• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

avsmusic1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

RE: Loopwheel tees and longsleeves in particular. Just got a size L in the long sleeve and they are a little tight - do they tend to "relax" a little bit with wear? I wore one mowing the lawn and it did get slightly looser with wear. I'm considering buying the henley 3 pack, but XL is the one one left and I'm afraid that they'll be a little too big, especially once it stretches a little bit.

Thanks!

Can't comment on sizing relative to the loopwheel but many people size up from their typical shirt size for the henleys (which are awesome)

drewcandraw

Reaction score
RE: Loopwheel tees and longsleeves in particular. Just got a size L in the long sleeve and they are a little tight - do they tend to "relax" a little bit with wear? I wore one mowing the lawn and it did get slightly looser with wear. I'm considering buying the henley 3 pack, but XL is the one one left and I'm afraid that they'll be a little too big, especially once it stretches a little bit.

Thanks!
I got the henleys in the XL and they are pretty form fitting on me. I wore it yesterday with my essex trucker jacket.

The henley did relax a little throughout the day but most likely have to keep it in cold water and hang dry or it may shrink in the dryer. I do like a looser fit than most guys on here though.

TommyB

Reaction score
First really warm day off from work requires this EP shirt from last year.

aikiman44

Reaction score

Thanks!

Get the XL. I have same issues.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
That Cardiff boot is the money.

@El Argentino thanks for picking it up - enjoy it!

Wow, that Alt Wien made up better than I thought. Happy to be getting a pair
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

@Don L thanks and enjoy them! I'm thrilled with how that made up too, the Alt Wien shape is really boss on the Plaza last.

@Epaulet , any update on delivery on the Somelos oxfords? I'm saving my pennies.
biggrin.gif

@duff406 finished and awaiting pickup. We've been coordinating a huge ass shipment from Portugal that should fly any day now.

Just got my Bison Calgary boots...and these things are bad ass. The pictures didn't even come close to doing the leather or the last justice...it's sleeker than I expected, and the leather is a lot more subtle, which I think makes it a lot more interesting. And on feet, they look as tough as any boots I've seen. Excellent work on these...if I'd only had a chance to see them in person sooner, I would've jumped on them earlier. (Though I sure can't complain about the price I got!) These are my first pair of Epaulet footwear (actually my first Epaulet purchase!), but they sure won't be my last.

Which leads me to a general note - is it possible to get straight-on profile shots of Epaulet's own shoes and boots in the future? It'd be a huge help for me in getting a sense of how the shapes compare to other footwear, since so many other brands and retailers always have at least one shot directly to the side of the shoe. I thought the Calgary was a bulkier last than it turned out to be, but that's largely because the photos just made it look that way. Dayton has the same issue. After being so surprisingly impressed by the Calgaries, I'd hate for anybody else to mis-perceive the shape of a last and hesitate to purchase like I did. And we all know that amazing product shots can drive sales, too...(*cough*)

Also, I missed the mention before of a suede blouson coming. Very psyched. Can't wait to see the jackets.

Oh, and I'm seriously digging the Cardiffs, too.
biggrin.gif

@Callusing glad that you dig them - thanks for the writeup! And yes, doing a straight profile shot is a good idea, I used to do it but kind of fell off the wagon.

I'm planning to have a proper studio at our LA office and to have a local photographer on call. Right now I shoot 95% of the pictures, so it will be good to have someone else on board. You guys can expect all of our creative to go up a few notches after the move.

I know, that plaza last medallion on the alt wien boot is amazing. My understanding is that Alden only does that ram's head medallion on the Plaza last. Such a winner.

All you SoCal guys who want to show support for the L.A. Rams, that's your boot.

@applky yup, that's exactly right - the ram medallion is a Plaza exclusive

Thanks!

I think that you can safely go up to the XL, the Union Jersey really doesn't stretch or shrink very much. And the raglan sleeves mean a good fit in the shoulders even if it's a touch big.

First really warm day off from work requires this EP shirt from last year.

@TommyB the legendary Guatemalan jacquard! The craziest fabric we ever made a shirt out of! Looks good against that backdrop

Nik Telford

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Epaulet those new swatches are killer. Really love that Laguna one. I was looking at those this morning and I thought they were new but I wasn't sure if I just hadn't noticed them before haha. Do you guys have any plans for prints from Individualized?

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@Epaulet those new swatches are killer. Really love that Laguna one. I was looking at those this morning and I thought they were new but I wasn't sure if I just hadn't noticed them before haha. Do you guys have any plans for prints from Individualized?

@Nik Telford cool - I really like Laguna too! I think that it's going to make up like an obnoxious 1980s shirt, but in the best way possible. I'm definitely ordering that prior to my LA move. I just need a white 1985 Porsche 911 and some Cazal glasses to go with it.

We've haven't gotten any prints in a while, so honestly I'm not sure. I just get a surprise envelope of swatches every Friday. We're going to be on top of keeping it updated.

unclesam099

Reaction score

I think that you can safely go up to the XL, the Union Jersey really doesn't stretch or shrink very much. And the raglan sleeves mean a good fit in the shoulders even if it's a touch big. 

Thanks! Just ordered the 3 pack in XL and a LS thermal and SS henley in L for layering- I have been looking at henleys for a LONG time but couldn't justify spending Merz B. or Homespun prices on one, so buying 5 now should hold me over for some time.

Also bought the Horween brown and navy belts on closeout last week - AMAZING leather quality on those.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@Epaulet What's the lead time on an MTO suit? Have a trip lined up end of June and wondering if I order now, will the suit make it on time?

@lifeinabox they're cranking them out in four weeks reliably, so we can hit that date without the rush up-charge. If you can order over the weekend so we can submit first thing on Monday, that'd be ideal. Just holler if you have any questions or need help with fabrics.

Thanks! Just ordered the 3 pack in XL and a LS thermal and SS henley in L for layering- I have been looking at henleys for a LONG time but couldn't justify spending Merz B. or Homespun prices on one, so buying 5 now should hold me over for some time.

Also bought the Horween brown and navy belts on closeout last week - AMAZING leather quality on those.

@unclesam099 Excellent - and glad that you dig the belts!

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 98 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads