• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

EXTREMELY ADVANCED: official oversized/next level clothing thread

the kidcrash

Reaction score
JieDa FW16
Yeah man. big Jieda fan, was happy to see their new lookbook getting some attention. Doing some great stuff. I'll post some more here when I get home from work but for now here's a post I wrote about oversized stuff on Reddit last year

https://www.reddit.com/r/malefashion/comments/3n12h4/wide_pants_and_looser_silhouette_inspiration/

here's the inspo album I made for that post: http://imgur.com/a/SnyEY
you may recognize a few SF regulars....

and cross posting some fits on recommendation

so some recent ones, newest to oldest

dunno why it's tiny, sorry. edwina hoerl, cornelian taurus bag

phablic x kazui, auralee, dulcamara

edwina hoerl, hatra (too small, swapped for the one in the spoiler), himukashi, house of the very islands

my beautiful landlet, unused, yantor, converse 1 star

new hatra printed jacket, edwina hoerl

again just cuz. these shoes are B E A T. need new black leather shoes asap.

some 'modeling' a store had me do for fun as part of the himukashi trunk show. all himukashi. stussy livin x moonstar and phillip lim frames are mine

Last edited:

the kidcrash

Reaction score
i came to save the game like a memory card

My beautiful landlet

Labrat

Kidill

Balmung

stof

himukashi

ffixxed

ohta

EDWINA HORL <3<3<3<3<3

these pants will not hold a cuff due to width/weight so I sewed those in there but I did a pretty sloppy job and had to remove the stitches. They look way better with a cuff than without. Might take them to a tailor for proper sewing but I'm kinda lazy.

80's wide pant cosplay. someone must have sold off their yohji collection because I found a load of mainline stuff in so-so condition, including these pants. prolly gonna let them go though, trying to slim the wardrobe.. definitely fucked up by not grabbing the ankle-length wool coat but so it goes. Trench is My Beautiful Landlet and that's not going anywhere

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I like the kid's look.

Guy back left in the hat is even more advanced.

happyriverz

Reaction score
In trying to find more labels that make baggy/oversized pants, found an old thread on Ziggy Chen (lots more pictures in that thread). I dig these looks a lot -- obvious Yohji influence detected. I also like the fact that Ziggy is Chinese, as am I, and I would love to support a fellow Chinese designer. Has anyone handled any pieces in person?

the kidcrash

Reaction score
In trying to find more labels that make baggy/oversized pants, found an old thread on Ziggy Chen (lots more pictures in that thread). I dig these looks a lot -- obvious Yohji influence detected. I also like the fact that Ziggy is Chinese, as am I, and I would love to support a fellow Chinese designer. Has anyone handled any pieces in person?
what little Ziggy I've handled has been extremely nice. Great cut, materials, and designs. Way out of my budget, even secondhand. It's a little more austere but maybe you'd like Thamanyah

really love Bukht. They don't always do wide stuff but I prefer it when they do

the big jeans are the best, i used to own a pair and the quality/cut was fantastic, especially considering the price

also, lotta brands doing hakama pants this season. Yohji's are still probably the best but everyone from Visvim to Facetasm has tried their hand at them.
Sasquatchfabrix

Whowhat denim hakamas

The Sakaki The Bang

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads