• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@MKELLY Summer fresco is up:

https://epauletnewyork.com/products/ends-for-friends-may-2016-4-season-suiting?variant=17693445573

vimeo_logo.png

And for anyone thinking of a grey suit, here's the notes:

1) Guabello Med Grey Super 130s: Great all-around staple suit, conservative enough color, much nicer fabric then the typical OTR suit. Typical suiting weight
2) Hardy Minnis Super 150s: Psychotically nice fabric, killer value, distinctive lighter color. Typical suiting weight
3) Med Grey Open Weave Fresco: Similar color to Guabello but open, textured weave. Best for warmer days, so more of a 3-season garment.

MKELLY

Reaction score

@MKELLY Summer fresco is up: https://epauletnewyork.com/products/ends-for-friends-may-2016-4-season-suiting?variant=17693445573 And for anyone thinking of a grey suit, here's the notes: 1) Guabello Med Grey Super 130s: Great all-around staple suit, conservative enough color, much nicer fabric then the typical OTR suit. Typical suiting weight 2) Hardy Minnis Super 150s: Psychotically nice fabric, killer value, distinctive lighter color. Typical suiting weight 3) Med Grey Open Weave Fresco: Similar color to Guabello but open, textured weave. Best for warmer days, so more of a 3-season garment.
I'm staring at my order page and completely paralyzed by the button selection. Any thoughts? EDIT -- Pls disregard. Figured it out. (Like, you know, an adult.)

Last edited:

cyclohexane

Reaction score
Fitting that this showed up at my doorstep today. This is the regular Indigo linen off the website:

3) Natural Shoulder SB can be partial lined (3/8) or Fully Lined. Double Breasted is full liner only. Soft shoulder is partial liner only (it's a "butterfly" liner in the sleeves and top back, like the Vittorio)
3) 

@Epaulet is this restriction for all Southwick EPNY jackets, or just the Ends round? The jacket in the above photo was ordered as partially-lined but it's got lining all the way down the back. Going to dispatch an email to Adele & Co. after I finish posting this. :)

CHRK33

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mike, any tweeds or fall-friendly fabrics coming? Always perfect for the perpetual fall that is SF. Thanks!

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Mike, any tweeds or fall-friendly fabrics coming? Always perfect for the perpetual fall that is SF. Thanks!

@CHRK33 I ran out of time to do the tweeds unfortunately, but there really weren't many anyway.

That said, I have a "Brushed Heavy Fresco" which is pretty unique. Looks a hell of a lot like the Open Weave one, but it's Fall-Winter weight. Right in-between a suiting fabric and a flannel. Would make up into a great grey suit that still has a lot of texture in it.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hi Mike, are you still going to do able to put that solid black up?

@Pastor yup, just getting our (very late) newsletter out. Then I'll build out the remainder of the fabrics. We've got good stock in the black twill, no stress on that one

EDIT - just put it online, we've got cloth for 10 black suits

Last edited:

tricky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Would really value your guys' advice, including Mike @epaulet.

I mentioned I've gained some weight and am up a size or two in pants. As well my 38 EP sportcoats are quite snug now.

I have these two EP coats in 39 (slightly brought in but no other alterations).

Do you guys think I can pull off a 40?

(Ignore the dirty mirror - it's my kids' bathroom)

Mghart

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@tricky those look like a great fit to my eye, but I don't think a 40 would be that big a difference to look "off" or oversized in any way. I guess it'd depend on mobility in the jackets you have now.

I'd take a 40 in a southwick coat myself, but a lot of it for me is chest/shoulder areas I need the room for. Sleeves/length are fine for me though. I'm a 33" in all my ep pants and a medium in shirting(although they tend to be a little snug in the chest shoulder areas which is why I may just stick to individualized from here out to make those small adjustments)

Pastor

Reaction score
Mike,
I'm up in the air on buying the black or another fabric. For the black, what I really need is a hard wearing suit that can be checked in luggage and not end up looking like junk when I pull it out. I need something that does not have to be babied. My older Navy Hopsack Cane model suit is what I typically travel with now but wanted to get another travel suit. Your thoughts?

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Mike,
I'm up in the air on buying the black or another fabric. For the black, what I really need is a hard wearing suit that can be checked in luggage and not end up looking like junk when I pull it out. I need something that does not have to be babied. My older Navy Hopsack Cane model suit is what I typically travel with now but wanted to get another travel suit. Your thoughts?

@Pastor this is definitely a great option, the twill is really strong on this. Pretty sure that it's Barberis 120 suiting. Wear and care is pretty similar to hopsack, but it won't be quite a breathable on a really hot day. But we're not talking a huge difference. I think that this is an excellent fabric for a basic black suit. Could be used for a tuxedo too.

dalevy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@dalevy yup, three of them: navy poplin, nantucket red doeskin, sky blue doeskin
hm. decisions. Any advice on navy poplin vs. navy seersucker. I've also been looking for a smart casual jacket. I also need versatility. I go from San Francisco, where it's usually sweater weather most of the year to other parts of the bay area that can be much hotter or colder in the same day. I guess what I'm asking is, I know that seersucker is better for hotter temps. How do they compare for cooler temps?

The surface texture of the seersucker is prety intriguing though.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 102 36.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads