• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fake or Real (Authentic, Genuine, etc.) -- Official Authentication Thread

kbadgley84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

@kbadgley84
Thanks. It was way out of my price range, so I left it. But now I have a better idea of a legit tag. Thanks again.

Burberry stopped using that tag in 1999 so the coat was pretty old, wouldn't pick up if over $10 unless it's a killer pattern and cashmere or silk or for personal use

Cj52racers

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks good to me. The more recent ones will have the Hermes copyright by the buckle on the left border, but I don't think the older ones did. Looks like the roll is to the proper side. I vote yay

ClosetEvolution

Reaction score
The leather:

Coach

Coach again

Cartier Paris

Gucci

SPORT W. Germany

Pretty sure these are legit, but hoping for the thumbs up from the esteemed wisdom of SF members. If any are knock-offs, please let me know.

ClosetEvolution

Reaction score
The neckwear:

Giorgio Armani

YVES SAINT LAURENT

LANVIN

Gucci

Hermes

Once again, pretty sure these are legit, but I trust the SF stamp of authenticity far more than my own at this point in my journey.

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Armani is real but very old. The YSL are licensed. Lavin are also licensed. Gucci looks legit. The rest, not so sure.

dangerdan87

Reaction score
Thinking about this Burberry blazer.
Seller says it's made in Portugal. Burberry'so website has the same blazer, but only in blue, however if real, perhaps this is an older one in military khaki?

Thanks

ClosetEvolution

Reaction score
@barrelntrigger
Thanks for the info. For future reference, how can I tell if Lanvin or YSL are licensed vs genuine? Also, what are the indicators for the Armani and Gucci to be legit?

Thanks again.

Spruce Moose

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thinking about this Burberry blazer.
Seller says it's made in Portugal. Burberry'so website has the same blazer, but only in blue, however if real, perhaps this is an older one in military khaki?

Thanks
Looks to me like a fairly recent Burberry jacket. I believe mine is made in portugal as well but I'd have to check the labels when I get home

Last edited:

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@barrelntrigger
Thanks for the info. For future reference, how can I tell if Lanvin or YSL are licensed vs genuine? Also, what are the indicators for the Armani and Gucci to be legit?

Thanks again.

Honestly, I forgot...Sorry, lol I've been out of the game for awhile. I've seen enough licensed YSL and Lanvin ties to know these are. I'm gonna refer you to a higher authority in this matter. @SpooPoker

Versace Guy

Reaction score
@ ClosetEvolution,
I am 80% sure the Hermes ties are real, especially if they came from the same donor (some of them I am 100% sure are real)

My turn to ask! Can someone authenticate these Issey Miyake? The tag seem different from what I've seen posted on the forum. And if real, is it women's or men's? They measure like men's, but the style feels like women's

Edit: actually these fit huge on me, but could be women's sag sweater

Last edited:

Spruce Moose

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks to me like a fairly recent Burberry jacket. I believe mine is made in portugal as well but I'd have to check the labels when I get home
Just a follow up, but my blazer is made in portugal as well. It had a MSRP of 999.99 new. Yours looks okay to me although it's hard to tell from pictures.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads