• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Patrick R

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Your move mocha...
smile.gif

I just got my tracking number this afternoon. It's going to take me a few days.

EP Dylan

Reaction score
@Epaulet Any chance of a restock of the old Alden Tyrol blucher? If not, anyway we could do it as an GMTO on the Grant/aberdeen last?

For those of you who don't remember:

@venividivicibj Mike and I were actually just tossing around some new Alden ideas while at the Individualized factory. We could absolutely anniversary this style, with some updates, if people were into it. Let's pool some thoughts on what details everyone would like to see on the Tyrol 2.0.

Aside from that, we're planning on bringing back the navy chromexcel tanker boot, for sure:

We're also thinking about running another Alt Wien boot. I was thinking of an Innsbruck variety (brown chromexcel, brass eyes, commando sole), but we're open to other suggestions. An example of the style below (not the leather/ details):

Please keep in mind that for this batch of Alden make-ups we're going to focus on leathers other than shell cordovan (for delivery purposes). Aside from that parameter, all other suggestions are welcome!

Don L

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Alpine Grain Plaza Last Alt-Wien Boot would be cool

Hunter green suede Perf Cap or Medallion Cap all eyelet Boot, Plaza on Commando

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Saddle was far and away the best Tennis Trainer color, so I think that the Sport Trainer in that is going to be rad.

The man has spoken. End of debate. #TeamSaddle

BootSpell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I haven't ordered the latest Saddle or Mocha tennis trainers but here's one for the previous round of high tennis trainers --- this is for Team Sienna Brown. Wearing them today. I want to see what comes down the road in the high trainers for CC.

slide13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Question for the tennis trainer owners - anybody else have insoles that stop about 1/4" before the end of the shoe inside? Mine both have gaps at the front like the insole is a little short and on the left one it's a bit narrow so my big toe hangs off the edge in one spot. Love them, but was on my feet for 5 hours in them today and was definitely noticing some discomfort from that.

Swangerman

Reaction score
@slide13

The insoles on mine fit perfectly and the shoes are, in general, extremely comfortable. The only trouble I have is limiting the frequency with which I wear them.

AnOxymoron

Reaction score

Question for the tennis trainer owners - anybody else have insoles that stop about 1/4" before the end of the shoe inside? Mine both have gaps at the front like the insole is a little short and on the left one it's a bit narrow so my big toe hangs off the edge in one spot. Love them, but was on my feet for 5 hours in them today and was definitely noticing some discomfort from that.

Are you sure it's not the insoles sliding back and up the heel? This happened on my quoddy bluchers and I ended up glueing the insoles down.

slide13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Are you sure it's not the insoles sliding back and up the heel? This happened on my quoddy bluchers and I ended up glueing the insoles down.

Yeah, it isn't that. I've had that with Quoddys before too. These aren't sliding back, they're gluded in place and the heel is well positioned.

Thanks for the feedback @Swangerman. Other than the insole issue mine are really comfy too and I could see myself wearing them a lot.

Last edited:

CanadaCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Alpine Grain Plaza Last Alt-Wien Boot would be cool

Hunter green suede Perf Cap or Medallion Cap all eyelet Boot, Plaza on Commando

Some sort of Plaza last NST Boot. Alpine alt wein sounds cool,too.

Last edited:

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
@venividivicibj Mike and I were actually just tossing around some new Alden ideas while at the Individualized factory. We could absolutely anniversary this style, with some updates, if people were into it. Let's pool some thoughts on what details everyone would like to see on the Tyrol 2.0.
@EP Dylan Maybe put it on the grant/aberdeen last to make it a bit more refined? Or make it with an antique welt rather than natural? Id buy it as is, or with the changes, was such a good shoe

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads