick.

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Alonso is a political operator. He is both sending a signal to Ferrari that they better move their ass and also seeing if there is any possibility of a move to RB. Vettel had a good quote about it, for a non native speaker, he has a good command of the language. Basically he said Alonso cannot be trusted, which I believe is true.

LDM may be a prick, and the organization as a whole suffers from entitlement, but I would have done the same thing.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
No you wouldn't, because you wouldn't have hired Alonso in the first place. :p

fwiffo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Alonso. Wasn't he involved in more than a few dodgy crashes?

fwiffo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I forget whether it was when he and Hamilton were teammates or the year after he left. But it involved him and Hamilton. Also the Singapore one. Anyway, I just never assumed he was virtuous. But then who was? (Schumacher!)

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
He benefitted from Piquet's intentional crash in Singapore, but Alonso isn't a crasher.

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
If you're gonna dislike him the only reason (in my opinion) would be his tantrum while at McLaren. Made him look really bad in my eyes (though I was rooting for him to beat "uppity" Hamilton).

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

If you're gonna dislike him the only reason (in my opinion) would be his tantrum while at McLaren. Made him look really bad in my eyes (though I was rooting for him to beat "uppity" Hamilton).

I wasn't. Alonso can't handle a competitive driver next to him. Lewis can. Senna could. Alonso, Schumi and Vettel can't.

Lewis paired with Alonso, Button, now Rosberg. He's bested all 3. The only place you see real intra-team rivalries anymore is mid and back pack. For example Di Resta and Hulkenburg last year.

http://www.enterf1.com/archive/lewis-hamilton-vs-fernando-alonso-timeline-of-a-rivalry.php

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Button actually got the better of Hamilton last year, but I think a strong argument can be made that Lewis lost a ton of points to mechanicals (which didn't afflict Jenson to the same degree) and pit stop errors.

I still rate Alonso as a driver, but I agree that his year at McLaren forever altered my perception of him.

Why is Hamilton "uppity"?

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
New V6 Merc engine sound....

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads