• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

suuteebird

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
4C49C658-31AA-47A8-8E30-D1FAABCFD080.jpeg

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Apropos off IG last week, I felt the need to share this:

@Duke Silver haha, this is fantastic! Lot to unpack in this but first off... thanks for watching the live video enough to see the MC Serch alarm clock at the end. There's a funny story about how I got that clock, which I'll be sure to bore you with at your next fitting!

And that video is amazing. Not sure that I believe a single word that he's saying, but it's still entertaining!

@Epaulet we miss you

@RuleOfRescue miss you guys too! I caught that writeup last week, another great piece by Jon Caramanica. It's kind of fantastic that all of those old school stores still exist out there.

@Epaulet

Just listened to the SF podcast … great job!! Thanks for the shoutout and kind words! You’re the best!!! :worship:

@macjedi thank you and of course... you deserve it!

I haven't gotten pants in a few years. Are there any plans to offer RTW Wool Trousers this year? or MTO is now the only option?

@kageboshi thanks for posting, at the moment we're only doing wool dress trousers via MTO.

@Epaulet Are things up and running at the new studio? I have a couple weeks off between films and wouldn't mind stopping by if you're taking appointments again. Also, should I be concerned if I still haven't gotten my Gitman EFF shirt from a while back? Or are they all still outstanding?

@Duke Silver yes sir, we've moved to Redondo Beach, but just drop me a PM and we can set up an appointment on any M, W, or F.

Gitman shirts got super delayed in their pipeline but will be here in the next two weeks. And we have a fresh batch of swatches to present next week which are guaranteed to delivery before Christmas.

Anyone wear both the Wilhelm chinos and Rivet chinos in the same size? Last time I owned a pair of Rivet chinos was in 2012, but based on current measurements it looks like I could probably fit into the Rivet chinos in the same size (thighs are binding constraint) and was curious if anyone has and wears both.

Compared to the 2012 fit, we did relax the thighs and raise the rise a bit on the Rivets, so it's very possible that they'd work for you. We probably sell about 7 pairs of Rivets for every 3 Wilhelms, so the sizing works for the majority of our customers.

Had to grab a few more of the new ties. They look great!

@nycs10011 thank you so much, lmk what you think when you get them! We shipped out like 70 units yesterday!

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Duke Silver haha, this is fantastic! Lot to unpack in this but first off... thanks for watching the live video enough to see the MC Serch alarm clock at the end. There's a funny story about how I got that clock, which I'll be sure to bore you with at your next fitting!

And that video is amazing. Not sure that I believe a single word that he's saying, but it's still entertaining!

@RuleOfRescue miss you guys too! I caught that writeup last week, another great piece by Jon Caramanica. It's kind of fantastic that all of those old school stores still exist out there.

@macjedi thank you and of course... you deserve it!

@kageboshi thanks for posting, at the moment we're only doing wool dress trousers via MTO.

@Duke Silver yes sir, we've moved to Redondo Beach, but just drop me a PM and we can set up an appointment on any M, W, or F.

Gitman shirts got super delayed in their pipeline but will be here in the next two weeks. And we have a fresh batch of swatches to present next week which are guaranteed to delivery before Christmas.

Compared to the 2012 fit, we did relax the thighs and raise the rise a bit on the Rivets, so it's very possible that they'd work for you. We probably sell about 7 pairs of Rivets for every 3 Wilhelms, so the sizing works for the majority of our customers.

@nycs10011 thank you so much, lmk what you think when you get them! We shipped out like 70 units yesterday!
Got it, thanks. Can you tell whether this is canvas or duck based on the tag that's partially chopped off?

herzzreh

Reaction score
When are the ghost trainers going out? Anxiously waiting on my two pairs...

Sartorium

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

A looooooooot of falsifiable specifics in that story. Shouldn't be too hard to put some internet sleuths on the case.

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
'tis the season for the tweed here finally and I think I have the same one that @suuteebird posted above. In fact, I was wearing that jacket a while back when I posted the picture below. The watch under my cuff caught Mike's attention:

Speaking of Harris Tweed, my forest green tartan sportcoat from the last round of EFFs came in yesterday. Absolutely gorgeous and it fits perfectly right out of the box. I love that I've been able to zero in on my size perfectly.

92e3abcd-3e3d-4b9c-becd-68c3b128b1ed-jpeg.1071139

@Michigan Planner awesome, that looks SO good. It's great that they bought into that fabric this year, getting HT in a unique pattern is tough. Deets on the watch?

It’s a Longines Heritage 1973 with a columnwheel chronograph movement.

363bef12-2166-4fad-8ef3-c7ac776c7f31-jpeg.1071628

d0d17d1f-7652-4e89-b2e2-bdc7f77b338f-jpeg.1071629

With Mike's blessing, it's now available here as he thought the style might suit many Epaulet fans: Official Epaulet B-S-T thread

Back on the Epaulet topic...

Anyone wear both the Wilhelm chinos and Rivet chinos in the same size? Last time I owned a pair of Rivet chinos was in 2012, but based on current measurements it looks like I could probably fit into the Rivet chinos in the same size (thighs are binding constraint) and was curious if anyone has and wears both.

I moved on to the Wilhelm specifically for the extra space in the thighs but took the same size as my Rivets and that sizing method worked out perfectly for me.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads