• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

kwhitelaw

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

jm22

Reaction score
agreed.

Mike, anyway to get a comparison shot of the new lightweight khaki twill against the current slim walt khaki twill? I have the current pair en route but might want to grab this new pair before a trip next week.

Thanks in advance!

+1 I'm in the same boat, need a pair of khaki trousers for an upcoming trip, getting ready to pull the trigger but would like to see a shot of the new lightweight khaki.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
There are two new pants up on the website, but neither has a picture available.
The link: http://epauletnewyork.com/collectio...slim-walt-cotton-italian-yarn-dye-grey-cotton

Curious about these two!
agreed.

Mike, anyway to get a comparison shot of the new lightweight khaki twill against the current slim walt khaki twill? I have the current pair en route but might want to grab this new pair before a trip next week.

Thanks in advance!

+1 I'm in the same boat, need a pair of khaki trousers for an upcoming trip, getting ready to pull the trigger but would like to see a shot of the new lightweight khaki.

@JVK1 @jm22 @kwhitelaw

We're planning to shoot these on David today, weather permitting. The new khaki is a lightweight poplin, a slightly lighter and paler tone than the current one that we have online. It's really nice and has a great hand. The other one is Grey Yarn Dye Twill (#1160) as shown in this item

Mike, the website no longer zooms on the iPad...making it tough to read the always cool Mike Notes!

Is this a temporary result of the upgrades?
@ino68 huh, thanks for pointing that out - I'll holler over to the web guys

Sudonihm

Reaction score
@Epaulet , any plans for a Walt EFF in the near future? I mean, it's not like you have a lot going on.
tongue.gif

Pastor

Reaction score
Are you are getting your items already from the Brooklyn online sale? I bought several items and I haven't even gotten shipping notification yet. Just curious as Mike and the bunch are usually super fast about getting things shipped out.

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Are you are getting your items already from the Brooklyn online sale? I bought several items and I haven't even gotten shipping notification yet. Just curious as Mike and the bunch are usually super fast about getting things shipped out.

I just got a shipping notification for my stuff yesterday, after people were posting that they already received their orders, so I assume they're probably still making their way through everything.

jm22

Reaction score
I received my order from the online BK sale yesterday. I might've been at the front of the cue. The black derbies fit spot on and are super nice as a basic shoe for work, such a great value.

avsmusic1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I received my thedi shawl collar bomber yesterday night (I'm in CT though so not a long transit)

Unfortunately..... I'm afraid it may be a little too snug
frown.gif
. I'm really a L/XL and this would be best for a true L or M/L build.
It is especially unfortunate now that I've actually held it. The hide is really something special - really the perfect weight and buttery soft, but it's horsehide so you know it will wear like iron. The construction is as nice or nicer than any other leather jacket I've owned. It's an absolutely beautiful piece.

Anyone interested can feel free to PM me.

OIx

Reaction score
Rivet chino question - how many washes are required to absolutely take out any shrinking ? i want to wash them before hemming to the right length

What is the right temperature for washing rivets ?

many thanks!

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@Epaulet

Is it possible to request pick stitching on MTO trousers? I'm gonna put in an order for some spring/summer fabrics and I really like that detail on lighter tones.

@Duke Silver unfortunately not with Hertling - they just do standard stitching on our trousers.

Rivet chino question - how many washes are required to absolutely take out any shrinking ? i want to wash them before hemming to the right length

What is the right temperature for washing rivets ?

many thanks!

@OIx I'd always advice cold wash / hang dry to get the maximum wear out of your chinos. Generally one wash is going to be fine for that hem. I usually advise hemming the chinos with a bit of break if you're not cuffing them. Cotton pants constrict after a wash and lengthen as you wear them, so hemming them with no break will give you periods where they look too short.

Glad I copped 2 pairs of the black derbies.

The lug soles are super clutch.

@JilSlander glad that you like them!

@Pastor yeah, we're just insanely backed up with this batch of orders. Most of the outstanding stuff will be addressed tomorrow.

@Epaulet , any plans for a Walt EFF in the near future? I mean, it's not like you have a lot going on.
tongue.gif

@Sudonihm ah, nothing on the calendar as of yet. Got two more stock Walt's going online tonight though.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads