• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Equus Leather - English Handstitched Bridle Leather Belts - Official Affiliate and Review Thread

Equus Leather

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
A few photos again. This is from a batch of Barenia wallets made over the last few days

In progress - the inner panel being constructed and stitched

Done!

Another old and new Barenia photo, just because I love old barenia

Charlie

Equus Leather

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Great looking strap, Charlie! Are you looking to offer these in the near future?

Medium term yes - I think we've found a decent UK source but we need to work out how the CITES stuff will work for you guys in the US as well as do a bit more development and check the relaibility of our source. They supply Crocket and Jones so should be OK! Certainly somthing we want to get up and running though. I also have some Ostrich Leg coming from South Africa that has a great texture for straps

Charlie

Equus Leather

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Quick photo from this morning. This is our Oak Brown oak bark tanned leather from J & F J Bakers prepared and thinned down to the weight we use for our small leathergoods. This piece is going to become a wallet in due course. Its a beautiful leather, I love its patinae

Charlie

Mr. Six

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
On the weekends, I'm more of a SWD guy, than CM. I've been in the market for a bit for a new belt and decided to go with a Rentetsu buckle combined with black bridle leather and mouse grey lin cable. I received the final product today. Here are a couple of pics.

Thanks for a great new belt, Charlie!

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
On the weekends, I'm more of a SWD guy, than CM. I've been in the market for a bit for a new belt and decided to go with a Rentetsu buckle combined with black bridle leather and mouse grey lin cable. I received the final product today. Here are a couple of pics.

Thanks for a great new belt, Charlie!
I was just about to get the oak for mine, but now... I am unsure. Why do you this to me?

AuburnM5

Reaction score
I have ordered 4 belts over the last couple of days. I can't wait to get them. :slayer:I haven't bought a new leather belt in about 5 years. I ended up getting:

The Bakers London Tan Bridle Leather Belt with royal blue thread with a polished brass buckle
The West End Roller Bridle Leather Belt in Hazel with lichen thread with a satin stainless steel buckle
The Bakers Oak Brown Bridle Leather Belt matched to leather thread with a polished nickle buckle
The West End Roller Bridle Leather Belt in Oxford Tan with brown thread with a polished stainless steel buckle

Equus Leather

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

On the weekends, I'm more of a SWD guy, than CM. I've been in the market for a bit for a new belt and decided to go with a Rentetsu buckle combined with black bridle leather and mouse grey lin cable. I received the final product today. Here are a couple of pics. Thanks for a great new belt, Charlie!
Great photos, thank you for posting them and Im glad you like the belt :) I love the twist in the grain of that buckle, really interesting texture Charlie

Equus Leather

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

I have ordered 4 belts over the last couple of days. I can't wait to get them. :slayer:I haven't bought a new leather belt in about 5 years. I ended up getting:

The Bakers London Tan Bridle Leather Belt with royal blue thread with a polished brass buckle
The West End Roller Bridle Leather Belt in Hazel with lichen thread with a satin stainless steel buckle
The Bakers Oak Brown Bridle Leather Belt matched to leather thread with a polished nickle buckle
The West End Roller Bridle Leather Belt in Oxford Tan with brown thread with a polished stainless steel buckle

:) Many thanks!

Charlie

Mr. Six

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quote: I was just about to get the oak for mine, but now... I am unsure. Why do you this to me?

Oak would be pretty awesome too. But sometime the 15 year old punk tells me to pick black, and I listen. I do think that it works great with the dull grey of the buckle.

Quote:
Great photos, thank you for posting them and Im glad you like the belt :)

I love the twist in the grain of that buckle, really interesting texture

Charlie

I'm so impressed with the buckle in person. I was glad that I was able to grab that one when the new batch came in. The twist around the right corner caught my eye immediately and the texture overall is like wood grain.

Equus Leather

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

We had a good day out in London yesterday. Its London Craft Week this week as some of you will know, which a lot of the luxury goods companies and artisans working in the industry are heavily involved with (same idea as London Fashion Week). As part of the week the Heritage Craft Association had their annual Conference and we were shortlisted for and won the Made in Britain award which is specifically for companies who make their work by hand and make their output here in the UK rather than buying in finished goods or outsourcing the making. Given the work we put in and the occasionally pain we've gone through to stick to our creative values a national award for it is something I'm delighted about.

The reason Im blowing our own trumpet and telling you all about it is so I can say thank you guys at SF for the support you've given us over the years, you've helped us grow, to keep developing our work and skills and to reach a worldwide audience of people who get what and why we do it the way we do. Thank you! As a reminder there is a permanent coupon for SF members - SF10% will get you 10% your entire cart however large or small, no expiry date. We appreciate the business you guys have given us over the years :)

Now, in other news we have some lovely Ostrich samples just arrived from South Africa. The photo don't really do the colours justice, but a quick snap of some leg skins for watch straps. I plan to buy a Cognac coloured skin for wallets as well as a few more shade for straps. As ever photos will follow

A few photos from yesterday

Charlie

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads