• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Beav

Reaction score

Screw it, Mike if I'm between M and L in EPNY shirts and size 39 in Southwick you think hat overcoat will be too big? @Epaulet

I'm about the same size as you and have that coat Ina size smaller. It'll work for you with room for layers. Won't be a trim fit over just a shirt.

I love my jacket and always get complements on it. Pull the trigger.

lagsun

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Epaulet I received my EFF green university stripe today. The fit is much better for me in M than previous EP shirts I owned and eventually sold (a touch more relaxed and longer in sleeve and body). A few questions:

1. Is the green university stripe salt washed?
  2. How do the Somelos fit compared to Individualized Shirt?
  3. Any plans for linen Somelos?

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@Epaulet I received my EFF green university stripe today. The fit is much better for me in M than previous EP shirts I owned and eventually sold (a touch more relaxed and longer in sleeve and body). A few questions:
  1. Is the green university stripe salt washed?
  2. How do the Somelos fit compared to Individualized Shirt?
  3. Any plans for linen Somelos?

@lagsun

Fantastic! Glad that you're happy with it!

1) All of the EFF shirts are unwashed. Shrinkage will be minimal if you stick with cold wash / hang dry. The Salt Wash process is more about softening the fabric than shrinking it

2) Slightly different construction, but pretty much the same. If you like the M in that shirt, then starting with a M as your Individualized base is the right thing. We can do little tweaks for you on sleeve length and collar size if you want. We actually got four KILLER new swatches in today, I'll get them online this week

3) We offered linen from Albini in the last round. I'm hoping to do a 2nd EFF round by the end of the month, and that should have some Spring/Summer fabrics, in addition to whatever is remaining from this round

Nik Telford

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@lagsun

Fantastic! Glad that you're happy with it!

1) All of the EFF shirts are unwashed. Shrinkage will be minimal if you stick with cold wash / hang dry. The Salt Wash process is more about softening the fabric than shrinking it

2) Slightly different construction, but pretty much the same. If you like the M in that shirt, then starting with a M as your Individualized base is the right thing. We can do little tweaks for you on sleeve length and collar size if you want. We actually got four KILLER new swatches in today, I'll get them online this week

3) We offered linen from Albini in the last round. I'm hoping to do a 2nd EFF round by the end of the month, and that should have some Spring/Summer fabrics, in addition to whatever is remaining from this round
Will there be a MTO upcharge if we go off menu for the next somelos EFF or is it strictly what you see is what you get?

zinc2162

Reaction score
Cool, yeah that makes sense @Patrick R

Both the factory & my staff prioritized any full-price MTO orders that were placed. The discounted EFF stuff should be coming through very soon. I've actually got all three of those Walt's here in Cali. Nice choices!! The Brushed Olive Canvas is going to blow your freaking mind. I can't BELIEVE how nicely that made up
Happy to hear that the thick and cozy olive canvas turns out great. I am looking forward to receiving mine!!
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Will there be a MTO upcharge if we go off menu for the next somelos EFF or is it strictly what you see is what you get?

@Nik Telford the EFF shirts aren't open to customization - they all have to be made the same way. However, if we have some shirts that are good for a band collar or so, we can spec those details for that individual fabric. Kind of like Mahalo Haole was made up short sleeve.

But in terms of customization, we've got some new fabrics from Individualized rolling out soon. Going to be their best season yet!

Happy to hear that the thick and cozy olive canvas turns out great. I am looking forward to receiving mine!!
icon_gu_b_slayer%5B1%5D.gif

@zinc2162 oh its so good - really one of the best cottons that Hertling has ever offered! I'm ordering myself a Rudy in it.

Last edited:

kwanon

Reaction score
@Epaulet was this a Gitman fabric? I think it was called Peaches N Creme maybe? It may be my single favorite fabric, its insanely soft
Individualized: Strawberry Cream Check Flannel T98PTP circa 9/15
I have one too--also up there among my favorites.

unclesam099

Reaction score
Received my first Taylors tonight in Mocha Cord and Scarlet Cotton/Linen. The Mocha looks greenish, I was hoping for a deep brown. I'll have to see it outside.

That being said - can we special order a Taylor fit from Southwick with suiting and get the trouser without pleats? That would be about the best thing ever.

trig

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
couldn't resist and pulled the trigger on the that alden black forest boot finally

YseanY

Reaction score
Did anyone else order the EFF Albini Flecked Indigo Linen-Cotton and washed it? If I'm not mistaken, this make was pre-washed so I noticed it about 1" shorter upon receipt which was close to the short side for me but after washing in hand wash cycled, there was additional shrinkage which I did not expect. It shrunk about another 1", making it a bit too short for me.

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Individualized: [COLOR=222222]Strawberry [/COLOR][COLOR=222222]Cream[/COLOR][COLOR=222222] Check Flannel T98PTP circa 9/15[/COLOR]
[COLOR=222222]I have one too--also up there among my favorites.[/COLOR]

This has me in for more individualized. @Epaulet let's talk sizing

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 98 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads