• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

forever21 mens

yerfdog

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has anyone ever bought any of the Forever 21 mens clothing? I haven't seen it in the stores (i think it is in some stores) but they have it online at www.forever21.com

Some decent looking basics and other things that seem to be in the price/quality range of H&M.

If anyone has ordered, what are the fits like? Are they long enough in the sleeves (for the LS shirts)? Most of them say "true to size" but sometimes this means different things for different people...

Bona Drag

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can't speak to the quality/fit except to say that I wouldn't expect much at that price point; otoh, you really can't lose with basic stuff that cheap.

knucks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
fits are really hit or miss. i have a size S v-neck that fits well, but stretches like crazy so i need to wash it after wearing it once. I also have a short-sleeve western shirt that's a size L but fits the same as that v-neck. Quality isn't great, but I got them both on sale for $4.99 each so I can't complain.

also, I bought some tshirts there, tried a medium on and assumed all the rest are the same fit. one of the medium's i bought fits like a large, another medium fits well in the body but arms are too small..

I say don't buy it without trying it on.

Oh, I was going to buy a sweatshirt there but the M was too small, large was too small, XL fit right on...

yerfdog

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bona Drag
Can't speak to the quality/fit except to say that I wouldn't expect much at that price point; otoh, you really can't lose with basic stuff that cheap.
Well I didn't figure it would be great quality, but like you said, it's so cheap.

On the other hand if the fits are all over the place like knucks mentioned, it might not be worth the trouble to find something that actually works

blake

Affiliate vendor
Reaction score
The quality is terrible. this goes for everything they make. But it really does not matter since it is so cheap. It is basically disposable clothing. The only thing that annoys me is that when i saw the product, I saw blatent rip-offs of other brands. I saw one sweatshiet that was definately a rip-off of a nice collective sweatshirt.

mack11211

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is quality worse than H&M? They have a poor rep but some of their tees hold up, in my experience.

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
I've seen some of the stuff while my girlfriend was in there. I had no idea there was men's clothes. It's not as awful as blake makes them out to be. It's mall brand/AA quality. No one is comparing it to nice brands or anything. At $8-15 for a tshirt/polo and really nothing being over $30 in the whole store it's not bad.

I tried a few things on and as knucks said, the fits are really awkward and inconsistant. I was a small in a button down shirt and a large in a polo short, while being a medium in a tshirt. Definitely don't even think about buying something online. Some things will fit nice, and others don't have a flattering cut. It really depends on the article of clothing and your body type. Most of the stuff is really lame looking (especially the graphic tees), but like i said, i don't think anything in that whole store is over $35(including women's clothes). Some of the stuff looks pretty decent and if you're on a budget wouldn't be bad. I haven't been in a few months as my girlfriend hasn't decided to go back there.

It's cheap "trying" to be fashionable clothes, so if you're a purist, just avoid them and save your money for real brands. If you're on a budget, it won't hurt to try some stuff on.

mack11211

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Then I'll check it out.

There's one in Union Sq South on the ground floor of the same bldg that has DSW and Filene's.

If I want a striped LS tee I can look to H&M, where they come and go in a nano second, or I can spend 250 to get some italian mercerized cotton thing at Barneys, or I can spend 10 bucks at this joint....so I'll investigate. Barneys might have something on this, the last day of the sale, but I don't feel like shlepping into the city and braving the lines.

TimuM

Reaction score
Do they have anything for men ? I could not locate anything on their site for men...

Reaction score
Their prices are good, quality is mehh.., sizing is weird for me. I tend to need to size up one full size on shirts jackets etc.

sbbbjm

Reaction score
i wouldn't order anything online. you really have to try stuff on there to make sure it fits, and that you get a 'good one' - meaning stripes matchup a the seams/aren't sewn crooked, there isn't puckering at the seams etc.

that said though, i've pulled off some very awesome sophisticated looks with some of their pieces. you just have to have a good idea for what looks cheap and what doesn't - its not hard.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 102 36.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads