• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

tv2177

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Alpine Grain Plaza Last Alt-Wien Boot would be cool

I will be all over this make up for sure. Alternatively, I would be also down for punch cap toe alpine grain plaza last Innsbruck boot.

evilWagon

Reaction score
I've searched the thread and Google without success;
I see there's no Rudy pants in stock only through the made to order option. But is there ever any stock (that can be returned) so I can figure out my sizing?

Alternatively are there any dimensions for 38/39/40 sizes?

Also any footwear in 14 or 15?

Swangerman

Reaction score
@slide13

It sounds like you have an insole cut for 1/2 size smaller. Try replacing the insoles with an aftermarket option. There are a number of high quality, low $$ options out there.

TO Tie Guy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I see there's no Rudy pants in stock only through the made to order option. But is there ever any stock (that can be returned) so I can figure out my sizing?

MTO is the only option for us Rudy guys.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hey guys!

My apologies for being AWOL on the site for a bit. I'm headed out to Europe for the week, so I won't be able to check in that frequently. Couple things going down:

1) @EP Dylan is going to be holding down the thread for questions while I'm gone, so feel free to address things to him. He's also wrangling some fresh new Alden GTMO styles for the month. I love the idea of a Grant-last Tyrol blucher with an antique welt! It would keep the vibe of the original but make it a bit sleeker and more subdued. Perfect IMO.

2) Preorders for the Sport Trainer in Oxblood Horse and Alabaster Calf close tomorrow. We've got some slots left on the Oxblood horse - and it's going to be rad as hell!

3) Individualized EFF closes tomorrow as well. I know that it stinks to think about a flannel right now, but trust me: one of those flannels with a New Bond collar will be hands-down the dopest flannel that you've ever worn. IS makes a wonderful shirt, and that fabric is ace.

4) We've nearly finished allotting the shell cordovan for our preorder customers. I'm going to figure out how much is remaining and then put that balance online for general preorders. It's a really special product, and arguably the coolest footwear that we've ever made :). Here's some shots of the Teak Shell Cordovan tennis trainers with about six weeks of wear on them:

AnOxymoron

Reaction score

You just gotta buy a measuring tape and get to it, or measure a pair of your best fitting trousers. The Rudy measurements are on the MTO page.

edit: wow, shell cordovan tennis shoes....i didn't think i'd see the day.

Last edited:

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

We'll be happy to help you with sizing - we just need a few measurements from a trouser that fits you well now. Feel free to shoot them over to dylan[at]epauletnewyork.com

And we do Alden preorders about every six weeks. They don't have 15 in a lot of lasts, but 14's are no problem. You can place a deposit on the styles being offered and pre-order any size/width that's possible in that given last. For our trainers, we unfortunately can't offer those sizes presently.

Last edited:

MacktasticGDogg

Reaction score
For those of us who ordered EFF shirts without detail specifications, when should we expect to see the spreadsheet to fill out our information?

dcjohnson

Reaction score
I would love to see Alden's unlined chukka on a different last like the plaza.
I think a lined version would be nice as well.

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Hey guys!

My apologies for being AWOL on the site for a bit. I'm headed out to Europe for the week, so I won't be able to check in that frequently. Couple things going down:
Have a great trip! I think I'll be down at the shop on Wednesday, too bad we will miss each other.

JR Magat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
3) Individualized EFF closes tomorrow as well. I know that it stinks to think about a flannel right now, but trust me: one of those flannels with a New Bond collar will be hands-down the dopest flannel that you've ever worn. IS makes a wonderful shirt, and that fabric is ace.

4) We've nearly finished allotting the shell cordovan for our preorder customers. I'm going to figure out how much is remaining and then put that balance online for general preorders. It's a really special product, and arguably the coolest footwear that we've ever made
smile.gif
. Here's some shots of the Teak Shell Cordovan tennis trainers with about six weeks of wear on them:

@EP Dylan can you or someone post an image of what the New Bond collar looks like? I do not see it on the collar diagram in the MTO.

And hot damn those shell trainers look great! Out of my sneaker budget, but I might jump on a pair of saddle cc trainers if they ever get re-stocked

@Epaulet Have a great time in Europe!

Last edited:

slide13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

@slide13

It sounds like you have an insole cut for 1/2 size smaller. Try replacing the insoles with an aftermarket option. There are a number of high quality, low $$ options out there. 

Yeah, that is what I was thinking too. They are size 12 and it seems like the insoles are 11.5 or so. They don't slide right out, they seem glued in pretty good but I may have to consider trying to replace them.

@Epaulet Have you heard of insoles being short in other size 12s of these tennis trainers before?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads