• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

avsmusic1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
very happy with the new burgundy shell sneakers.

burgundy next to brown shell
i wear the brown pair 2 - 3 times a week
Dayum - you're sneaker collection is on point my friend

avsmusic1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are the salt washed oxfords more of a casual shirt or is it office material with a pair of slacks?? How wrinkle resistant is it?
Also interested in some opinions on this. I know it's more casual than the typical individualized OCBD but I'm wondering if it would look out of place with a sportcoat. I'm thinking white would be easy b/c there wouldn't be any visible color variation from the wash - that said, the pics don't appear to highlight any visible "broken in" effect.

Steel28

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Epaulet

Hey Mike,

Is there a chance, you can have grey or charcoal Hopsack available for next EFF suiting? I want another full suit as navy Hopsack is holding strong and I love it.

kickstand

Reaction score

Are the salt washed oxfords more of a casual shirt or is it office material with a pair of slacks?? How wrinkle resistant is it?

Also interested in some opinions on this. I know it's more casual than the typical individualized OCBD but I'm wondering if it would look out of place with a sportcoat. I'm thinking white would be easy b/c there wouldn't be any visible color variation from the wash - that said, the pics don't appear to highlight any visible "broken in" effect. 

I wore the blue with a tie the other day and it didn't seem out of place. It's right there in the middle between casual and slightly dressy. Less wrinkles than some of my other oxfords.

Last edited:

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Quick pic of the Cayman Islands chambray. I was under the impression this was 100% cotton, but the tag says 100% linen, which it appears to be.

@Wooderson shirt looks good! So you guys are correct - we sold this as 100% cotton. That's what New England told me when they looked it up in their stock system. It must have been incorrectly booked in on their side.

If anyone got this shirt and is unhappy with the linen fabrication, we can exchange it for you. It's a killer fabric though, and linen is more costly, so it was a better deal all things considered. But you have to like it.

@el es dee I designed the oxfords to be primarily a biz-caz piece. With my forays into fleece and overdyes, I realized that I can't "out-casual" our competition. Most of our customers are looking for exactly what you described - something that can be dressed up with a sportcoat if need be. The fabric itself is lighter weight than the usual heavy oxford, and that makes it work better with a more formal jacket or suit. And we have a properly light lined collar with a high stance and a great roll. It looks boss if you wear it open and it holds its own under a lapel.

The fabric is 100% cotton - there's no anti-wrinkle treatment, but mid-weight oxford cloth like this does a great job of holding its shape after it's been ironed or steamed.

very happy with the new burgundy shell sneakers.

burgundy next to brown shell
i wear the brown pair 2 - 3 times a week

@MrDV no spoiler there - those photos are ace! Thanks so much for picking them up!

@avsmusic1 I think that these would be a great match to your style, and they absolutely work under a jacket. We used a salt wash rather than an enzyme wash for the exact reason that you specified. The fabric is soft, pre-shrunk, and broken down - but it doesn't look distressed.

To give you an overall idea of the concept - we'll look to roll out a "starter package" by the Fall. It will have a better name than that, but you'd be talking the $600 suit, the $95 shirt, a $365 goodyear welt derby dress shoe, the $195 leather trainer and the $135 chino. All of these things are intended to work together and to be the best options on the market in their given category and price level.

@Epaulet

Hey Mike,

Is there a chance, you can have grey or charcoal Hopsack available for next EFF suiting? I want another full suit as navy Hopsack is holding strong and I love it.

@Steel28 maybe, but honestly I have no idea. It's going to be wholly dependent on what Southwick wants to clear out. I expect that the next EFF round will be more fall-focused with lots of tweeds and flannels, but there's always room for hopsack.

dcjohnson

Reaction score
To give you an overall idea of the concept - we'll look to roll out a "starter package" by the Fall. It will have a better name than that, but you'd be talking the $600 suit, the $95 shirt, a $365 goodyear welt derby dress shoe, the $195 leather trainer and the $135 chino. All of these things are intended to work together and to be the best options on the market in their given category and price level

Epaulet essentials
I'd also like to throw in a request for a Portugal sport coat in Hopsack somewhere down the road

jwbatusic

Reaction score
now that the Chelsea's have been delivered, can anyone comment on how they think the boots would work for an e width? Thanks.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Any chance of the baby camel making a return for the next EFF or is that one totally gone?

@Spaghettimatt honestly I'm not sure - whatever fabrics are offered as promo in the future is totally out of my hands. Just depends if Southwick wants to clear it out or not.

Spaghettimatt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

@Spaghettimatt
 honestly I'm not sure - whatever fabrics are offered as promo in the future is totally out of my hands. Just depends if Southwick wants to clear it out or not.  

Okay well tell southwick I will personally find, slay, and skin a baby camel for them if they can offer it again this year.

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Okay well tell southwick I will personally find, slay, and skin a baby camel for them if they can offer it again this year.

Cecil, Harambe, and your dead baby camel. What is the world coming to?

poly800rock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Will you ever make a GAT on runner sole like the first release? Missed out on those and love the somewhat more aggressive sole

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads