• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

bradp

Reaction score

Rivets with a pair of folk Chelseas from my IG feed

eljlakers

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Finally rocking my Java seed stitch Ricets from an EFF a while back. L.O.V.E. This fabric. Would have been an unbelievable suit. Smooth like a worsted but lightweight and breathable and tons of visual texture.

Mghart

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

What's the balance payment going to be on the Northern Waters crew neck? Those are incoming soon, right?

I forget the prices of the various shapes as they we slightly different, but it should be around 150-165 or so depending on the model. I went with the waffle knit myself this time. Can't wait!

CanadaCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That seed stitch was killer, nice pickup.

Going back to mocha and snuff. I'd love a snuff trainer or tennis high with mocha accents/heel strap on the low side straps on the high. Or teak. Mmmm

Last edited:

Thefenceposts

Reaction score
I have what I believe is the same seed stitch fabric in a full suit from Brooks Bros - purchased about 5 years ago. I love it and it's easily the most versatile when used as separates of any suit I own.

You can go full Reagan with it as well and you look different enough that people take a second look, but not so different as to be the "stylish guy".

StanleyVanBuren

Thumb Raider
Reaction score
Quote:
@StanleyVanBuren haha, did you like it? Shot that story in like 6 minutes. It's an interesting new feature, and potentially pretty powerful for smaller brands like us. For now, at least, it's constraining you to shooting content direct on the phone so it can only be so professional. It's a nice way to feature new stuff.

Yeah think about how many requests you see on this thread (and probably on reddit too, I'm guessing) for "in the wild" pics because apparently people don't trust professional product shots or something, like "oh that's nice, but can I see a bad picture of it?" So this forces that kind of off-the-cuff presentation and people can trust that how this stuff looks shot on your iphone is gonna be closer to how it'll present in real life (or at least, on their iphones, which is of course what really matters). I know you've talked occasionally about increasing your social media push, and this is probably one of the best ways to do it given how easy it is to shoot these quick vids and the fact that you already have a built-in audience of all your IG followers.

The styleforum audience skews a little older (compared to say, reddit), right? But even a lot of the CM guys are getting on instagram these days, it seems.

Last edited:

espen

Reaction score
Really debating the Peached Twill Ocean Gingam in but in a popover, maybe with an artisan collar. Too much? Maybe swap out for standard button down?

Mike - any advice how the Peached Twill will wash, also, for popovers, is the pattern adjusted slightly accommodate getting into the shirt, or should I order up a size? Medium fits me well but I'd be concerned about wiggling into something with no buttons.

Nik Telford

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Really debating the Peached Twill Ocean Gingam in but in a popover, maybe with an artisan collar. Too much? Maybe swap out for standard button down?

Mike - any advice how the Peached Twill will wash, also, for popovers, is the pattern adjusted slightly accommodate getting into the shirt, or should I order up a size? Medium fits me well but I'd be concerned about wiggling into something with no buttons.
I think the artisan collar would look really good on a popover in that fabric. The artisan is pretty well suited to casual shirts and formal shirts. A button down is more standard but I think the artisan would make it a little more interesting.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Yeah think about how many requests you see on this thread (and probably on reddit too, I'm guessing) for "in the wild" pics because apparently people don't trust professional product shots or something, like "oh that's nice, but can I see a bad picture of it?" So this forces that kind of off-the-cuff presentation and people can trust that how this stuff looks shot on your iphone is gonna be closer to how it'll present in real life (or at least, on their iphones, which is of course what really matters). I know you've talked occasionally about increasing your social media push, and this is probably one of the best ways to do it given how easy it is to shoot these quick vids and the fact that you already have a built-in audience of all your IG followers.

The styleforum audience skews a little older (compared to say, reddit), right? But even a lot of the CM guys are getting on instagram these days, it seems.

@StanleyVanBuren totally agreed, and there's something really nice about forcing everyone large and small into this mobile medium. We're gonna do a lot, especially with the esteemed @EpauletSocial on board.

Stay tuned for the first contest next week! We'll try to swing one every month. This is gonna be for Individualized shirts, and the prize is a baller MTO piece.

@espen oh man, I absolutely love that idea. We did a lot of Artisan popovers. It's a great match IMO. Put "light fusing" into the comments so we can make that collar nice and soft.

Typically we'll relax the "shaping" on a popover by 1 inch. Essentially giving you an extra right at the belly. It works for the style of a popover and also helps you to get it on more easily. If you can fit our medium then you should have no problem at all. I'll just caution guys with my build - give or take - that popovers can be hard to get on. So if you still enjoy Jersey Shore-style guido lifting routines like I do, best to stick with full buttons. But if you're slim or on the slimmer side of athletic then no problemo.

I think the artisan collar would look really good on a popover in that fabric. The artisan is pretty well suited to casual shirts and formal shirts. A button down is more standard but I think the artisan would make it a little more interesting.

Yup, +1 to @Nik Telford - and if you want to go B/D, then maybe consider the New Bond to make it a bit more distinct

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've been hitting "refresh" on Frank Ocean's website so much today that it reminded me of some of those @Epaulet "Factory Finds" events where they would be posting up fabrics in here as they would be hitting the site. Thankfully, Epaulet doesn't leave me disappointed like Frank Ocean seems to be doing today. :angry:

espen

Reaction score
@StanleyVanBuren totally agreed, and there's something really nice about forcing everyone large and small into this mobile medium. We're gonna do a lot, especially with the esteemed @EpauletSocial on board.

Stay tuned for the first contest next week! We'll try to swing one every month. This is gonna be for Individualized shirts, and the prize is a baller MTO piece.

@espen oh man, I absolutely love that idea. We did a lot of Artisan popovers. It's a great match IMO. Put "light fusing" into the comments so we can make that collar nice and soft.

Typically we'll relax the "shaping" on a popover by 1 inch. Essentially giving you an extra right at the belly. It works for the style of a popover and also helps you to get it on more easily. If you can fit our medium then you should have no problem at all. I'll just caution guys with my build - give or take - that popovers can be hard to get on. So if you still enjoy Jersey Shore-style guido lifting routines like I do, best to stick with full buttons. But if you're slim or on the slimmer side of athletic then no problemo.

Yup, +1 to @Nik Telford - and if you want to go B/D, then maybe consider the New Bond to make it a bit more distinct

kwanon

Reaction score
I just ordered the W63 PoW check with medium spread collar and smoke buttons
Second opinions on the collar? I've got a ton of buttondowns/bonds so I was looking for something different.
Also, I always see people on SF waxing poetic about unlined collars. Would that make sense here?

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member