• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Falling Skies (TV Show)

magogian12345

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Did anyone watch it? I thought it was fairly interesting. Sort of a mix of Jericho and War of the Worlds.

L.R.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I enjoyed it, nothing special yet, but with some time it may become good.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I enjoyed it too....and I came in fully expecting it to suck and annoyed with the year and a half of teasers TNT was showing before just getting on with it

magogian12345

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by HRoi
annoyed with the year and a half of teasers TNT was showing before just getting on with it

Seriously! Also, the first episode itself seemed to have 30 minutes of teasers for the show.

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
This has now replaced Battlestar Galactica as the stupidest allegedly "sci-fi" show I have ever seen. I had hopes that the show would recognize humanity could not possibly defeat an alien invasion that was able to produce technology that could travel through interstellar space, but they are pretending human beings could actually kill them. This is so effing stupid I can't tolerate it anymore. I gave it several episodes, and while I think some of the characters are fairly interesting the plot and the science aspect of this show is too stupid to witness.

Fail. Utter and complete effing failure.

Why is it so hard for people to do science fiction right? I don't demand much, just don't base the science part of science-fiction on a third grader's understanding of the universe.

Assholes.

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
TNT Board Meeting:

Suit 1 - "So we've got this idea for an alien invasion show and we have to think about what the aliens will be like. Thoughts?"

Suit 2 - "Well how about we just make them generic bug-like creatures with really cool vehicles that walk on two legs and are comparable in size to human beings and are not impervious to gunfire but have energy weapons and for some reason don't immediately eliminate all of humanity in four seconds upon invasion with a giant super-atomic-thermal-weapon we couldn't possibly understand but instead decide to fight us on a ground battle even though they can fly and swim and probably walk through walls and after the US and Chinese military are wiped out they eventually get defeated by a rag-tag group of peasants using civilian AK-47 and AR-15 variants led by the guy who got his ass beat by Kevin Costner in the Postman and that doctor guy from the ER show that jumped the shark after the guy from Revenge of the Nerds died from cancer."

Suit 1 - "BRILLIANT!"

God I hate this show.

tricota

Reaction score
I have atempted to watch the pilot 2 times so far, giving up both times. I just dont think these type of "end of the world, trying to stay alive" is me... Jerico, Walking Dead etc...:embar:

Pinhas

Reaction score
Haven't watched this yet, but I just finished Jericho on Netflix and I must say its one of my favorites now; 2ns season was mehh but the show delivered. Have Walking Dead on my computer waiting for me. Will give this a try eventually.

studio253

Reaction score

TNT Board Meeting:

Suit 1 - "So we've got this idea for an alien invasion show and we have to think about what the aliens will be like. Thoughts?"

Suit 2 - "Well how about we just make them generic bug-like creatures with really cool vehicles that walk on two legs and are comparable in size to human beings and are not impervious to gunfire but have energy weapons and for some reason don't immediately eliminate all of humanity in four seconds upon invasion with a giant super-atomic-thermal-weapon we couldn't possibly understand but instead decide to fight us on a ground battle even though they can fly and swim and probably walk through walls and after the US and Chinese military are wiped out they eventually get defeated by a rag-tag group of peasants using civilian AK-47 and AR-15 variants led by the guy who got his ass beat by Kevin Costner in the Postman and that doctor guy from the ER show that jumped the shark after the guy from Revenge of the Nerds died from cancer."

Suit 1 - "BRILLIANT!"

God I hate this show.

That summary was written better than any dialogue on this show.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 99 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 96 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads