• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Formula 1 - F1 - Current Season Discussion

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Happy Charles Leclerc GIF by Formula 1

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Haha I feel the same way, I also feel like no one even mention/acknowledged the fact that he qualified 4th in what is possibly the worst car on the grid.
Yeah, I thought his pace in Q1 and Q2 was due to the tow from Tsunoda, but it would seem he didn't really need the help.

yorkshire pud

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Haha I feel the same way, I also feel like no one even mention/acknowledged the fact that he qualified 4th in what is possibly the worst car on the grid.

I feel Checo 's pain right now.

But.......

I knew Danny would find a way back somehow, absolutely delighted for him 🙂

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Yowza. Big hit for Kmag. Surprised that Macca decided to pit Norris given the obviously parlous state of the Tecpro.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Crowd is completely dead now. Wish Checo was still in the race since there's no energy in the crowd.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Some spicy overtakes today. Gotta love it. Disappointing that the Ferraris couldn't do to Max what he did at the first start, even with the tire offset. At least make him work for it! :) Our Dan timed his good weekend to perfection to contrast with Checo's collapse.

Pirelli's tire selection this weekend made no sense. The C5 was essentially a one-lap quali tire, so while it mixed up the grid, it was utterly unrepresentative of how the cars would fare on the real tires. No one was even close to Max on the C3 and C4.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Also we can throw away any thoughts of George competing with Lewis. That dude was nowhere today. Couldn’t overtake the Ferraris on the softer tire after the restart and then gets overtaken by Lando near the end.

bgsmith

Reaction score
Also we can throw away any thoughts of George competing with Lewis. That dude was nowhere today. Couldn’t overtake the Ferraris on the softer tire after the restart and then gets overtaken by Lando near the end.
Much like Lando he spends all his energy on bitching about what other people are doing in track, Lando at least drives his ass off too.

I like George but I think the fact that he is getting outclassed by Lewis is getting to him, which is ridiculous considering Lewis is arguably the greatest driver ever.

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah it was great to see Lewis erase half of his deficit to Checo in the overall standings today. I’m hoping he can get second by the end of the season, but his DQ last race didn’t help any.

Lando was on fire today. I feel like it’s taken a season or so, but other teams are finally catching up with RB in terms of performance. I keep thinking about RB exceeding the spending cap and wonder if this has been the result.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
RBR understood the assignment, so they have been developing from a solid base of performance since the beginning of last year. Literally everyone else has had to start over to some degree. I think their cap violation more likely helped in 2021 than in 2022, but even there it wasn't decisive. (Masi was decisive...) This allowed them to start on their 2023 car earlier last year while everyone else continued to work to understand their 2022 cars. And they came out of the box on fire this year, so they haven't had to develop this car that much. The catching up that we're seeing is likely as much a reflection of RBR's attention to the 2024 car as it is the progress of the other teams.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads