• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

For the CP/SI/Massimo Osti fans

Lysol

Reaction score
I love CP Company. I don't know if I would lump a lot of their stuff in with the neo-heritage brands but I've always felt that Nom de Guerre has borrowed its fair share of inspiration from old CP Company gear.

The google parka is / was / will always be a classic. Anyone ever see the Chapelle Show where he's rocking it?

Image+1.jpg

M. Bardamu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have been a big Osti fan, ever since I first laid eyes on a Mille Miglia jacket in Toronto's Eaton Centre, about 20 years ago...I now have about 30 C.P. Company pieces of various descriptions, including a MM. A few Stone Island things too (but I find them less wearable than CP) as well as a Massimo Osti Productions lined parka.

Although it's dominated by "casuals", Found NYC is an excellent site -- there are a lot of rare/vintage pieces for sale on there too.

Osti's kids started a new label a while back, called MA.Strum...supposed to be quite good for the price.

fabiomassimo

Reaction score
Plase don't call it "google", as "goggle" will do
smile.gif
teacha.gif

These are MilleMiglia jackets, originally conceived in 1988 and given to the racers of the MilleMiglia (1000miles) race in 1988 and 1989, hence the name.
As with many good things, CP have been churning out too many garments with goggles lately, killing the whole concept behind this jacket.
It is a shame as this is, indeed, a timeless classic jacket.

fabiomassimo

Reaction score
Originally Posted by M. Bardamu
I have been a big Osti fan, ever since I first laid eyes on a Mille Miglia jacket in Toronto's Eaton Centre, about 20 years ago...I now have about 30 C.P. Company pieces of various descriptions, including a MM. A few Stone Island things too (but I find them less wearable than CP) as well as a Massimo Osti Productions lined parka.

Although it's dominated by "casuals", Found NYC is an excellent site -- there are a lot of rare/vintage pieces for sale on there too.

Osti's kids started a new label a while back, called MA.Strum...supposed to be quite good for the price.

Nice to know that there are Osti's fans on here as well (y).
Ma.Strum is not by Osti's kids, it is a brand by Donrad Duncan (former victorinox/swiss army designer), but he has an agreement with the Osti Studio so that he can research the Archive and take inspiration from there.

Lysol

Reaction score
Originally Posted by fabiomassimo
Plase don't call it "google", as "goggle" will do
smile.gif
teacha.gif

Plase and thank you.
smile.gif
teacha.gif

M. Bardamu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice to know that there are Osti's fans on here as well (y).

fistbump.gif

Ma.Strum is not by Osti's kids, it is a brand by Donrad Duncan (former victorinox/swiss army designer), but he has an agreement with the Osti Studio so that he can research the Archive and take inspiration from there.

Sorry, you're correct -- the son and daughter (as IP holders) have a licensing agreement with MA.Strum that includes archival research and designs.

fabiomassimo

Reaction score
Originally Posted by M. Bardamu
fistbump.gif

Sorry, you're correct -- the son and daughter (as IP holders) have a licensing agreement with MA.Strum that includes archival research and designs.

Nothing to be sorry about, it is just I happen to know a few things about Osti, the Studio, Ma.Strum etc.
teacha.gif
teacha.gif
teacha.gif
smile.gif

Racing Green

Reaction score
Sold my Mille Miglia earlier this year. No regrets since until I saw the pictures above.
facepalm.gif

Lysol

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Racing Green
Sold my Mille Miglia earlier this year. No regrets since until I saw the pictures above.
facepalm.gif

Haha. When I couldn't afford such a thing, I was obsessed with it. Then when I could afford it, I was over it. That was until two years ago when Barneys had an awesome in-store display for the 20th anniversary. I finally cracked.

fabiomassimo

Reaction score
Massimo Osti Studio have just released MO1/project, a tribute to Massimo Osti, five years after his passing away. MO1/project is a limited edition of 99 pieces per subject (4), individually numbered, inspired by Massimo Osti's early graphic works from the 70s. Garment Dyed. Made in Italy.

www.mo1.it

link posted as permission granted by LA guy, thank you!

downwithianbrown

Reaction score
HI guys,
any one know where you can find old issues of CP Magazine? i'd love to see some in person.

I tried searching on ebay italy but maybe im doing it wrong.

Zeemon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
thanks for sharing

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads