• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

applky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A sweltering day the other day. Blues and earth tones:

Vittorio farmer's check SC
Gitman x EP MTO shirt
MTO Walts in tobacco cotton-linen
Carmina x EP snuff suede chukkas (not pictured)
Vanda tie and PS

For the record, there's something about this fit that doesn't sit 100% right with me. Different PS? It's very bright and everything else is relatively muted and textured.

CanadaCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Had a surprise today as EFF suit 2/2 arrived w/o shipping notification today. First time ever trying a DB suit; putting it on immediately felt more snug and "locked in" around my chest than prior experience w/ EP single-breasted stuff, so that was a change. Shoulders also felt a bit smaller.

However, I defer to the educated thread; does anything need doing on this jacket? Feel like the body could come out a bit. Is that just me being self conscious?

Dude it looks freaking fantastic on you! I would wear it a bit and see if you want it let out at all. I would try not to however.

DB's are hit or miss for me judging them as a style on most people. Some can wear it, some simply can't. Your jacket has shape, and I would try and keep that. Some people look like a box of cereal in DB's, and that right there ^^ is not the case.

But wear it and see if you are comfortable in it like Frank said.

But visually its stunning, sleeve length and all!

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

If anyone has the grey open-weave fresco or champagne POW from the latest EFF, please post pics.  Dying to see what I missed.  

Got the grey open fresco in earlier this week. Will take decent photos once home this evening.

@el argentino How does it feel while you are moving around?

Worn open, perfectly fine. When buttoned up, it's on me pretty good, especially up under my arms. The lower body flows nicely - no tugs or pulls anywhere. Having the arm opening feel so narrow is what I think is giving me pause. I think it's narrower across the back than my same-size single breasted coats - I tried to throw it on around my back the same way I normally put on a jacket and had to kind of fish to get my arm in the coat.

Dude it looks freaking fantastic on you!  I would wear it a bit and see if you want it let out at all.  I would try not to however.

DB's are hit or miss for me judging them as a style on most people.  Some can wear it, some simply can't.  Your jacket has shape, and I would try and keep that.  Some people look like a box of cereal in DB's, and that right there ^^ is not the case. 

But wear it and see if you are comfortable in it like Frank said.  

But visually its stunning, sleeve length and all! 

I'll wear it out a bit for sure. I agree that I'm not going for the early-90s flowy DB look, so maintaining the shape is definitely in my head.

I think when I said "the body could come out a bit," I moreso referred to feeling it across my back, like where a measuring tape would wrap around you under your arms for a chest measurement.

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Had a surprise today as EFF suit 2/2 arrived w/o shipping notification today. First time ever trying a DB suit; putting it on immediately felt more snug and "locked in" around my chest than prior experience w/ EP single-breasted stuff, so that was a change. Shoulders also felt a bit smaller.

However, I defer to the educated thread; does anything need doing on this jacket? Feel like the body could come out a bit. Is that just me being self conscious?

To me it looks just a tad too tight, especially higher up through the body around the 2nd button. You also seem to be standing very stiffly/unnaturally in the photo (suffering from ILS? ;)) so that could be making it look a bit tighter to my eye. If it were me, I'd have it let out just a touch. I know with a DB you run the risk of having the 1980s look where there are about three extra yards of fabric and nobody wants to see that, but a DB jacket is inherently more casual and I think this one would benefit from being loosened up a touch.

Pastor

Reaction score
I just took delivery of 2 of my EFF Southwick orders. The buffalo soldier fabric is incredible. The one issue I have is that I ordered the jacket with open patch pockets (which would look awesome) but the jacket was made with flap pockets. I'm a little disappointed but I don't guess there's anything that can be done about it now. That fabric made into an unstructured shoulder and unlined sportcoat screams for open patch pockets.

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

You also seem to be standing very stiffly/unnaturally in the photo (suffering from ILS? ;)) so that could be making it look a bit tighter to my eye...

FWIW, I'm very stiff and unnatural by nature, so...

cyclohexane

Reaction score
Dark now, so no pics*, but genius me mis-ordered a Southwick EFF jacket as a natural shoulder instead of an unconstructed, and didn't notice until it arrived and I was scratching my head at why it looked a little off. D'oh! :crazy: :butbut:

No more speed-ordering from the phone without re-reading all the details.

@Epaulet if they magically have more of the floral fabric, I'm very likely down to buy another jacket even without promo pricing. :rotflmao:

*Technically, my job involves photography, but not product photography....

Last edited:

Steel28

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

some nice items hit the sale section as well.  Picked up the LBM Vittorio navy pique sportcoat size 38, can't wait to receive it!

Of course :) Good eye too!

Just picked up the LBM in the sale section...Definitely did not need that with other finance pressures but just couldn't resist and unstructured navy.

Hope my Alden orders don't roll in anytime soon or I'm really screwed.

Damn. Add me to the list. Picked up unlined Vittorio navy pique SC as well. I can see wearing it every other day.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads