• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FLW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

@Epaulet
 Sorry to bother when you're busy w/ the move, but what do you think - would the Stone Cross-Hatch be redundant for someone that already has the Khaki or is there enough difference in the shades to justify having both?
I realize that you were asking Mike, but I figured that since orders close tonight and he may not be on here in time I would add my two cents.

I have similar fabrics in similar shades and I think that the stone is not necessarily redundant. Obviously olive or something would be more distinct, but if you want to keep it in the brown/beige family then both can very easily work. I've become a big fan of stone fabrics (including this one) because I think that they stand out a bit more than typical brown khaki. Stone makes outfits look more warm-weather oriented and I think it is slightly more dressy than brown khaki.

I think of it like this: khaki is to stone what blue OCBDs are to white. Blue and khaki go anywhere, any time, with any thing, but are very predictable. White/stone is a bit more lively and creates more of a "look," which is nice if you want to look like you put a little more thought and effort into the outfit.

cyclohexane

Reaction score
Just got some shipping notices from Southwick. Excited!

I think I still owe someone an image of how the Sherlock Holmes tweed made up from the January EFF.

BenLeaman

Reaction score
Received the first of my two Southwick EFF sport coats today, this one in Gauzy Rainbow Wool-Silk Herringbone.

This fabric is bonkers! I admit that I didn't watch the video on the material when I ordered so maybe you covered how soft this material is but it was an amazing surprise! And that light blue stripe is perfect.

Thanks to @EpauletFemme it is pretty much spot on right out of the box. Please excuse the dimly lit Miami Vice fit pic, unless maybe cutoff Dickies and sport coats is trending these days.....

Can't wait for the navy seersucker to ship also!

Also when you get a chance could one of you check for an email from me? @epaulet @epauletfemme

Last edited:

cyclohexane

Reaction score
Oh my gosh, that's beautiful. Kind of wish I had gotten that one too.

It looks kind of like a mall jacket I saw years ago as a teenager, but way better.

Duke Silver

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I realize that you were asking Mike, but I figured that since orders close tonight and he may not be on here in time I would add my two cents.

I have similar fabrics in similar shades and I think that the stone is not necessarily redundant. Obviously olive or something would be more distinct, but if you want to keep it in the brown/beige family then both can very easily work. I've become a big fan of stone fabrics (including this one) because I think that they stand out a bit more than typical brown khaki. Stone makes outfits look more warm-weather oriented and I think it is slightly more dressy than brown khaki.

I think of it like this: khaki is to stone what blue OCBDs are to white. Blue and khaki go anywhere, any time, with any thing, but are very predictable. White/stone is a bit more lively and creates more of a "look," which is nice if you want to look like you put a little more thought and effort into the outfit.

Well said - you basically backed up the rationale for why I was interested in the first place. Order placed.

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

love the whole look. trousers are a great fit as well

I agree that's a great fit. I probably wouldn't change a thing on the sportcoat based on three pics.

^ Without seeing Tricky's comment first, I was going to also write that I wouldn't change much if anything on that.  Great fit, great fabric.

I remember looking at that mocha fabric and thinking it would make a wonderful sport coat, but it's even nicer than expected! Fit looks great too.

Thanks for the feedback guys! This is going to get a ton of wear from me year-round. Unconstructed shoulders, partial lining, very light and airy fabric, and it goes with pretty much everything...greys, blues, tans, pretty much any trouser color except brown.

nycxandy

Reaction score
@Mike

Do EFF jackets, with unfinished sleeves, come with only buttons and not thread?

Last edited:

CanadaCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you are a Large in EP New England, do not sleep on that Ventura Stripe Chambray. Shirt is ****!

applky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Mike

Do EFF jackets, with unfinished sleeves, come with only buttons and not thread?

This is usually the case with unfinished and basted sleeves (though there will be basting thread!).

Echoing @CanadaCal on the Ventura Stripe and, basically, all of the shirts and the Vittorio Farmer's Check. Unsurprised there's only one Farmer's Check left, as it's an unstoppable and eminently wearable jacket. If you're a Vittorio 52/42, purchase this jacket.

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Feelin fly in Delanceys

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 99 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 96 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads