• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fake or Real (Authentic, Genuine, etc.) -- Official Authentication Thread

Derrick Aud

Reaction score
Zegna ties - authentic? (updated w/ close-up photos)
Just curious what everyone thought about the Zegnas this guy is selling, or if anyone has done business with him before. I ordered one from him, but the label seems a little off, and it was shipped in a plastic sleeve with a Zegna logo that looked to have been printed pretty sloppily.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/195-Ermeneg...918494560?pt=US_Mens_Ties&hash=item1e7b59b160

Thanks in advance for the help!

Edit: Here are some photos of the tie I purchased. Any thoughts? Thanks again for any help!

Last edited:

deveandepot1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Edit-nvm. Spoo says it is real so it is real.

Last edited:

deveandepot1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Then again he has been an eBay member since 2004 and has 12000+ feedback.
If you really want this tie contact him and get the facts.

deveandepot1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Derrick Aud

Reaction score
Yeah they are obviously not anything that came out recently, but I do really like the pattern of the one I purchased. It's definitely silk and has a nice thickness and heft. I'm just a little paranoid about authenticity since I lived in China for a while and saw the amount of counterfeiting that goes on there (luckily, this tie didn't come directly from there). The price was fair for what appears to be a quality silk tie, but I'm still curious if it's a fake. Just trying to figure out if I should demand a refund or if it looks authentic enough to hang onto.

@deveanddepot: I contacted the seller to ask for a few details and tell him the concerns I had; I guess I'll see what he says and if it's believable enough. Like you said, he does have great feedback, and there weren't any complaints about counterfeit items, which is why I bought it in the first place.

EDIT: Scooped. Thanks for the help SpooPoker. If you don't mind me asking, what should I be looking for that makes you sure it's authentic? Thanks again; I really appreciate it!

Last edited:

deveandepot1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just searched my inbox, it looks like I bought a Macy's house brand tie from them years ago.
I don't remember it being fake.

I hope that helps a little.

Derrick Aud

Reaction score
@deveanddepot: I trust you guys more than I trust myself; I don't have a ton of experience with Zegna. If Spoo thinks it's real, and you've had a good experience with the seller in the past, that's good enough for me. Thanks again for the reply!

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

@deveanddepot: I trust you guys more than I trust myself; I don't have a ton of experience with Zegna. If Spoo thinks it's real, and  you've had a good experience with the seller in the past, that's good enough for me. Thanks again for the reply!

Agree with others - the Zegna tie looks real, but old. That logo hasn't been used for quite a few years but if you like the tie, if it's in good condition and is a reasonable width, then go for it.

Istoard

Reaction score
YSL jacket on eBay- real or fake?
Dear all,

I've just purchased a Yves Saint Laurent jacket from eBay, but now after reading online about the prevalence of fakes on eBay, I'm feeling less confident about its authenticity.

The item is listed here:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MENS-YVES...skQXyHOBiqE88%2FHBa14%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

The seller has perfect feedback for over 600 listings (bar one case, who claimed his purchase was fake), but I was wondering if it was possible for anyone here to give their opinions.
A speedy answer would be much appreciated, as I have not yet paid for the item. Should I ask for further photographs for clarification?

Many thanks in advance to anyone who can help! :)

Last edited:

bengal-stripe

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Yes, it's genuine; that item is from the licensed 'Diffusion' pour homme range, which does not exist any more. The more exclusive range is 'rive gauche', which also has been stopped.

As from this season the house has been renamed from 'Yves Saint Laurent' to 'Saint Laurent Paris'.

Istoard

Reaction score
Hi thanks a lot for the reply! I'm curious to know how you can tell from those photos- would it be possible to explain further?

I've also asked if the seller could provide some photos of the inside labels.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member