• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fine cutlery, EDC, and pocket jewelry": Here we post reviews, recommendations, tips about and appreciation of.

mak1277

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has anyone here handled the iMamba flipper from Arno Bernard. Aside from the detent being light the reviews are good and they are stunning to look at with the inlays they offer. The rinkhals are nice too, but the price is a bit nuts for a slip joint.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Has anyone here handled the iMamba flipper from Arno Bernard. Aside from the detent being light the reviews are good and they are stunning to look at with the inlays they offer. The rinkhals are nice too, but the price is a bit nuts for a slip joint.
i like the Eforyn one: https://arnobernard.com/collections/imamba-collection/products/imamba®-flipper-with-elforyn, though I have a Microtech MSI shipped to me, and just got the Benchmade Full Immunity (Benchmade quality has improved drastically in the past few years).and I'm having fun with new Hwk shortcut, so unless it fits all my criteria, I'm passing. The inlays do look nice though.

mak1277

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i like the Eforyn one: https://arnobernard.com/collections/imamba-collection/products/imamba®-flipper-with-elforyn, though I have a Microtech MSI shipped to me, and just got the Benchmade Full Immunity (Benchmade quality has improved drastically in the past few years).and I'm having fun with new Hwk shortcut, so unless it fits all my criteria, I'm passing. The inlays do look nice though.

No love for mammoth molar?

I’m strongly considering getting a gecko or fin&fur in mammoth.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No love for mammoth molar?

I’m strongly considering getting a gecko or fin&fur in mammoth.
I like mammoth, and even have a few knives in it. but I have an eye for materials that are both durable and attractive - thus my preference for materials like titanium, G10, damasteel and micarta over things that can and have shattered on dropping. This is sorta just my aesthetic sensibilities as well. I like things like Craftsman furniture and really don't love anything acetate, etc...

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Any one tried Giant Mouse here? I am new(ish) to knives, and the Penguin Fok is just about perfect for me as an EDC (thank you by the way). Was looking at their smaller piece Ace Nibbler as another small piece. Any thoughts or experience?

Thank you.

-DL
I do like Giant Mouse knives, Both Jens Anso and Jesper Voxnaes are amazing designers. Voxnaes maybe the best small big knife designer currently working; I will say that Reate (Chinese) made ones (like the Riv) are much higher quality. A lot of it is cosmetic (fit and finish and types of contouring, etc...) but the incidences of functional things like lockstick are more common on the Italian made knives.

I've heard good things about the nibbler, and it is a Reate made product. probably pretty good.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
New version of the Rockwall just hit.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Looks good to me but I’m sad to see no milling on the handle. Feels like they got lazy.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks good to me but I’m sad to see no milling on the handle. Feels like they got lazy.
I like the texture, but I think that they know that if it's their go to for everything, that it could be limiting to their brand. Anyway, I have to say, having a Micarta Maverick now, that Benchmade makes a far superior product. Everyone is bitching and moaning about the price of the new Full Immunity, at $270, with excellent action and fit and finish. Yes, it's a small knife, but that was on purpose, and you could make that a smaller or full sized knife from what is basicallly a mini, for very much less. The work is about the same and the material cost differences would be negligible. The Maverick looks nice, but the action is sluggish and Micarta version comes in at $250, and titanium, at $350. Though I prefer more spring tension (and Kunwu provides them - I've just been too lazy to change them out) the Kunwu Pulsaw is a far superior product, with a more stable lockinng system, an Ti scales, for $259, or $239 in preorder. I realize that the Maverick is made int he USa, etc... but if you are charging $350, get the action right.

In other news - I managed to snag a Microtech MSI (base G10 version) when they were stocked, and that is scheduled to get here next week. After a drought of knives that I really, really, wanted, the Full Immunity came out, I managed to snag an MSI, my shortcut preorder from October came it, and is so much fun as well as being probably my actual most functional "knife", and Casey Lynch finished repairs from September of last year and I got my Hinderer Half Track back with an upgraded Lynch Milled Hinderer clip, as well as one of my favorite quirky knives, the Wilkins Leafstorm V2.

I really, really, really want a Leafstorm with a datmasteel handle and his new wharny blade, like this:

7159079A-F80E-4DDC-8C6A-1687A3FD1F00_1_201_a.jpeg

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I haven’t been around in a while. Is this where I put my custom Greg Cimms knife with some BMS12 A5?

View attachment 1964789
I'm looking at a Murray Carter custom, but actually want something a bit more robust, a bit more European. I think that what I'd really get the most real use out of is a 5.5-6" petty with a slightly more robust bladestoclk. Nothing crazy, but maybe in the 0-.125 bladestock thickness level, rather than the super thing Japanese knives, which are often closer to 2/3" of that. Any recomendations?

admin

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
Visited Winkler Knives in Boone, NC today. Some bloody gorgeous knives, but the nicest were not for sale.
IMG_8353.jpeg
IMG_8366.jpeg
IMG_8357.jpeg
IMG_8362.jpeg

IMG_8358.jpeg
IMG_8386.jpeg
IMG_8394.jpeg

IMG_8389.jpeg

IMG_8367.jpeg

IMG_8403.jpeg
IMG_8409.jpeg

I picked up a Blue Ridge Hunter in sculpted walnut and my buddy got the others.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads