• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Espadrilles

hustlenflo22

Reaction score
I'm wondering about a good place to find some espadrilles before the summer...I have some vacations coming that these would be great for--

anyone have ideas? anything in NY?

Maharlika

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hermes has some really nice espadrilles.

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I've never purchased from here, but someone recommended Ropey Soles tho shipping from the UK may make this moot.

I bought a few pair in Barcelona which I wear around the house. Same place that Dali got his made.

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ineffable
I'm thinking about getting a pair of these bikkembergs from yoox...

I was about to pull the trigger on the black ones when I realized that that's the ONLY colour they don't have a 12 in. My loss...

dak244

Reaction score
Originally Posted by JD_May
I was about to pull the trigger on the black ones when I realized that that's the ONLY colour they don't have a 12 in. My loss...
$117 is a little rough for shoes to wear around the beach/sand/water. If it were me, I would stick with the $30 "soft" versions. They seem to be more low key and "authentic"

onion

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Maharlika
Hermes has some really nice espadrilles.

Are you talking about the canvas ones that bluefly These has right now? To me they look a bit like ballerina shoes, and what is the string for on the back? Do they tie around your leg?

And to JD May: Love the avatar. Rene Magritte is my absolute favorite artist! I have have 3 oil on canvas reproductions of his art work in my condo, and I want to get a copy of that one as well. 'The Lover's' has always been one of my favorite paintings.

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dak244
$117 is a little rough for shoes to wear around the beach/sand/water. If it were me, I would stick with the $30 "soft" versions. They seem to be more low key and "authentic"
I was actually planning to wear them at work. 117 isn't too much imo, so long as they're reasonably durable, and the few DB items I have have held up quite well.

Originally Posted by onion
And to JD May: Love the avatar. Rene Magritte is my absolute favorite artist! I have have 3 oil on canvas reproductions of his art work in my condo, and I want to get a copy of that one as well. 'The Lover's' has always been one of my favorite paintings.
Mine too... other favourites:
magritte.jpg

rene-magritte-die-blankovollmacht.jpg

Superb0bo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Ropeysoles look great. I wonder if one should sized down one eu size to get a better barefoot fit...?

SocietyRed

Reaction score
I'd like to bump this thread as I am currently trying to find espadrilles in New York and I've been having bad luck. Tried Steven Alan for Tom's shoes but I'd rather have a traditional espadrille and they didn't have my size.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sharpro78