• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

scurvyfreedman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Outstanding customer service as always. As someone who missed the pre-order, I would be willing to pick up one of the returned waffle knits, depending on color availability and proper measurements. I'm sure there are others who would buy these lightly handled, returned items.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
For us Canadians, would it be easier to send it to NW directly if the fit is off or should we still send it to Manhattan? I honestly dont know what would be cheaper since shipping within Canada is pretty bonkers. But here's hoping I don't have an issue.

@Nik Telford absolutely, that won't be a problem

This is great Mike. I wait for the form to get sent, but is it possible for me to drop off the sweater at the LES shop?

@Mghart yup, no problem at all, please feel free to drop it off at your convenience

What should customers who received an email saying their waffle knit sweaters were in stock, paid the balance and then received an email a week later saying the sweater wasn't actually in stock do? It's been paid for but hasn't arrived so it's not clear if it will fit or not.

@kidamerica17 - we'll get that sorted out. I know that your sweater had backordered yarn, we'll make sure that it's made with the right dimensions. It's clear that the waffle knits are about a full size too small, so we're going to ensure that they're much more consistent with the heirlooms.

amazing CS Mike, much appreciated. Would it be possible to post out the dimensions (beyond x-large)? I vaguely remember seeing them before, but cannot seem to locate now. I'd like to compare the dimensions against some of my better fitting RRL cardigans when swapping this waffle knit out

thank you!

@kwhitelaw yup, we'll do that

Outstanding customer service as always. As someone who missed the pre-order, I would be willing to pick up one of the returned waffle knits, depending on color availability and proper measurements. I'm sure there are others who would buy these lightly handled, returned items.

@scurvyfreedman excellent! We'll figure out a way to catalog everything and offer it online

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score

@AloysiusSF
 excellent, really glad that you're pleased with it! I really love my hat too, and that color is boss. This is going to be a thing for us. 

@notwithit
 shirting EFF will be on Thursday, and yes... we have a ridiculous amount of flannels. I know what you guys like, and you won't be disappointed. This will have the best selection and the best prices of anything that we've ever done. 

For the 5-panel hats, they're a unisex style, so we've got them shot on Peter and on Stacy London. Still waiting on Stacy's pics for the official launch. But I can build them out online and put them into a private category. I'll link them here and you guys can pick on up if you dig any of them. The sand suede color is really rad. 

Awesome. Looking forward to both.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
THORPE VARSITY JACKET

Hey guys! These handsome pieces have just been restocked. We re-ran out most popular two colors: Navy/Caramel and Black/Black. If you didn't pick one up in the years past, this is a great time to do so. It's one of the best outerwear pieces that we've been able to offer.

On top of that, we've got a two-day discount of 15% off to coincide with the launch. Just enter this:
Thorpe-15%off

It's good until September 22nd, midnight EST. Using the discount does not make the item final sale, you can still return it for a refund or exchange. This code will go out with tomorrow's newsletter, so you guys saw it here first!

Oh, and we did not make size Small for this run - only Med thru XL on both colors. Here they are:

THORPE VARSITY JACKET BLACK WOOL & BLACK LEATHER: $495 ($420.75 with code)

THORPE VARSITY JACKET NAVY WOOL & CARAMEL LEATHER: $495 ($420.75 WITH CODE)

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Those Thorpes are the bomb. Don't sleep on them as they always sell out quickly and there is much regret.

I have the navy and camel colorway and get a ton of use out of it

SouthNarc

Reaction score
@Epaulet

Received the safari shirt and it's awesome! However apparently they forgot to put epaulets on it and I did tick that feature when I ordered. Is there any way to get it remade or add them? If not, not a deal breaker.

SteveH35

Reaction score
Word of caution on the Thorpe -- they're pretty short. I wear a medium in almost everything Epaulet, and definitely would have sized up to L had I tried one on.

3-pack of thermals was an instant buy for me today

justinkapur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Word of caution on the Thorpe -- they're pretty short. I wear a medium in almost everything Epaulet, and definitely would have sized up to L had I tried one on.

3-pack of thermals was an instant buy for me today

Steve what size you take in the thermals. I teeter on small and medium on most things. I'm guessing medium

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I managed to grab the Black on Black Thorpe last year and have zero regrets. That caramel calfskin against Navy looks sessy.

duff406

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Grabbed the thermal henleys soon as I saw the email too, I was just looking for some. Fortuitous timing. I went XL, which is larger than what I normally get but same as the EP shirts I have. Hope they work, sizing looks like they will. Anxious to get them, and will put them straight to use!

duff406

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey @Epaulet, did you get any extra of the kids cardigans in for stock? Did they go down to roughly 3T size?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 99 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 96 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads