• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Nik Telford

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Speaking of first Epaulet purchases, here are the orange-flecked brown tweeds that started it all six years ago. Idling away the minutes on the last working day of the week.

Been with EP longer than my wife :embar:

Hahaha same with me!

aikiman44

Reaction score
I have a somewhat wide forefoot and the Sport Trainer fits well in my regular size.
I received my Gun Metals and they're fantastic.

bkotsko

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How do you guys size your sport trainers? Thanks

Same size as your regular shoe.
@aikiman44
That's a terrible answer. What regular shoe?

@jvc44
Mike suggests going with your Brannock size. (TTS, True To Size)
I am an 8E (Brannock) so I have 8.5 and they fit fine.
Width on the two are similar. (not identical)
If you were to have other shoes/lasts to reference, many folks can give you additional comments.

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
@jvc44

Similar experience to bkotsko. I am 11 D/E Brannock, 11D Alden Barrie, 11.5 Alden Aberdeen and I wear 11.5 in EP sneakers. I have found EP's sizing advice relative to Alden lasts very accurate. I assume it's also accurate relative to Converse Chucks (which I think they use as their sneaker reference). So if you have either of those as a reference point, that should be helpful.

unclesam099

Reaction score
I have my museum calf tennis trainers on today, first pair of Epaulet shoes that I have purchased. They look AWESOME.

I am a solid 12D in Alden Aberdeen and Hampton; 11.5D Barrie. Barrie and TruBalance are just a tad wide on me.

I got my museum calf in 12. They are slightly tight across the ball of the foot and base of my toes, though that has already loosened with wear this morning (first wear). Length is perfect. I suspect that these will be a perfect fit once the footbed compresses a bit and wears into my foot.

I hope that helps!

jvc44

Reaction score
Thanks gentlemen , I'm right on target with your info, I was just concerned reading about all the posts where the boots were too small for people. Thanks again for your help!

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just got my waffle knit remake, fantastic turnaround by Epaulet and Northern Watters to get this corrected so quickly. I ended up sizing up one from my original order because I wanted a slouchier fit and it turned out really good. I'm a fan of the derby color too, it's a bit different than most other knits out there but it's still very versatile and can go with just about anything. I'll post some pics this weekend. Also, if anyone missed out on the last round of sweaters and needs an ecru in 42...*cough* check sig *cough*

lifeinabox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I have a somewhat wide forefoot and the Sport Trainer fits well in my regular size.
I received my Gun Metals and they're fantastic.

I specifically bought the sport trainers as Mike advised they fit wider feet better and as usual his advice was spot on. I've tried the tennis trainers and they are too narrow.

Nik Telford

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just got my waffle knit remake, fantastic turnaround by Epaulet and Northern Watters to get this corrected so quickly. I ended up sizing up one from my original order because I wanted a slouchier fit and it turned out really good. I'm a fan of the derby color too, it's a bit different than most other knits out there but it's still very versatile and can go with just about anything. I'll post some pics this weekend. Also, if anyone missed out on the last round of sweaters and needs an ecru in 42...*cough* check sig *cough*
Really like mine as well, I got mine in Forest I stuck with a 40 for a bit of a slouchier fit and I agree it works well. I'm sort of still waiting on my Mocha Java though, NW apparently sent it back without a label so EP didn't know who it was for. I just told them to hold it until my next order comes in and ship it out with that. I'll probably order another Waffleknit next year, maybe in Derby or Charcoal. I really like the styling of it and how the high collar works with dress shirts. I've never owned an SNS sweater so I quite like this pattern.

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Waffle knit from Northern Watters is great. Wore my yesterday in the purple. Would definitely be in for another if the preorder comes up again. I stuck with my original size from the original shipment and I feel it's a good, trim fit. I need to post a photo and see what people think.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads