• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

eljlakers

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The Epaulet Los Angeles Essex Jacket

[COLOR=A74345] [/COLOR]
EPLA ESSEX DENIM JACKET IN 13OZ KAIHARA INDIGO: $145

Hey guys, We just dropped this yesterday, and it's selling pretty well. Perfect timing for it with the weather. It's a slightly tweaked standard denim jacket. We rounded off the collar points, took away some of the front stitching, and gave it functional exterior AND interior pockets. The denim is a nice basic 13oz Kaihara indigo that's enzyme washed for softness and shrinkage. It's very comfortable and works on its own or as a layering piece. The last round of tradeshows in NYC had a lot of guys layering denim jackets underneath wool coats, and it's a pretty fresh look. Sizing is on par with our usual deal, so order your typical Epaulet size.
Never been a denim jacket guy but the price point on that is so awesome. You wouldn't think a jacket should cost less than jeans but somehow EP pulls it off.

ino68

Reaction score
Woah, the Essex design is just effortless...
worship.gif

TweedyProf

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Does anyone know if there are plans for a "polo suede" belt, a redder suede? I'm planning on getting the snuff (really happy with my dark suede belt from last year, with chicago screws).

Mike? @Epaulet

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@Epaulet Hey Mike, is the Gitman shirting event today still on at the Manhattan store? Was wondering what time it started so
I can warm up my credit card for a serious work out.

@applky yes sir! We're here all day, we've got a ton of fabric swatches.

And I just had a great meeting with the Gitman rep. We're going to port the "Choice Cuts" concept online by tomorrow morning.

The basic idea is a condensed MTO system. The shirts are $200 for the most part. We'll have a $25 off coupon that will be active until Tuesday midnight, so they'll be the more or less stock price of $175. You can choose Epaulet size, collar style, cuff style, body length, and sleeve length. The only thing that cannot be changed is the collar size - that has to use our typical scaling. But these fabrics are all pretty casual, so hopefully not that much of an issue.

There's some great stuff in here if you're a fan of the Gitman shape!

We're hashing out an MTO necktie program to run right alongside that. More info to come.

Does anyone know if there are plans for a "polo suede" belt, a redder suede? I'm planning on getting the snuff (really happy with my dark suede belt from last year, with chicago screws).

Mike? @Epaulet

@TweedyProf unfortunately, this is probably it. I love making suede belts, but it's a tough business. Getting color consistency is kind of impossible, and our return rate is really high, as many guys are on a constant hunt for an exact matched belt which may or may not exist.

But that said, I will have a possible group buy opportunity. Later this season we'll have a massive footwear preorder opportunity which will be all based around suede. You'll be able to buy belts that will come from the same runs of suede as the shoes, so you can purchase a perfectly matched set that way. And you can buy a belt all buy itself, so that could be a good way to pick up a few tan/snuff/brown tones and cover all of the bases. Prices should be very good on those.

The old denim jacket was selvedge no?

@CPaul yup, it was, so that's mostly the reason why the Essex can be cheaper. Selvedge denim is both more expensive and takes much more yardage per garment.
That Essex is sex!

Sorry I had to do it. I'm in.

@Randomore thank you sir!

justinkapur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

@applky

@TweedyProf
unfortunately, this is probably it. I love making suede belts, but it's a tough business. Getting color consistency is kind of impossible, and our return rate is really high, as many guys are on a constant hunt for an exact matched belt which may or may not exist.

But that said, I will have a possible group buy opportunity. Later this season we'll have a massive footwear preorder opportunity which will be all based around suede. You'll be able to buy belts that will come from the same runs of suede as the shoes, so you can purchase a perfectly matched set that way. And you can buy a belt all buy itself, so that could be a good way to pick up a few tan/snuff/brown tones and cover all of the bases. Prices should be very good on those.

You got my attention

TweedyProf

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Mike

That's too bad about returns. This exact match between belt and shoes is really something people have to let go of. Still polo and snuff differ enough on the red dimension that ii prefer one of each. But I wouldn't expect them to be an exact match, and indeed a slight variation is actually better. Otherwise, a bit boring IMO. Time to push back against silly rules.

Anyway your belts are great. You'll get an order from me in near future and no, you won't have to process a return.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads