• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Equus Leather - English Handstitched Bridle Leather Belts - Official Affiliate and Review Thread

Astaroth

Reaction score
I think quite a few of the more basic leather guys do them?
TBH, I had a quick google and saw the limited offerings and uniform 11" length and thought to ask you before spending time searching more (particularly as its my wife's watch and she has a thing for your ostrich straps but doesnt have any other watch suitable for one)

Last edited:

Equus Leather

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

TBH, I had a quick google and saw the limited offerings and uniform 11" length and thought to ask you before spending time searching more (particularly as its my wife's watch and she has a thing for your ostrich straps but doesnt have any other watch suitable for one) 

Ostrich leg would work really well actually, Ive made a couple of bracelets that would have worked on trench watch style lugs also..

Jeebus

Reaction score
Does anyone have any recommendations on what belt model is best for business attire with suites? I'm a fashion noob here. Thinking maybe the West End?

I also have AE shoes in colors Merlot and Walnut Calf. Which Equus colors would match the best? Thinking Burgundy would match well with the AE Merlot. Kind of stuck in between choosing the Hazel or the Oak Brown for the AE Walnut.

Would appreciate any kind of advice!!

Thanks

Equus Leather

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Does anyone have any recommendations on what belt model is best for business attire with suites? I'm a fashion noob here. Thinking maybe the West End?

I also have AE shoes in colors Merlot and Walnut Calf. Which Equus colors would match the best? Thinking Burgundy would match well with the AE Merlot. Kind of stuck in between choosing the Hazel or the Oak Brown for the AE Walnut. 

Thanks

Just a comment about Bakers leathers and matching shoes. I love the leathers, but the colours vary quite a bit, even between straps cut from the same piece of leather or from one end to the other. Thats very much part of its charm, but I tend to say if your thinking about how it goes with shoes match overall character not colour

Hope thats helpful! Remeber we have a sample service so you can put physical bits of leathers to the shoes if you like

Charlie

MSchapiro

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thanks
West End is fine. Mayfair or Aspley are the best in my opinion for formal wear.

jssdc

Reaction score
I have a half dozen west ends that I wear with suits. I think the Mayfair may be more suit-y, as the west end is something of a jack of all trades, but I don't like brass buckles, and haven't yet convinced myself to pony up for a sterling Mayfair (although I'm sure a future project will be to send my black strap in for a sterling buckle and have the existing nickel one placed into a Bakers oak or russet).

Jeebus

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice everyone.

I just ordered the sample set and will go from there.

Looking at the Aspley as the Sterling Mayfair is definitely over my budget.

fairlynerdy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Shout out for Equus customer service, plus a story. I'm on a number of group buy emails / groups and recently one offered a belt in a color / style that I should probably get at some point. Seriously great price for decent quality. But I decided not to get it. When I needed to have some belts shortened, Equus took care of me. When I had a totally self inflicted issue with a watch strap, Equus took care of me. The quality of their work is top notch but the personal care and attention is equally great. Thanks guys.

Equus Leather

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Shout out for Equus customer service, plus a story. I'm on a number of group buy emails / groups and recently one offered a belt in a color / style that I should probably get at some point. Seriously great price for decent quality. But I decided not to get it. When I needed to have some belts shortened, Equus took care of me. When I had a totally self inflicted issue with a watch strap, Equus took care of me. The quality of their work is top notch but the personal care and attention is equally great. Thanks guys.

Thank you both for the kind words and the loyalty, both very much appreciated. Im really pleased we've been able to help - we absolutely always try to, be it for SFites or Joe Public, we'll always do our best for you

Couple of new things coming up, one buckle related, one leather, will report back shortly! We also have a new batch of the Damascus buckles photographed and ready to go on the website in the next couple of day

Charlie

Jeebus

Reaction score
It does look great!!

Am I crazy because I don't see the Palladium as an option for the buckle. It's either solid brass which is currently sold out or the sterling silver.

Equus Leather

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

It does look great!!

Am I crazy because I don't see the Palladium as an option for the buckle. It's either solid brass which is currently sold out or the sterling silver.

Its in the Buckle Finish dropdown for the Mayfairs. Sorry - Id forgotten the buckles where out of stock at the moment. Hopefully back in stock at the start of Feb

We have two seperate routes for buckle finishes. Some of our buckles - those within the Parisian collection basically - we're able to have Palladium finished to a standard we find acceptable at the buckle makers, so we stock and offer them in both Brass and Palladium finished Brass. Where we dont have that option (ie we are sourcing the buckles from a maker in the UK and they dont have the facilities to finish the buckles as well as we can) we repolish the buckles and have the finishes done individually here in the UK, so we can make sure the standard of finishing is right. If thats the case you'll find all of the finishing options available in the Buckle Finish drop down when you choose a brass buckle, so you can take a Brass (or Sterling Silver) Mayfair (for eg), or nearly any of the other buckles and have it Palladium, Gold, Rose Gold or Ruthenium finished. The website tries to reflect our workflow, as much as possible

Hope thats some help!

Charlie

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 97 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads