• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Equus Leather - English Handstitched Bridle Leather Belts - Official Affiliate and Review Thread

Equus Leather

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

We've just received a little shipment of the 1 5/8" Rentetsu buckles from Japan after a 4 month wait. After the buckles that were already reserved we have 3 remaining, so get them while you can! They are on the website and the stock levels of the buckles are up to date. We also have 6 of the 1 1/4" buckles.

http://www.equusleather.co.uk/belts/special-edition-belts/the-rentetsu-belt.html

The 1 5/8" version

The 1 1/4" version

Charlie

Equus Leather

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
We're quite often asked about what goes in to making our products, in particular things like our Lined and Raised, watch straps etc so I took a quick photograph this afternoon on the basis a picture is worth a thousands words. This is my work bench along with a Lined and Raised belt thats just been completed. All the tools in view on the bench are used in the making process, a total of 40 if Im counting correctly. Its an interesting collection of tools, some old, the new tools are mostly designs that are pre 1900 at the latest, only one electric tool which is really just an electronically heated version of a 19th century equivalent! At some stage I'll number and produce a key for the picture to name all the tools

For those who don't know our Lined and Raised belts heres a link. Its our take on the modern stitched belt, but made to last and fully hand stitched - around 1000 stitches all by hand. Its one of the most labour intensive thong we make, but everything from key fob upwards is made in the same way.

Charlie

Equus Leather

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

That's a nice looking belt. I am looking forward to mine!!

Yours of course will have a rather special buckle as well!

The raised profile of the L&Rs brings the leather to life. You get the same effect with the watch straps as well, the light works differently with the curves and adds an extra dimension to the leather. Its one of the reasons its such a rewarding material to work with.

Charlie

Equus Leather

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

I am wondering what is going to be the thickness of watch straps... I woul be really interested in one, but it has to be quite thin to work with the watch...

Very much depends on what you want and what leather you pick. Taking this bridle leather strap in a recent photo as an e.g., we thin the leather the strap is made from down to around 1mm or a fraction more, so the edges are about 2mm throughout. For the end of the strap at the watch the middle is raised, its around 3 1/4mm in the centre, but this raising tapers down to nothing around the holes to make the strap easier to bend so the point end is around 2mm thick. Some of the photos from the website are either older or of custom straps for hefty autos - our straps all have substance but they don't have to be hefty at all

Thats just the default set of options though - we can happily modify nearly all of that however you like. If you drop me a PM with what you'd like to achieve if we can help achieve it we will

Charlie

Equus Leather

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Yours of course will have a rather special buckle as well!

The raised profile of the L&Rs brings the leather to life. You get the same effect with the watch straps as well, the light works differently with the curves and adds an extra dimension to the leather. Its one of the reasons its such a rewarding material to work with.

Charlie

Just to illustrate this I took a quick photo of the same belt in the photo above. This is 100% unedited, straight off the camera quick snapshot rather than anything more creative, I wanted to show the profile of the belt and the different lights and textures the stitching and raising creates. Its subtle but I think brings the leather to life.

Charlie

jrb666

Reaction score
Mine's at Heathrow, according to DHL.

Arrives in Sydney on Monday.

It's not often I say I can't wait for the weekend to be over...

Equus Leather

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Hi Guys,

We've just received a little shipment of the 1 5/8" Rentetsu buckles from Japan after a 4 month wait. After the buckles that were already reserved we have 3 remaining, so get them while you can! They are on the website and the stock levels of the buckles are up to date. We also have 6 of the 1 1/4" buckles.

http://www.equusleather.co.uk/belts/special-edition-belts/the-rentetsu-belt.html

The 1 5/8" version

The 1 1/4" version

Charlie

Hi All,

These are the specific buckles we still have available. I want to be able to list each unique buckle for the Special Editions on the website but haven't worked out how best to do it yet. In the meantime I thought this might help show exactly the buckles we have - if we're going to do unique then allowing people to pick their personal buckle seems sensible. We'll try and do the same with the Damascus as well.

Charlie

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

These are the specific buckles we still have available. I want to be able to list each unique buckle for the Special Editions on the website but haven't worked out how best to do it yet. In the meantime I thought this might help show exactly the buckles we have - if we're going to do unique then allowing people to pick their personal buckle seems sensible. We'll try and do the same with the Damascus as well.

Charlie

Awesome - I can't wait to see what options I have.

Last edited:

Equus Leather

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I cant work out how to have the buckles available as a photographic choice with stock control on the website at the moment so if you want one shout! One of them is sold already with its owner still to make a choice as to which one they want - I think they'll all go fairly quickly. As ever I won't get one! I had to commission a Damascus especially for me in the end just to get one :)

Charlie

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
#2 please.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads