• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

OlafG

Reaction score
There will be denim shirts with a Somelo-like fit? That is, a bit dressier than the EPLA shirts?

SteveL91

Reaction score

Another happy somelos owner!  

For those that found the blue steel oxford cloth rivets small, did the next size up do the trick?  Just go mine in the the usual size.  The waist is fine but the hips and crotch are pretty tight, which makes me feel like one of the Czech brothers who cruise and swing so successfuly in tight slacks.

I went with the refund, but I'm considering trying the next size up because I really love the fabric. I'm just concerned because the fit was so small that I really don't know that only going up a size will be enough.

FLW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

@bry2000 sorry to hear that you're disappointed. They're probably going to be about 6-8 weeks late in delivery, but unfortunately this is how things go with small European factories. Or small factories in general.

When we placed the order we were given a June-July window. The factory needed more time, and there's really nothing that I can do from my side. I can't force them to make the trainers if they don't have the capacity. They're a small firm, but also the best manufacturer that I could find, so we just roll with it. Massdrop and their customers have been cool with it - ultimately everyone is getting a great pair of sneakers for a very solid price, and still well within the season to wear them. A lot of preorder items from smaller brands & manufacturers hit unexpected delays, so its probably best to factor that in to your buying decisions.

I know it sounds like a cop-out, but the same thing happens to me as a store buyer. Suede hats were supposed to arrive in July. Denim shirts should have been here along with the first Somelos delivery. **** happens with small-scale manufacturing. I always compromise with timing and delivery as long as the quality, fit, and price is what we need.

I don't think that this is a cop-out at all. Rather, it is a sensible, well articulated explanation of the issue. Two thoughts:

A) Do we need to revive the old "fast, cheap, good" platitude? I think it has been at least a week or two since I saw that chestnut posted on some #menswear website.

B) If you have a problem with delays, including the long and unpredictable variety, then maybe pre-orders are not for you. If you are going to buy an as-yet-non-existent product then you need to be prepared for delays. Anyone who has ever hired a contractor or landscaper can certainly sympathize with this. I'm not just being a jerk here, either. I tend to shy away from pre-orders because I know that I don't like delays and am better suited to buying an already-finished product.

duff406

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mostly EP today, Wilshire denim, scotch grain CXL belt, and linen delave from recent EFF.

mrpo0nani

Reaction score
Guys, I have this lightweight blue oxford from EP but I don't know what the fabric actual is.

It's like a summerweight oxford but it doesn't have the sheen of pinpoint.

Any idea what it could be? Can upload photos of the tag (which seems like an older tag) as well.

oboy_oboy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone who bought the unfinished HH Tennis Trainer ALSO own the "regular" Tennis Trainers? I have the HH ones, and they are a bit big but ultimately workable. If ordering the same again, I'd go down a hlaf size, but I also read they were fitting bigger than the standard. SO: Order same size in mainline? Or not?

Thanks for any input.

docalden2013

Reaction score

Does anyone who bought the unfinished HH Tennis Trainer ALSO own the "regular" Tennis Trainers? I have the HH ones, and they are a bit big but ultimately workable. If ordering the same again, I'd go down a hlaf size, but I also read they were fitting bigger than the standard. SO: Order same size in mainline? Or not?

Thanks for any input.

I'm the same size in tennis trainers, regardless of whether they're unfinished hh or other leather (team Loden here)

Fwiw, I also take the same size in gats (and will soon confirm whether hh gats are a parallel fit once the hh's bry2000 sold me arrive later today!!)

theclipper

Reaction score

I'm the same size in tennis trainers, regardless of whether they're unfinished hh or other leather (team Loden here)

Fwiw, I also take the same size in gats (and will soon confirm whether hh gats are a parallel fit once the hh's bry2000 sold me arrive later today!!)

So are there any sizing differences between the sport trainers and the tennis trainers? I've got a pair of sport trainers that don't fit quite right and am trying to figure out how to size the tennis trainers.

theclipper

Reaction score

Tennis trainers run narrower, IME, but otherwise the length is similar.

Thanks for the info! I've been having a weird issue with the fit on the sport trainers. The right shoe has some heel slippage, while in the left shoe it feels like the arch support is too far forward. It's strange, I've never encountered something like this. Any suggestions?

Medoc

Reaction score
So are there any sizing differences between the sport trainers and the tennis trainers? I've got a pair of sport trainers that don't fit quite right and am trying to figure out how to size the tennis trainers.

I actually just did some field testing on this because I wanted to be sure about future orders. I have the tennis trainers in size 10.5 and they fit great in the width but are just a tad long for me, by about half a size. Due to my wide feet, I could not make the size 10 tennis trainers work when I ordered a pair for a trial run. 10.5 tennis is the correct size for me in this model if I'm going to make it work and be ok with a bit of extra length (hasn't been a fit or comfort issue at all).

I recently purchased a pair of the size 10 sport trainers because I had heard they are more accommodating for wide feet. I figured the length would be perfect and the slight increase in width could work. That did not end up being the case for me. The length was indeed perfect but if there was an increase in width, it was minimal, and not enough to make a difference and allow me to order my true size in the future. Moving forward, I now know that I'm a size 10.5 in both models. I love the sneaks and the fit is good enough to where I can now order both models in the same size with confidence and not second guess size/model on preorders. Just my opinion/experience.

heldentenor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Recently joined Team Somelos. Simply put, it's the perfect oxford for me.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
novasty