• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

applky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@applky they're so good right! No idea on the stock levels - that's all in Individualized's court, but I can't imagine that they're going to blow out too soon. They moved through casual stuff pretty quickly last season, but I didn't see anything sell out in under four weeks. We'll be getting more in if you want to wait on the 5 fabric deal.

The main reason for ordering now is just turnaround. We're in a sweet spot where they can pretty much deliver in 3 weeks. So if those fabrics, or anything else is catching your eye and you want to wear it ASAP, now's the time.

And yeah, the Pompei fabrics are brilliant. Joe Blair (old school guy in the video) developed them himself, and it's apparently the first brushed botton/linen that Canclini has made. In the spirit of today's cozy #menswear, they give off a very polished vibe, but the fabric and the treatment make them really easy and comfortable. They're be great to wear in Feb as a layering piece, or in the Summer as standalone.

Thanks! And gotcha. I'll definitely want to wait until all of the S17 fabrics land to choose my five. I'll just hope the icy blue one doesn't sell out. That one's a little louder so I can imagine it sticking around longer. Love that the cotton-linen is brushed. Should be a very interesting piece. Love how Joe Blair really thinks through the details of the fabrication as well as the patterns/colorways.

The two cotton ones are really great too. That hairline electric blue windowpane really pops against the raspberry and teal grounds of both fabrics.

As long as we're talking linen blends, about those two raspberry and forest "denim" cotton-linens from Canclini that are currently in the Fall 2016 casuals item -- what's the hottest weather you'd wear them in? They seem good for summer but maybe a touch heavier than the brushed cotton-linens?

Dusty Heaters

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

After a knee down taper, these Rudy's couldn't be better.

M635Guy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
BTW, put a couple of Aldens into our sale section. We're going to discontinue these styles going forward. Great chance to grab them off price! Just scroll to the bottom of this page.
This makes me sad :( The Alden Alt Wein is a shoe I think of as an Epaulet shoe...

Wish a shell model had been in my size - would have broken my moratorium for that...

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks! And gotcha. I'll definitely want to wait until all of the S17 fabrics land to choose my five. I'll just hope the icy blue one doesn't sell out. That one's a little louder so I can imagine it sticking around longer. Love that the cotton-linen is brushed. Should be a very interesting piece. Love how Joe Blair really thinks through the details of the fabrication as well as the patterns/colorways.

The two cotton ones are really great too. That hairline electric blue windowpane really pops against the raspberry and teal grounds of both fabrics.

As long as we're talking linen blends, about those two raspberry and forest "denim" cotton-linens from Canclini that are currently in the Fall 2016 casuals item -- what's the hottest weather you'd wear them in? They seem good for summer but maybe a touch heavier than the brushed cotton-linens?

@applky yeah Joe Blair is a fabric selection beast!!

I think that those Candiani denims are totally wearable as a 4-season shirt. It was a bit strange for them to release it in November TBH. When I retire the Fall 2017 item, I'll carry that into the new Spring one.

This makes me sad :( The Alden Alt Wein is a shoe I think of as an Epaulet shoe...

Wish a shell model had been in my size - would have broken my moratorium for that...

It's great, but probably run its course. When it comes to Aldens, we're always a lot more successful with boots, so we'll only run those in the future - especially in Shell.

We should have our Color #8 Alt Wien boot in the next few weeks, so that will be a fitting replacement

Oh and unrelated plug everyone... I found one remaining leather backpack! Put it online for $150...

applky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Epaulet Terrific. Thanks for the info!

Additionally, for folks who live in snowy climates: how do you preventatively clean salt residue from your shoes? Using a rag I've tended to wipe down my shoes in the past with a solution of one part white vinegar to three parts water before washing off with a pure water and buffing, but am curious what others do, and if you do it every day.

Last edited:

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

@Epaulet
Terrific. Thanks for the info!

Additionally, for folks who live in snowy climates: how do you preventatively clean salt residue from your shoes? Using a rag I've tended to wipe down my shoes in the past with a solution of one part white vinegar to three parts water before washing off with a pure water and buffing, but am curious what others do, and if you do it every day.

I wipe off with a damp rag and then brush immediately after getting inside. Even on the subway, if necessary.

bkotsko

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Epaulet Terrific. Thanks for the info!

In addition, if you get salt stains that are set, I swear by the Saphir Hiver-Winter:
https://www.hangerproject.com/saphir-hiver-winter-salt-snow-stain-remover.html

fairlynerdy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For the guys who take Rudys (and assumably have built legs), don't you need the width in the lower leg for your calves? Or is that just an issue for me and my thunder calves :(

RuleOfRescue

Reaction score
@fairlynerdy @MrVenneri I'm somewhere between a Rudy 34 and 35. Main issue for me is the leg opening which at 8.75" for Rudy 35s is too wide for my tastes. I'm resigned to taper 35s, not sure I'll need to do so for the 34s (opening I believe is 8.5, I prefer ≈8-8.25). Without a too drastic taper it has worked fine for my beefy calves but YMMV.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads