• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Thanks John Elliott!

Styleforum was one of the first digital communities to embrace John Elliott, and in recognition of that, John Elliott has extended to our comunuty a monthly discount to fans of the brand who engage here. Simply enter the code for SF-OCT-15

Check out all of their new arrivals here

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Formula 1 - F1 - Current Season Discussion

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My thoughts:

1. You're better off qualifying second than winning pole at this track.
2. Max is still Max. I was just thinking what great, fair driving he was doing to defend when he runs Lando off the track.
3. He ran Lando off the track, and the place should have been Lando's.
4. Did anyone really believe that the stewards weren't going to rule in Red Bull's favor?
5. McLaren should have known 4 and had Lando immediately give the place back, so he could have a few more shots at Max.
6. Lando's shot is over now. Just hold on and close out the Constructors Championship and maybe see if you can get Oscar ahead of LeClerc.
Lando's best chance to win is have McLaren turn to the dark arts of Oscar taking out Max in a race. Sort of like what Bottas did in 2021 when he "misjudged his braking" and took out Max, Checo, and Lando in a race basically allowing Lewis and Mercedes to get back into the championship fights.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
The stewards gave a penalty to multiple drivers for the same thing. That was not favoritism toward Max. If McLaren were savvy, they would have recognized that this was happening and told Lando to give back the place immediately instead of hoping him up about being ahead at the apex.

Austin will be a nearly perfect track if they can fix the few corners which don’t have natural corner limits at the exit.

Poor Sainz was hung out to dry at T1, and Leclerc was perfectly placed. Immaculate drive from Charles, though.

Colapinto and Lawson humbled their teammates.

Roikins

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Lewis has nothing to lose at this point; he should crash into Max in the next few races and lend a hand to a fellow Brit driver as payback for losing out in 2021.
1729481312782.gif

Duke Santos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure that Max's strategy is to just push anyone off the track if they try to pass him on the outside.
Pretty sure it's his strategy if they try and pass him on the inside too.

Duke Santos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Duke Santos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Honestly both Lando and Max are whiny b!tches.
Yeah. I'm no fan of NASCAR, but sometimes I'd like to see F1 drivers settle things in the paddock rather than in front of a microphone. Though watching Max and Lando go at it would be more akin to a "Big Bang Theory" slap fight than a NASCAR fight.

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So was Lewis and before that Vettel and before that we had Schumacher.
Seb is saint and I'll fight anyone who claims otherwise!

I remember thinking Seb was such a baby at RB (like the Mark Webber team orders fiasco in 2013) but he grew up and is now one of my all time favorites. Seb's journey in F1 often has me wondering how Max will be viewed a decade from now.

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have similar feelings towards Alonso and Hamilton.
Two drivers that I couldn't stand back in the day, who grew up and no longer bug me.
Although Hamilton still thinks he's a fashion icon but in reality dresses like shite...
Always loved Alonso. Never really hated Lewis though I got sick of him winning all the time. As for the outfits, you could probably pull off a couple of these.

lh.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How Do You Feel About Pleated Trousers?

• Love them, classic!

• Occasionally, depending on the outfit

• Prefer flat-front

• Never wear them

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member