• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fake or Real (Authentic, Genuine, etc.) -- Official Authentication Thread

ClosetEvolution

Reaction score
@Versace Guy
Thanks for the thumbs up. All the ties and the leather goods were from an estate sale, so same original owner.
Sorry, I'm no help with the sweater.

Versace Guy

Reaction score

@ ClosetEvolution,
I am 80% sure the Hermes ties are real, especially if they came from the same donor (some of them I am 100% sure are real)

My turn to ask! Can someone authenticate these Issey Miyake? The tag seem different from what I've seen posted on the forum. And if real, is it women's or men's? They measure like men's, but the style feels like women's

Edit: actually these fit huge on me, but could be women's sag sweater

Reposting this again, does anyone have any opinion on it?

Cj52racers

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The BB would be an odd thing to fake and the CDG looks exactly like the couple older ones I have. Dope shirt too man.

Rixon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hello, it has been brought to my attention that this Tom Ford sports jacket may not be legit on this thread I started to ask opinions on styling: http://www.styleforum.net/t/528663/thoughts-tf-birdseye-sport-jacket#post_8563566

Here are pictures. Thoughts? Thanks :)
Also, what on earth is a size 48 "F"? I know, S, R, L, and C - not this though.

I also would not mind your opinions on the jacket in the original thread - assuming its authenticity.

Last edited:

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hello, it has been brought to my attention that this Tom Ford sports jacket may not be legit on this thread I started to ask opinions on styling: http://www.styleforum.net/t/528663/thoughts-tf-birdseye-sport-jacket#post_8563566

Here are pictures. Thoughts? Thanks :)
Also, what on earth is a size 48 "F"? I know, S, R, L, and C - not this though.

I also would not mind your opinions on the jacket in the original thread - assuming its authenticity.
This might look like an orphan because it's a birdseye. But I've had SC before that was made from birdseye fabric. Also, keep in mind this is TF. He tries to blur the line between casual wear and formal wear or at least business attire. Also, that's a real Zegna tag. They've been making for TF for years. It's real based on that tag and all the details looks legit. The triple patch pockets also make it casual enough to be worn as a SC if this were intended to be a 2 piece. At the end of the day, if you look good in it, who gives a **** whether it's an orphan or SC. Oh, wowniceshirt is a legit seller on eBay.

kbadgley84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hello, it has been brought to my attention that this Tom Ford sports jacket may not be legit on this thread I started to ask opinions on styling: http://www.styleforum.net/t/528663/thoughts-tf-birdseye-sport-jacket#post_8563566 Here are pictures. Thoughts? Thanks :) Also, what on earth is a size 48 "F"? I know, S, R, L, and C - not this though. Thanks :) I also would not mind your opinions on the jacket in the original thread - assuming its authenticity.
M Is say legit Also, at the bottom of the Zegna tag it says "giacca" which in Italian means "jacket". On later Zegna tags they started denoting at the bottom of the tag wether it was a "jacket" or "suit" Oh and it looks like the the lining is a silk blend. Nice score man!

Cj52racers

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
K is correct. As is barrel. Even if it had been an orphan, the patch pockets would make it very wearable as an SC

Rixon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the swift responses.

Quote: Good point, and it is why I have kept away from some of his stuff in the past.

Quote: Interesting. I was informed that this is a very recent jacket, although I cannot find it in any lookbook.

Quote:
Ha, so you think the patch pockets look alright?

Cj52racers

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ yes, because that is the detail that really screams sport coat. if it had flap pockets, I would not like it as an SC. Those pockets define it.

dad2bandm

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does this look legit? Kid-size. Only tag seems to be what's in picture.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads