• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just got my first batch of Individualized shirts and I wanted to give some kudos to the @Epaulet crew for the customer service. I had always really liked a lot of the fabrics that were offered but was apprehensive to give them a try. I've never been able to get a good fit in the OTR Epaulet shirts and am not near NYC or LA to get fitted but Mike and Adele were able to get me a perfect fit based on some pictures of me in another one of their shirts.

Great work and I'm sure these won't be my last shirts from the Individualized program!

asewonder

Reaction score
Just received the Olive Military Twill - Taylor trousers from the amazing NYC closing sale. Anyone have input on shrinkage with a cold wash/hang dry? Trying to figure out if I should wash before hemming or just stick to dry cleaning.

Speaking of hemming, any opinions on cuffs or plain hem on these? I've been going with cuffs on 90% of my trousers lately, but not sure on these ones.

CLTesquire

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't suppose anyone has received any orders for REDA hopsack trousers from the March Hertling promo right?

nycxandy

Reaction score

California Business to Open Next Monday

Hey guys, This coming Monday the 17th will be the full transfer of all operations from NY to California. As California will become our distribution point, we will be collecting and remitting sales tax as of that day. If you live in State and you want something made-to-order (shirts, pants, or those awesome Drago suiting fabrics), you'll want to order by Sunday to avoid that tax being levied.
So no more sales tax for NY residents? :)

Doktor Corn

Reaction score
I finally got home to see my last Hertling MTO order and bring it to the tailor and I'm particularly impressed by the pale stone Khyber cotton. I've been looking for a while for a pair of cream/off-white pants for the summer and these work perfectly. I had considered ordering the ivory(?) option by request but there was definitely no need to go lighter IMO. I'm hoping there will be a thicker cloth in a similar color available for next Fall.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I finally got home to see my last Hertling MTO order and bring it to the tailor and I'm particularly impressed by the pale stone Khyber cotton. I've been looking for a while for a pair of cream/off-white pants for the summer and these work perfectly. I had considered ordering the ivory(?) option by request but there was definitely no need to go lighter IMO. I'm hoping there will be a thicker cloth in a similar color available for next Fall.

@Doktor Corn oh awesome, I love that color too! It's pretty perfect IMO, and I agree, it's light enough to give that white pant style without going all the way. In terms of a thicker cloth.. I'd be skeptical of that from Hertling, it's just so specific. But I wouldn't be surprised if Southwick has that, and we can do all of our trouser fits with them.

So no more sales tax for NY residents?
smile.gif

Really soon @nycxandy ... just need our lawyer to hash out the final closing details. As it stands now, we're planning to stop collecting NY Sales tax on Monday.. same day that we start collecting CA.

I don't suppose anyone has received any orders for REDA hopsack trousers from the March Hertling promo right?

@CLTesquire got three more boxes of Hertling in today, so they're most likely in there. We'll be attacking this and trying to get everything shipped out by Monday.

Just received the Olive Military Twill - Taylor trousers from the amazing NYC closing sale. Anyone have input on shrinkage with a cold wash/hang dry? Trying to figure out if I should wash before hemming or just stick to dry cleaning.

Speaking of hemming, any opinions on cuffs or plain hem on these? I've been going with cuffs on 90% of my trousers lately, but not sure on these ones.

@asewonder awesome, glad that you're pleased with them! They Taylor is pre-washed, so you shouldn't worry about much shrinkage. That said:

1) Cotton pants that you're going to wash and wear will always have the phenomenon of contracting after a wash and growing between them. Like jeans. So if you do hem them, I'd advise doing it with some break at the bottom. Unless you're comfortable with them looking a bit too short right after a wash.

2) These were cold washed and hung out. If you intend to wash them in warm water or dry them with low heat, then you can... but you may get more length shrinkage. I'd run it through your preferred wash once before hemming then. And then hem it straight out of the dryer without wearing them.

I just got my first batch of Individualized shirts and I wanted to give some kudos to the @Epaulet crew for the customer service. I had always really liked a lot of the fabrics that were offered but was apprehensive to give them a try. I've never been able to get a good fit in the OTR Epaulet shirts and am not near NYC or LA to get fitted but Mike and Adele were able to get me a perfect fit based on some pictures of me in another one of their shirts.

Great work and I'm sure these won't be my last shirts from the Individualized program!

@Michigan Planner that's so great to hear! You were actually our test case for the home try-on program. I'm so glad that it worked out. We're really excited to roll that out and allow a bunch of people to get competently sized at home.

While we have Mike's ear, I'm also following up for a friend on the Saffiano pre-order and an ETA on those shipments.

@El Argentino same time frame as before, May-June. For anyone jonesing.. we should be getting about 75 units of all-white Tennis Trainers in about two weeks. Once they're loaded on the plane and I have the sizing manifest, I'll put up a pre-buy item here and on Reddit. You can pay for a unit up front if you want. It's not final sale or anything, but will allow you to get a jump on the incoming delivery before anyone else. I never seem to order or stock enough of those.

Mike's guidance is spot on as always, but if you're looking for something more refined, as you say, that is dressier, more expensive, and lighter weight, the Khyber Cloth in Khaki and the REDA Super 130s Sunset Wool Hopsack are still in stock and are amazing. I'd wear these maybe 10 months of the year, so if you already have heavyweight trousers for the cold months and are looking for something luxe, these options could make sense. But if you do need a khaki trouser to work for absolutely every month of the year, then I'd go with the English Drill as Mike says.

Also is your username a baseball reference?

Totally agreed with @applky here. The Khyber is amazing.. I only didn't recommend it because it's pretty lightweight for most places. And the REDA hopsack is just the greatest dressy wool ever. Wore mine today!

duff406

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So our regional lifestyle magazine here asked me to model for their style page this issue. (And I use the term "model" loosely!) Anyway it just came out, and they used two pics from our shoot, both heavy in Epaulet gear! Albini linen delave in one pic, and the blazer, belt, trousers, and shoes are all Epaulet in the other. A Vittorio jacket and khaki Japanese cross hatch trousers. And Carmina x Epaulet natty cxl shoes from several years ago.

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just received my Southwick "Double Faced Ocean Cotton/Linen Blend" trousers and have to say that the color is pretty awesome. A tad bit brighter and more blue than the picture of the fabric online. I'll try to grab some photos of them in the natural light today or tomorrow. I am usually painfully slow in bothering to get my trousers to the tailor to get hemmed but these will be going first thing Monday morning as I cannot wait to wear them this spring now that it appears we've got some nice weather in the forecast.

As much as I like linen trousers, I always find the cotton/linen blends to be so much more forgiving in terms of both wrinkles and comfort.

Funcheese

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@asewonder I always cuff my Taylors, sometimes my walts. The military twill is a tough fabric that I don't believe needs to be dry-cleaned. Cold-water wash and hang-dry for these has done me well. The shrinkage factor is 1/2-inch at most when cold-water washed.

Last edited:

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can I just say that I'm totally in love with my new MTM Dartmouth SC? I wore it last night totally inappropriately (polo and jeans) and today slightly more so just because I've not had a blazer for this well since before I discovered beer.

Thanks so much Mike and Adele for all the back and forth communication to get it dialed in!

Last edited:

bry2000

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

@asewonder
I always cuff my Taylors, sometimes my walts. The military twill is a tough fabric that I don't believe needs to be dry-cleaned. Cold-water wash and hang-dry for these has done me well. The shrinkage factor is 1/2-inch at most when cold-water washed. 

Maybe laundry is my core competency, but none of my cotton trousers from EP (or really anywhere else for that matter) has ever shrunk in length. Always warm wash, hang dry.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
So our regional lifestyle magazine here asked me to model for their style page this issue. (And I use the term "model" loosely!) Anyway it just came out, and they used two pics from our shoot, both heavy in Epaulet gear! Albini linen delave in one pic, and the blazer, belt, trousers, and shoes are all Epaulet in the other. A Vittorio jacket and khaki Japanese cross hatch trousers. And Carmina x Epaulet natty cxl shoes from several years ago.

No spolier here @duff406 ... this is awesome! Congrats on the feature, you look great!

I just received my Southwick "Double Faced Ocean Cotton/Linen Blend" trousers and have to say that the color is pretty awesome. A tad bit brighter and more blue than the picture of the fabric online. I'll try to grab some photos of them in the natural light today or tomorrow. I am usually painfully slow in bothering to get my trousers to the tailor to get hemmed but these will be going first thing Monday morning as I cannot wait to wear them this spring now that it appears we've got some nice weather in the forecast.

As much as I like linen trousers, I always find the cotton/linen blends to be so much more forgiving in terms of both wrinkles and comfort.

@Michigan Planner fantastic, so glad that you're pleased with them! That fabric was absolutely gorgeous. We need to get deeper into Southwick MTO trousers for the Fall.. they have so many great wools and tweeds that it's nuts. You'll see a big expansion of that program coming up. Can't wait to see the pics and thanks for order them.

Can I just say that I'm totally in love with my new MTM Dartmouth SC? I wore it last night totally inappropriately (polo and jeans) and today slightly more so just because I've not had a blazer for this well since before I discovered beer.

Thanks so much Mike and Adele for all the back and forth communication to get it dialed in!

@peppercorn78 thank you sir, it's our pleasure! Loving the tweed accent on those boots BTW

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 99 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 96 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.3%

Staff online

Forum statistics