• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Akeem

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Seems like there's a wrist shot/epaulet run of posts. Epaulet sport trainers on feet today. I should've bought more of these trainers before they stopped making them.

2BMH0oH.jpg

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hey guys... I'll be on IG Live with Sarah at about 2PM PST (5PM EST)... feel free to ask any questions or whatnot. Gonna show off the Madras Swatches and the Ghost Horsehide Sneakers.

@Epaulet OMG just got those hertlings... Bah Gawd! I'm sorely tempted to leave them as proper trousers. These are some serious go-to-hell vibes.

@CharlieAngel all of us were totally drooling over them when they arrived, you seriously got the boss-est pants this round!

@Epaulet You didn’t have any Wilhelm jeans on hand the last time I was in to try on. If I take a 35 in the Rudy and then have the waste taken in a bit and a 34!in the Sandown, which size would I be in Wilhelm?

@Duke Silver Should be a 34 in them, particularly the denim ones. They'll stretch more than the Duck Canvas. Can't recommend that flecked denim enough, it's awesome!

@Epaulet any chance the fairfax pants get released in the next 2 weeks? I’ll be in the US in the first week of April for a few days and would rather buy them while I'm still stateside.

@jm22 ah sadly no, going to be the middle to end of the month. Unless you're a size 34, that's what we made the tradeshow samples in, and I can offer you a few different fabrics in that.

wore EZs and EP oxfords for a talk i gave at a college. i cuffed em!

View attachment 1145562

@apolloali looks awesome! I dig them with the shoes. What was your talk about?

Any word on the patchwork pieces? I didn't see any replies, but might have missed a post.

@Alarcon finishing up very soon, we have everything going to dye end of this week.

Seems like there's a wrist shot/epaulet run of posts. Epaulet sport trainers on feet today. I should've bought more of these trainers before they stopped making them.

2BMH0oH.jpg

@Akeem looks great! We moved a lot of Ghost Horsehide in the Sport Trainer, but I've still got units in every size except 11. Check it out here.

jah786

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
True story - when we did our donegal sweater preorder last fall, we bought yarn to cover the preorders and then some extra for returns, exchanges, and spur of the moment orders. well...one of the knitters at the factory decided to take our yarn do a size run knit test on a style (sweater vest) that had only two preorders (both of which were the same size) and use up all the yarn (grey) in a color that we never offered in that style! That guy has since been fired (lol, sort of). It's not all bad...the end result is actually pretty dope. the sweater is damn soft and comfy and has really really nice pockets for your hands. [they need to go somewhere]. AND...I'm offering them for a song. we have one of each size, because that's what the clown that used up our yarn decided we needed. Why am i sharing this? because i need to find a home for these sweaters and my good friend Mike will snort some his daily Starbucks through his nose when he laughs as he reads this because he has had his fair share of factory F-Ups
use code EXTRA30 and take an extra 30% off [GOOD ON ANY OF SALE ITEMS FYI]. that makes the thing $225. It's got about a Benjamin of Italian yarn in it. I know the folks who read this thread like a good donegal sweater as Mike has been pulling magic from the hand knitters of Prince Edward Island for years, so here it is:
https://www.americantrench.com/coll...-sweater-vest-in-cashmere-blend-donegal-tweed
grey sweater vest flat.jpg

apolloali

Reaction score
@apolloali looks awesome! I dig them with the shoes. What was your talk about?

Basically about making religious spaces more inclusive on a racial, gender, and sexuality level.

Also, Mike, the shoes are from this amazingboutique shoe-maker I saw in a few places in Mexico City called Caballeria. They had an amazing store I think you'd dig and I really want them to bring the shoes to America cause the shipping is exorbitant. The shoes are really light, the silhouette is sharp, and the sole is great. (https://www.casacaballeria.com/)

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Those are awesome @CanadaCal! How long ago were those offered? I love that the speck pattern seems to be overlaid on top of a regular ole herringbone.

CanadaCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those are awesome @CanadaCal! How long ago were those offered? I love that the speck pattern seems to be overlaid on top of a regular ole herringbone.

Thanks. Maybe 2-3 years ago? They were from the Rivet EFF when they first introduced the cargo pocket. I remember Sam having a pair of these with pockets

Patrick R

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I mark important moments in time with watches; graduations, weddings, birth of children, etc. Today’s watch is my wedding gift from my wife. It’s an Air-King (114200) from the year we got married (2009).

I am reasonably small wristed and prefer a smaller, more classic dial. At first I thought I would prefer one of the mid-sized watches in the Rolex lineup (Sub, GMT, Milgauss, etc.), but when I found this specific watch with its 34mm dial, I was all in.

View attachment 1144027

Tomorrow will be the watch I bought celebrating my youngest’s birth.

I didn’t get a picture until tonight, but this is the Nomos Orion I bought to celebrate my youngest’s birth a few years back. I love this watch.

88294E52-7954-4BAC-A067-807039E9AFB8.jpeg

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had a Nomos Ahoi Atlantik when it was first released but ended up quickly flipping it. It was an absolutely beautiful watch but it sat so flatly on my wrist and the lugs were just so flat and straight that it was the most uncomfortable watch I had ever worn. I wish there was somewhere nearby me where I could try them on in the flesh though because I really like some of the Orion and Club models that are a little smaller than the Ahoi and have more of a curve to the lugs.

M635Guy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's a full-on comfort day - EP walnut donegal blazer and moleskin Walts along with an OG Brooks OBCD and Alden snuff chukkas (aka all-purpose slippers). Jeans and my most comfortable sweatshirt aren't better than this...
xWjTTAN.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads