• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ever hang with famous people?

amerikajinda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Schnurretiger
Weeeeell..... I once weeded Anne Hathaway's garden.
euphemism much?

FLMountainMan

White Hispanic
Reaction score
Was good friends in college with Sebastian Janikowski (kicker for the Raiders). The most self-destructive guy I've ever been around, but really loyal to his friends. Also went out a few times with Darnell Dockett (defensive tackle, Arizona Cardinals). Hung out with Jason Giambi. Hilarious, oafish guy. Besides that a bunch of state politicians.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I know a few, and spend quite a bit of time with them. There are others that I don't know personally but come into contact with somewhat frequently.

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I know the OP is banned now, but we have a few "famous people" threads and so it makes me curious. Call me unamerican, but being even remotely interested in famous people just isn't in my genes. I've met only very few "famous" people, but my sister has met many and to be honest, most of them were just normal people OR people who had some created, affected persona that was more annoying than anything else.

Most of the posters on this thread probably don't care about "famous" people much, either, but I'm curious if ANYBODY actually thinks "more" of somebody just because they are famous or because they've hung out with a famous person? If not, then why do we have all these threads?

All the famous people I'd really want to hang out with are dead or fictional. And, seeing the pics of the SF meetup, I'd much rather hang with those guys than most celebrities any day.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rach2jlc
I know the OP is banned now, but we have a few "famous people" threads and so it makes me curious. Call me unamerican, but being even remotely interested in famous people just isn't in my genes. I've met only very few "famous" people, but my sister has met many and to be honest, most of them were just normal people OR people who had some created, affected persona that was more annoying than anything else. Most of the posters on this thread probably don't care about "famous" people much, either, but I'm curious if ANYBODY actually thinks "more" of somebody just because they are famous or because they've hung out with a famous person? If not, then why do we have all these threads? All the famous people I'd really want to hang out with are dead or fictional. And, seeing the pics of the SF meetup, I'd much rather hang with those guys than most celebrities any day.
I respect what they've done to achieve fame but I don't get excited or go out of my way to meet or see them. It doesn't excite me, and I've had a few folks get bothered by my nonchalance as a result. I've passed up many opportunities to see or be in the company of the famous.

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JayJay
I respect what they've done to achieve fame but I don't get excited or go out of my way to meet or see them. It doesn't excite me, and I've had a few folks get bothered by my nonchalance as a result. I've passed up many opportunities to see or be in the company of the famous.
Exactly. And, usually, those who DO go out of their way to be in their presence tell the same lame ass stories for the rest of their lives. Like, if I have to hear my brother-in-law tell again about the time he drank with Gallagher at an airport bar, I'm going to shoot myself in the head.

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I collected, traded and sold vintage guitars for many years begining in the late 80's. I got to meet a lot of interesting, talented and famous musicians.

I sold a vintage Gibson guitar to Keith Richards for a reasonable price. He appreciated that and invited me to the next Stones concert along with dinner with Keith, Mick and the boys in the Voodoo lounge before the show.

I've meet most of the jazz guitar greats that were still alive in the 80's and 90's. I would always run into the Bay Area band guys from the 60's-90's, everyone from the Dead to Green Day, Metalica, etc.

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by pocketsquareguy
I sold a vintage Gibson guitar to Keith Richards for a reasonable price. He appreciated that and invited me to the next Stones concert along with dinner with Keith, Mick and the boys in the Voodoo lounge before the show.

Sounds like a lot of fun, although I'm afraid I could spend two hours with Keith Richards and not actually understand a single word that he said.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kwilkinson
Piobaire is homies with Wayne Gretzky?

Nope. Wayne was the generation before me. His brother Brent was in my generation. Knowing or playing against people that became famous NHL players is nothing special where I'm from, as playing hockey is just what you did as a kid.

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Piobaire
Nope. Wayne was the generation before me. His brother Brent was in my generation. Knowing or playing against people that became famous NHL players is nothing special where I'm from, as playing hockey is just what you did as a kid.

Did you get pwned? I got dunked on my Greg Oden once.

Tried to take a charge. Dude jumped almost entirely over me. Hit nutsack almost hit me in the face. If I could do it over again, I'd have gotten out of the lane.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kwilkinson
Did you get pwned?

Brent was not the caliber player his brother was.

dopamine

Reaction score
I've hung out with a few - mostly either visits at my University or lunch meetings during the summer (I worked as an intern at a talent management firm for some famous comedy actors). I took a class from from a fairly famous actor and had lunch with him last year.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member