• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

applky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes, we can do a personalized fit for you. I'm hesitating to say "MTM" because I want to manage everyone's expectations.

Technically, Individualized can make nearly any shirt. The vast majority of shirts that they make are pretty classic and boxy. For our program, we developed an exclusive pattern that emulates our Epaulet New York fit but uses their production. We'll then tweak our base fit as needed for customers.

The good news: if you more or less fit into our shirts then we can easily get these to fit you VERY well. And we can do it remotely with a few good quality images.

The bad news: if you don't fit into our shirts at all, then we cannot size you unless you're measured in person.

So we've given up some flexibility to offer much more consistency.

But yes, if you want any of the promo shirts, just go ahead and order them and use your name to reference the fit. Send me an email with large, clear images of you wearing one of our shirts. We need to see it from the front, side, and back. Someone else should shoot you wearing the shirt, and be sure to have them step back a bit if you're using a smartphone. That way you won't get the wide-angle distortion that you see up close. We can dial that right in for you.

Mike, for those of us fortunate enough to be local to EP, what's the process like for getting measured in person? Does it have to be done at a trunk show, or do the Individualized folks come by the store regularly?

wigglr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How much shrink are people experiencing with pants with washing? I just got a couple MTO cotton twills that seemed to shrink (keep in mind I washed then dried with a very low setting.. they still came out damp). They seemed to shrink all over (legs, waist), and I was only expecting shrink in length.

justinkapur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

New white pebble trainers added to the family. Wore my saddles all weekend long in Canada

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^ sweet. Those really caught my eye. How is the leather? Stiffer than dress shoe leather? Would be cool to see the same leather used on the gats

justinkapur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

^ sweet. Those really caught my eye. How is the leather? Stiffer than dress shoe leather? Would be cool to see the same leather used on the gats

Its definitely a bit thicker but once broken in they will be so soft. Epaulet was my real dive into nicer sneakers. My saddles started really stiff but after about 4 wears they are so soft.

I cant wait to see what colors come next because the comfort level is insane and price point is really good

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score
Speaking of sneakers...anyone remember when the oxblood horsehide pre-orders are supposed to be due?

dieselrocket

Reaction score

@kwanon

Yes, we can do a personalized fit for you. I'm hesitating to say "MTM" because I want to manage everyone's expectations.

Technically, Individualized can make nearly any shirt. The vast majority of shirts that they make are pretty classic and boxy. For our program, we developed an exclusive pattern that emulates our Epaulet New York fit but uses their production. We'll then tweak our base fit as needed for customers.

The good news: if you more or less fit into our shirts then we can easily get these to fit you VERY well. And we can do it remotely with a few good quality images.

The bad news: if you don't fit into our shirts at all, then we cannot size you unless you're measured in person.

So we've given up some flexibility to offer much more consistency.

But yes, if you want any of the promo shirts, just go ahead and order them and use your name to reference the fit. Send me an email with large, clear images of you wearing one of our shirts. We need to see it from the front, side, and back. Someone else should shoot you wearing the shirt, and be sure to have them step back a bit if you're using a smartphone. That way you won't get the wide-angle distortion that you see up close. We can dial that right in for you.

A few more custom fit questions. I have a custom shirt made to my measurements from another manfacturer. I measured it, and based on that I think I would fit well in one of your XL shirts with the shoulder reduced by an inch, the sleeves reduced by 3.5 inches, and the length reduced by 2 inches. Would this be possible? Is two pockets possible?

CPaul

Reaction score
Overdyes are back. All about it. Looks like if I was an xxl in them before then I'm a XL now?

Faster

Reaction score
How much shrink are people experiencing with pants with washing? I just got a couple MTO cotton twills that seemed to shrink (keep in mind I washed then dried with a very low setting.. they still came out damp). They seemed to shrink all over (legs, waist), and I was only expecting shrink in length.
I found shrink all over, not much, but the expected for a cotton twill. Some do better than others.

kulfi

Reaction score
Just got the newsletter - I see the Olive Mix Madras (R01ABP) in the email but its not on the EFF page or in the drop down menu. Is it available? Such a sweet shirt.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Just got the newsletter - I see the Olive Mix Madras (R01ABP) in the email but its not on the EFF page or in the drop down menu. Is it available? Such a sweet shirt.

@kulfi ah, my apologies, we just had two units remaining on that - they sold as soon as the item went online

wigglr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I found shrink all over, not much, but the expected for a cotton twill. Some do better than others.

Ah, okay! Mine don't really fit anymore.

Tallcane

Reaction score
Looking to try the rivet chinos. I am typically a 35 waist. The website shows the size 34 to measure at a 35. Should I go with the 35 so it can shrink? Or, go with the 34?

lee_44106

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How do I go about with the MTO trousers program?

Do I prepay the entire amount or just the $95 deposit? How do I do that?
Thanks

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Looking to try the rivet chinos. I am typically a 35 waist. The website shows the size 34 to measure at a 35. Should I go with the 35 so it can shrink? Or, go with the 34?
Definitely buy the larger size. If your waist measures the exact same as the waist of the pant, the pant won't close. You always need some allowance

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads