• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Extreme delays for International packages?

Eustace Tilley

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by aportnoy
Nah. I've been coveting their austerity brogue forever, no more.

Very cool. Hope you'll post pics.

iamjammin

Reaction score
This actually gives me a lot of relief. been waiting on a package from u.k. shipped jan 4. Not as long as some people have been waiting, but i was getting concerned.

kcc

Reaction score
Originally Posted by niidawg3
i hope its just customs scanning stuff to make sure it is clear vs them trying to prepare a bill for me.

Oh, you're gonna' get a invoice dude. In the future, request standard instead of special shipping methods.

GBer

Reaction score
Shipped economy via ship ( a slow one), then sitting at Customs for a few weeks. Can you track it?

Icehawk

Reaction score
This has me really concerned, I have a shoe order from the UK that I need for next weekend... ****.

nmprisons

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am now two weeks into a very small shipment (one wallet) from Hong Kong to New York. All I know is that it supposedly left Hong Kong on the 22nd, then dropped off the map with respect to tracking. Argh! Anything I can do about this?

Michael Ay329

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I ordered suiting cloth on December 3, and the item was shipped on December 4, from Barcelona, Spain.

The Spanish postal company Correos was useless since the tracking number listed on noted that the package had left the country and the United States Postal Service (USPS) said the item had never entered the US.

For 5 weeks it was in limbo and the cloth merchant and I deemed it lost...so we used another carrier on January 14, 2011, and reshipped more cloth...at the merchant's expense.

On January 16, 2011...I received both packages. I noticed the "lost" item entered US customs on January 12 (over 5 week delay)

Correos response was that for "security" reasons the US authorities refused to receive their shipped goods...so blame it on the Americans for the delay...and they refused to refund the difference between priority international and the usual 6 weeks it takes to delivery an item mailed by ship.

The merchant and I will no longer use Correos...instead will use SEUR in Spain.

6 weeks delay was messed up...as the tracking systems used by the USPS and Correos said they do not know where the package was.

I returned/rejected this package in its unopened condition and the USPS was forced to mail it back...at no cost to me, to the merchant.

nmprisons

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
lovely. this country hasn't quite figured out how to balance "security" and "reality"

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
If it's worth having, it's worth the wait. Obviously too many have grown up in an age of instant gratification.

This, of course, assumes that the anticipated item will not be going out of style within the month.

Saenek

Reaction score
Pretty odd, going about 5 weeks waiting on a package from the UK > US, but I got a package from HK that was sent well afterwards within a week or so.

deputychino

Reaction score
i've ordered from 2 different stores in the UK recently, the first place shipped via FedEx and it arrived in 3 days with no problems. The 2nd shipment was shipped UPS and once it got to the states was held up in customs until the shipper faxed a commercial invoice to them. This took around a week and half of going back and forth with UPS and the store. Once it was cleared and finally got to me I had to pay a $60 customs fee in order to receive the package.

I should also mention that I had to return the first package I got and that was total fiasco as well. All of the forms I had to fill out in order to pass back through customs was royal pain. I had to list the country of origin where the garment was made and then list the materials that the garment was made up of.

dwintersgill01

Reaction score
my wife just received her xmas present from wimbleton (and came airmail). soooo, the answer is yes. also took quite a while to get the xmas stuff from harrods.

Icehawk

Reaction score
Originally Posted by RSS
If it's worth having, it's worth the wait. Obviously too many have grown up in an age of instant gratification.

This, of course, assumes that the anticipated item will not be going out of style within the month.

rolleyes.gif

Anyways, if it helps I have a package (shoes) from the UK that was shipped on Friday, hit the US today and is already through customs and at the next shipping hub - should have the package on Monday. Sent via DHL.

Hopefully this means shipping is back to "normal".

aravenel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
One can hope, but I still haven't received my package from late December. Another couple of weeks, and I'm going to have to give it up for lost...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads