• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

K. Nights

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Epaulet does "loden" cavalry twill have a green cast to it or is it more of a taupe? On my screen it doesn't look green at all.

Also, any idea when/if Hertling will be back in action?

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@Epaulet does "loden" cavalry twill have a green cast to it or is it more of a taupe? On my screen it doesn't look green at all.

Also, any idea when/if Hertling will be back in action?

It's a subtle loden tone for sure. This is a pic of some older Eidos trousers, I'm pretty sure that it's the exact same fabric and color:

CAVALRY-TWILL-SAL-TROUSERS-20171013023257.jpg

Regarding Hertling, I'm just focused right now on getting in and shipping our backorders. I think that it's very possible that we can offer things with them in the future, but I honestly can't say.

When we do Hertling promos, our best customers are usually the first guys to order. They understand that s*** happens, but I don't want to repeatedly frustrate them with late deliveries, so I'm very focused on delivering stuff when promised - as much as I can. Anything that we do after this will be much smaller scale and we'll look to really ensure that things are made and shipped in a timely fashion.

With Southwick... our promo fabrics can be slow, but these in-season goods (Cav Twill, Harris Tweed, Cashmere, etc) are a pretty reliable 3-4 weeks to make and ship. And everything ships direct from the factory, so East Coast customers get it really fast. Their pricing is higher than Hertling for sure, but their fabric selection is really second to none and the quality is great.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Rivet Chinos & Moleskin

Quick update: Our Rivet Chino preorders in Static Grape, Infantry Khaki, and Navy Moleskin are shipping today.

Bomber Jacket in Navy Moleskin ships next week.

And the Doyle Jacket in Navy Moleskin is about 10 days out. It’s getting sewn alongside the Styleforum Sashiko units

NycLondon

Reaction score
That's sad to read. I have been checking the site for months waiting for the return of brown sport trainers...
I found no equivalent elsewhere.
They ain't gonna make any more, we need to get over it. I live in their trainers. If they had told me this would happen I would have bought 10 pairs.

esoxm

Reaction score
Just got my shipping notification on moleskin rivets - so pumped. Wore my heavy black jungle pants today for the first time this fall and remembered how much I love moleskin and had ordered the rivets

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Quick heads up on Chainstitch shirts guys... we were expecting buttons last Fri but they were lost in transit and a replacement batch came in yesterday.

the shirts are totally sewn, they just need a day or two for the buttons and finishing. So all of the preorders and stock orders will ship Wed at the latest

Doktor Corn

Reaction score
It's a subtle loden tone for sure. This is a pic of some older Eidos trousers, I'm pretty sure that it's the exact same fabric and color:

View attachment 1265971

Regarding Hertling, I'm just focused right now on getting in and shipping our backorders. I think that it's very possible that we can offer things with them in the future, but I honestly can't say.

When we do Hertling promos, our best customers are usually the first guys to order. They understand that s*** happens, but I don't want to repeatedly frustrate them with late deliveries, so I'm very focused on delivering stuff when promised - as much as I can. Anything that we do after this will be much smaller scale and we'll look to really ensure that things are made and shipped in a timely fashion.

With Southwick... our promo fabrics can be slow, but these in-season goods (Cav Twill, Harris Tweed, Cashmere, etc) are a pretty reliable 3-4 weeks to make and ship. And everything ships direct from the factory, so East Coast customers get it really fast. Their pricing is higher than Hertling for sure, but their fabric selection is really second to none and the quality is great.

I have one pair of Southwick promo pants that aren't just slow, they're still pending from March. Another non-promo, full-retail pair from the end of May and one from August 1st are also still pending. Granted, I did ask for a wider opening on some of these, but I've never seen a delay that long from Southwick. I've tried emailing about this and got no answer.

trig

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey Mike, did the parkas ship out? Tracking never updated past pre-shipment stage since Monday.

Louys

Reaction score
Hey Mike, are there any plans to bring the Kamigata back? I'm hoping yes, but guessing no...

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I have one pair of Southwick promo pants that aren't just slow, they're still pending from March. Another non-promo, full-retail pair from the end of May and one from August 1st are also still pending. Granted, I did ask for a wider opening on some of these, but I've never seen a delay that long from Southwick. I've tried emailing about this and got no answer.

Whoa, that sounds really bad... let me collect all the info on my side and get back to you via PM today. I'm so sorry for all of the delays.

Hey Mike, did the parkas ship out? Tracking never updated past pre-shipment stage since Monday.

Same with mine

Sorry guys, we had a button delay with some of the parkas and most of the chainstitch shirts. Our corozo nut buttons come from out of state and were pending delivery last Monday. The box was lost in transit, and we only got a replacement stock on Friday. The garments were totally sewn out at the factory.

So, all of the parkas that had labels generated shipped today, and we should have all of the orders filled on those.

The shirt buttons are more complex so I expect to have all of the Chainstitch shirts (preorders and stock) shipped out by Wed morning. Sorry about the delays with that.

I got my parka Thursday (east coast, ordered last Saturday) and it’s instantly
my favorite jacket. Roomy, super comfortable, and easily crosses
over from biz casual to street wear. Can’t recommend enough.

Awesome, that's so great to hear!

Hey Mike, are there any plans to bring the Kamigata back? I'm hoping yes, but guessing no...

So, I honestly have no plans to ever stock the Kamigata again. But I tell ya.. the pattern is still totally at the factory.

I'd have to print out a special marker, but I could do the Kamigata on demand in any of these four denim colors for $285

And if you order more than one, I could do them for $265 each.

Anyone who's interested can drop me a PM.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads