• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NewYawker

Reaction score
I went with no tape - going to have the pants cuffed at the tailor. The pants will be more business casual for me.

Don L

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ended up with the cranberry and navy cotton gun checks. Had similar pants to a few of my other fav's from today's terrific selections. I went with my true inseam and no tape, don't plan to cuff these. Going no break

Last edited:

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Tempted by the khaki and even more so the Bordeaux fuzzy flannel. Will give it a day or so and see how patriotic I'm feeling.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

anymore cotton/linen lighter weight fabrics coming in the morning?

Yup, we've got some very cool distressed cotton twills and some other goodies.

Hey Mike,
What is the weight of the Field of Gold fabric?

Pretty light - definitely a spring/summer mix. It's a beautiful cloth, and would definitely have been very expensive from the mill. It's a great deal at $140

Mike,
Can you confirm how you guys do the inseam measurement? 

If it is standard from the crotch down is there a reason it stops at 28"?

We do it that standard way. We can certainly do it shorter than 28" - just let us know what you need. The only consideration is that 28" or higher will start to widen the leg opening, so you might need to have it a bit tapered. The factory unfortunately won't be able to do that

Are you expecting a similarly quick turnaround from last week's Walt/Rudy/Driggs event?  

Thanks!

Hopefully! Its a good time for both factories to cut these projects

+1.......are these year round or 3 season? Also, what is the hand & drape like?

Any info would be much appreciated......very tempted to purchase :)

I'd say 3 season on cotton/silk - they'd be light for the winter. Hand is excellent and very soft

nice choice. Will go with so much. Did you go tape or no tape? I went no tape for lighter weight fabrics as sometimes you can see the tape outline through some of the material and I was concerned it may be visible. Curious what others are doing 

Good call. I'll actually review all of this with the pattern maker too. If there are any fabrics which can be distorted by the twill tape, then we'll advise those customers to change

tricky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ugh I can't believe I'm actually sticking to my newly self imposed budget. No ends this month :( ...perhaps 1.

racknac

Reaction score

Good call. I'll actually review all of this with the pattern maker too. If there are any fabrics which can be distorted by the twill tape, then we'll advise those customers to change

This happened to my last pair of MTO rivets, the shrinkage with the tape was not consistent with the rest of the pant and so got this really distorted look. Had to have the tape removed.... I like the tape, but decided to go no tape with today's purchase.

RuleOfRescue

Reaction score
I'm so tempted by the golden graham, but the 1st and only time I tried on Rivets but they were just too tight on the thigh/rear -- and not just for a casual pant. Which is weird b/c a 33-34 in Walts fits me perfectly for work and the upper pant block measures (excepting the rise) for two look pretty similar (Walt 34 thigh 12.5, Rivet 34 thigh 12.75).

Anyone else find a wide (no pun) discrepancy b/n their Walt and Rivet sizes? Any thoughts? I'm tempted to pull the trigger on a Rivet 35 and just see how it rides out...

TO Tie Guy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am so so tempted by a couple of pieces (Fields of Gold and the Dark French Blue Herringbone) but I, like my buddy Tricky have a DNB (do not buy) order going.

:slapfight:

what a disaster!

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I'm so tempted by the golden graham, but the 1st and only time I tried on Rivets but they were just too tight on the thigh/rear -- and not just for a casual pant.  Which is weird b/c a 33-34 in Walts fits me perfectly for work and the upper pant block measures (excepting the rise) for two look pretty similar (Walt 34 thigh 12.5, Rivet 34 thigh 12.75).

Anyone else find a wide (no pun) discrepancy b/n their Walt and Rivet sizes? Any thoughts? I'm tempted to pull the trigger on a Rivet 35 and just see how it rides out...

Sounds the same for me. Walts 34 fit me well all around. Rivets 34 are too small. I have Rivets in 35 MTO, but ultimately I think I like
36s with the waist taken in. I even kind of like the slightly fuller overall cut of the 36.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads