• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

bkotsko

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Recent Instagram Pics

@stevefok has a legendary pairing of EFF Rivet Chinos and (I think) Vass oxfords:
Mike,
What the hell are you doing?!?
You are with your lady on a Vacation getaway.
Why are you wasting your time on us?
haha
Have fun.

luzer

Reaction score

I've had a few crotch blow out's. Usually after very few wears. I've always e-mailed Mike and he has been very helpful.

note, for those that keep on asking, after an initial response from Mike, i have not heard anything more. i did follow up a few times offline. no response.
(he did offer to send extra material to fit the seat, proactively. though that doesnt help for the 3+ pairs that are damaged.)
i am a bit disappointed that, after spending $4K with over the years, that was the response. I support them and the community, but have withheld my usual fall orders...

thanks to everyone for the help and support.

CPaul

Reaction score
Mike,
Weren't you guys coming out with watch straps awhile back? Did that project get put on the backburner?

Thanks,
Chris

tricky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
EP LBM, chambray MTO, rivets

unclesam099

Reaction score

note, for those that keep on asking, after an initial response from Mike, i have not heard anything more. i did follow up a few times offline. no response.
(he did offer to send extra material to fit the seat, proactively. though that doesnt help for the 3+ pairs that are damaged.)
i am a bit disappointed that, after spending $4K with over the years, that was the response. I support them and the community, but have withheld my usual fall orders...

thanks to everyone for the help and support.

I think that I had asked how many wears were on each pair of trousers - didn't catch that answer. Just curious, are those 3 pairs that are the only ones in your rotation? And being in NYC, do you walk for your commute?

Just an assumption here - you state you had them for 1-2 years. I have never walked around enough to blow out a crotch but from what I understand, when you get a suit made, you get 2 trousers in the same fabric for when the first pair of trousers wears out, you have a second pair instead of an orphaned suit jacket. I assume that the lighter weight trousers have worn out because of normal wear and tear. Now, if you only have a handful of wears on them, then you might have a case if they've worn out that quickly. If they're torn or seams came apart, then that's a different story, too, depending on amount of wear. It can also depend on your body - how you walk and or if you have weightlifter thighs, the wear in the crotch may be more than if you have toothpick legs.

I'm not defending you or Epaulet, but just trying to shed light on the situation for all parties involved. And you certainly have the right to move on to another shop's products.

luzer

Reaction score

I think that I had asked how many wears were on each pair of trousers - didn't catch that answer. Just curious, are those 3 pairs that are the only ones in your rotation? And being in NYC, do you walk for your commute?

Just an assumption here - you state you had them for 1-2 years. I have never walked around enough to blow out a crotch but from what I understand, when you get a suit made, you get 2 trousers in the same fabric for when the first pair of trousers wears out, you have a second pair instead of an orphaned suit jacket. I assume that the lighter weight trousers have worn out because of normal wear and tear. Now, if you only have a handful of wears on them, then you might have a case if they've worn out that quickly. If they're torn or seams came apart, then that's a different story, too, depending on amount of wear. It can also depend on your body - how you walk and or if you have weightlifter thighs, the wear in the crotch may be more than if you have toothpick legs.

I'm not defending you or Epaulet, but just trying to shed light on the situation for all parties involved. And you certainly have the right to move on to another shop's products.

there is another side to this story, i am sure

both heavy weight and light weight pants have worn thru. i have around 15+ pairs in total rotation. i walk alot, live in NYC. my friends tell me i have skinny thighs.
if no-one else in this community was having this problem, i would understand. it sounds like a very small number of people have had similar situations, but not a significant amount. which means i might be doing something wrong.

not trying to hijack this thread, so people PM me offline to respect Mike's interests here.

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

EP Knit Tie, EP #8 CXL belt, Wool RCs (self-pressed for dat work appropriate crease), and EP Vass.

EDIT: as an aside, these burnt orange wool rivets are probably my favorite pair of pants I own from EP. I also have a mocha brown pair, both from a few winters ago, and can't sing their praises enough.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads