• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Alarcon

Reaction score
@Alarcon our new Capri collar shirts from Portugal will be a plain back design (no darts or box pleat) and our Individualized shirts can be made that way as well.[/QUOTE]

Excellent! I remember seeing a photo a while back of those capri collar shirts. They look great.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Natural horsehide trainers aging nicely

@Don L they're looking great!

@Alarcon our new Capri collar shirts from Portugal will be a plain back design (no darts or box pleat) and our Individualized shirts can be made that way as well.

Excellent! I remember seeing a photo a while back of those capri collar shirts. They look great.[/QUOTE]

@Alarcon yeah I'm jazzed for them. They're similar to the Capri collar models from G Inglese... made with a buttondown and MOP buttons. I think that we'll have them out at $135... provided the USD stops falling against the Euro so quickly.

dalevy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey Mike, do you do polos in pique fabrics or do you have plans to do that? With Individualized so I can get my custom size?

@Don L they're looking great!

Excellent! I remember seeing a photo a while back of those capri collar shirts. They look great.

@Alarcon yeah I'm jazzed for them. They're similar to the Capri collar models from G Inglese... made with a buttondown and MOP buttons. I think that we'll have them out at $135... provided the USD stops falling against the Euro so quickly.[/QUOTE]

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
That Indigo Sashiko was too cool not to pick up.

Oh its definitely your style dude! @Nik Telford

@Epaulet, what collar do you recommend for the cotton/rayon hibiscus?

@DapperDan08 oh man you're gonna love that fabric. I'd go camp or the full buttondown

Hey Mike, do you do polos in pique fabrics or do you have plans to do that? With Individualized so I can get my custom size?

@dalevy factories are generally set up to either do wovens or knits. Individualized wouldn't be able to make a polo or a knit shirt with their current setup.
I'd like to do polos, but honestly, I probably won't. The polo and sportcoat thing is happening around the SF world, but I think that most guys still see polos as unexciting and something that they'll only buy for cheap. I'd say that Kent Wang does a nice job for the price. If we do any knits, it would be henleys

Nik Telford

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gonna have to agree with @Epaulet I really dig the polo and sportcoat look but I just bought 3 from Luxire and I doubt I would ever really buy more. I can see the utility of 50 something of the same button down but not so much for polos.

applky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mike, very intrigued by the Sashiko. What's the weight and breathability like? Wondering if I could wear it in summer (with the understanding that delivery is unlikely for this summer, of course), and if it's on the lighter side.

Burzan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sneaker Sunday

2017-08-13 07.11.41_edited.jpg

CanadaCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Kyber EZ Pants arrived and they are kick ass. Off to tailor tomorrow, and adding more when we have the chance!

And I seriously fucked up not owning Kyber cloth sooner... Next summer I'm getting a few pair, **** is dreamy light and luxe without being too delicate or flimsy.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Mike @Epaulet as for sleeve length is the Gitman XXL similar to my sleeve length in Individualized?

@SherifEnt yup, the sleeve length is very similar

@Epaulet cant remember if this has been asked before but is the Teba machine washable?

@Nik Telford officially it's dry clean only, but this is a cotton jacket, so the fabric is going to be fine with a wash. What you need to do is protect the canvassing from too much stress. So I'd suggest doing this:

"To machine wash, turn your garments inside out and slip them into a mesh bag designed to hold delicates during a wash. Machine wash cold with a mild detergent, using the gentlest cycle available. Snatch your garments from the machine as soon as the cycle ends, and lay them out flat to dry."

It's important to avoid any strong tumbling or agitating in the machine. And of course, never ever put this into the dryer.

Couple things to consider after this:

1) You're going to get quite a bit of contraction after this first wash, so be prepared to steam it out at minimum, and iron or press it out at maximum to get it back to it's proper size.

2) It may lose a bit of body & sleeve length permanently, probably about 1/2 to 3/4 of an inch, so don't do this if it will be way to short after that change. It may be less than that, but any cotton certainly can shrink in its length.

Mike, very intrigued by the Sashiko. What's the weight and breathability like? Wondering if I could wear it in summer (with the understanding that delivery is unlikely for this summer, of course), and if it's on the lighter side.

Sneaker Sunday

@Burzan looking great.. they're still going strong!

Kyber EZ Pants arrived and they are kick ass. Off to tailor tomorrow, and adding more when we have the chance!

And I seriously fucked up not owning Kyber cloth sooner... Next summer I'm getting a few pair, **** is dreamy light and luxe without being too delicate or flimsy.

@CanadaCal excellent, so glad that you're pleased with them. We're confirmed on the EZ Pant as an MTO option for all fabrics going forward, I just have to figure out what the upcharge will be given the additional labor. But you guys can totally do a flannel or tweed or corduroy EZ pant, which will be super rad.

laughter95

Reaction score
Dammit, I'm no match for your marketing. I was really trying to resist this EFF round. This is how it went for me:
1. Newsletter
2. Website
3. IG live
4. StyleForum
5. IG post
6. SF post indicating 20 units remaining = Bought.
:imdead:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads