• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fake or Real (Authentic, Genuine, etc.) -- Official Authentication Thread

RapFan

Reaction score
1. Whole cut shoes are not worth the effort to duplicate

2. The combination of square flap and exposed stitching matches. There's Tramezza wholecuts which don't have exposed stitching and the flap is a different shape. The fact that they got the combo correct tells me it's real

AAE

Reaction score
1. Whole cut shoes are not worth the effort to duplicate

2. The combination of square flap and exposed stitching matches. There's Tramezza wholecuts which don't have exposed stitching and the flap is a different shape. The fact that they got the combo correct tells me it's real
Thank you. I was curios or doubtful of the marking on the sole; note the letter “E” in tramezza in the soles of both shoes. What do you think?

AAE

Reaction score
What about the letter E are referring to
The letter “E” doesn’t seem like an E. The first photo is of the brown shoe, the second photo of the black. Seller claimed he bought them from a Ferragamo store.
IMG_3265.jpeg
IMG_3266.jpeg

kbadgley84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thank you very much, so just to confirm, you believe they are real?
Yes they are real, I have handled a lot of this line over the years and these are real. I can honestly say that no counterfeiter would even go the lengths to make a doe identical to a line of Ferragamo the would realistically never be copied

AAE

Reaction score
Yes they are real, I have handled a lot of this line over the years and these are real. I can honestly say that no counterfeiter would even go the lengths to make a doe identical to a line of Ferragamo the would realistically never be copied
Thank you. A quick question, what is meant by doe? Also, do you know what year the two shoes are from?

Last edited:

TheSteelTable

Reaction score
I bought this Canali 1934 suit on eBay. I realize it's difficult with only photos, but I was wondering if anyone could help me determine whether or not it's an authentic Canali?

Thanks 1 - Copy.jpg 2 - Copy.jpg 4 - Copy.jpg 5 - Copy.jpg 6 - Copy.jpg

ThunderStrike

Reaction score
Firstly, check the quality of the material; Canali suits are typically made with high-quality fabrics like fine wool or blends. Next, examine the stitching for precision and uniformity, ensuring there are no loose threads. Look for the Canali label stitched inside the jacket and trousers, paying attention to the neatness of the stitching and the presence of the Canali logo. Authentic Canali suits often feature buttons engraved with the brand's name or logo, so inspect these as well. Additionally, examine the lining of the jacket for quality and consistency, and consider the overall fit and construction of the suit, as Canali is known for its tailored fit and attention to detail.

TheSteelTable

Reaction score
Firstly, check the quality of the material; Canali suits are typically made with high-quality fabrics like fine wool or blends. Next, examine the stitching for precision and uniformity, ensuring there are no loose threads. Look for the Canali label stitched inside the jacket and trousers, paying attention to the neatness of the stitching and the presence of the Canali logo. Authentic Canali suits often feature buttons engraved with the brand's name or logo, so inspect these as well. Additionally, examine the lining of the jacket for quality and consistency, and consider the overall fit and construction of the suit, as Canali is known for its tailored fit and attention to detail.
It definitely has a Canali label sewn on the right side, but the buttons are not engraved with any logo as far as I can tell. I don't have the knowledge to evaluate the authenticity of the label, or the quality of stitching.

Last edited:

jazerad

Reaction score
I bought this Canali 1934 suit on eBay. I realize it's difficult with only photos, but I was wondering if anyone could help me determine whether or not it's an authentic Canali?

Thanks View attachment 2127249 View attachment 2127251 View attachment 2127253 View attachment 2127255 View attachment 2127257
Looks authentic

Thanks View attachment 2127249 View attachment 2127251 View attachment 2127253 View attachment 2127255 View attachment 2127257
Looks authentic

ThunderStrike

Reaction score
It definitely has a Canali label sewn on the right side, but the buttons are not engraved with any logo as far as I can tell. I don't have the knowledge to evaluate the authenticity of the label, or the quality of stitching.
It's looks like authentic based on the pictures. Some Canali pieces might have engraved buttons as a mark of authenticity, not all of them do. It could vary depending on the specific design or collection.

starwarsocean

Reaction score

I vote authentic. Everything looks right and it has the right type of model coding on the label. Canali uses 11/13/15 to denote their model fit, so this one is “13290” which seems right. If you want to verify, this cut should be more tailored than a strictly full cut but ofc after-market tailoring may have altered the finished product anyways. I’ve also never come across fake silver label but I’m sure it exists although question how quality they would be.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ronastiny