• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Formula 1 - F1 - Current Season Discussion

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
While there had been speculation and even assumptions about the nature of the allegations, sources have told The Sun the investigation is set to centre on a female employee’s concerns about Horner’s strict work regime and does not relate to any sexual impropriety.

That's too bad...now the tabloids can't make a "Horny Spice" reference.

Schwazer

Reaction score
That's too bad...now the tabloids can't make a "Horny Spice" reference.

Horner probably raised his voice once at Perez which led to these allegations.

mad-men-laughing.gif

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Rumor is that the current chairman of Mercedes Ola Källenius isn't really a big fan of motorsports so he shot down the 2+1 and ambassador role for Lewis's contract. All Toto could offer was the 1+1.
Mercedes certainly could nix the ambassador role for their company, but they are a minority owner of the F1 team.

In other news, what's up with this indentured servitude BS? Sounds like F1 is in need of their own Curt Flood:

yorkshire pud

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mercedes certainly could nix the ambassador role for their company, but they are a minority owner of the F1 team.

In other news, what's up with this indentured servitude BS? Sounds like F1 is in need of their own Curt Flood:

Very common, stops engineers jumping ship with all the secrets, usually have to serve 6-12 months of fully paid "gardening leave" too before they can start at a new team.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
This is different than the gardening leave that is enforced. This is a flat-out prohibition on recruiting. This is illegal in my state. I fully understand that this may be common, but it's bullsh!t and a rare example of where the EU/UK lag behind the labor protections available here.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Still don't understand how Mercedes is really going to enforce this on Lewis. They can prevent Lewis from talking to their staff about leaving Ferrari but that doesn't mean Ferrari is under contract to not talk to anyone.

Ferrari- Lewis, who do you want us to hire to come over?
Lewis- I want these guys coming with me but I can't talk to them.
Ferrari- No problem. We'll call them up for you. You just stay out of it.

Mercedes- Lewis stop poaching our staff!!!
Lewis- I never spoke to anyone.

yorkshire pud

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is different than the gardening leave that is enforced. This is a flat-out prohibition on recruiting. This is illegal in my state. I fully understand that this may be common, but it's bullsh!t and a rare example of where the EU/UK lag behind the labor protections available here.

Who would Lewis want to take over to Ferrari anyway?

I reckon he is ready to make the Switch from Bono to a new race engineer anyway and his physio/PA has already gone.

Make no mistake he has his ducks in a row and will hit the ground running in 2025.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Distressing signs today that Max will roll unbothered toward his third WDC this year.

bdavro23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What an enormous failure on the part of Liberty and F1. F1 was already getting more popular around the world, but had gained a great foothold in the US after DTS. The shitshow race in Abu Dhabi to give Max his first DWC, followed by the most boring procession of a season possible last year threatens to undo the last 10 years of work.

I'm not sure I could be less excited about a Formula 1 season than I am right now. Are Red Bull fans even excited for this?

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Ford has just turned up the temperature

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads