• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Really are an awesome deal - if they had any Mediums left I'd buy them all up.  (I am also 6' tall / 168 pounds, wear a Medium, definitely fitted but not overly so.)

Mike - are there any plans to do another run of the EPLA tees that are currently on sale?  I am a big fan of them.

Glad that you like them! I'm still formulating exactly where we're going with t-shirts, but I think that we're going to discontinue these superfine pima products. I liked them a lot too, but I want to focus on things that are a little more specialized. That's why we're clearing them out.

For Spring, we're going to offer:

Loopwheel short sleeve crewnecks (about 8-10 colors)
Loopwheel long sleeve henleys
Raglan L/S and S/S union jersey tees (those are selling like nutzo)
Raglan L/S and S/S indigo pique tees (like this year's item, but done with the new raglan shape)

That is some nice stuff there!

Agreed - that's a really sharp look!

In a similar vein, I ordered the navy speckled shawl collar sweater in large a few days ago and got the dreaded "our stock was wrong" email from epaulet the next day. If anyone has this and doesn't love it, I'd be happy to buy it!

Ah my apologies for that! We're working on it :embar:

I'm testing our new inventory system this week, with the plans to take it live in the new year. With that, all merchandise sold in the shops will be taken from the site immediately, and that should help us to cut down on this.

So this is a day short for the whole "thankful" thing, but sometimes I forget how spoiled we are to have Mike/Adele/Epaulet around.

Today my mother wanted to go shopping at the stores that are a short walk from my parents' home. I wore a shawl collar cardigan that I purchased from Epaulet for around $350 two years ago. It looks great, was knitted in Scotland, and has held up quite well.

One of the stores that we happened to visit was a certain internationally known brand famous for its lifestyle branding, designing "updated classics," offering a mix of English country with American prep, etc. etc. etc.

Inside said store there was a sort of patchwork sweater, with an indian head, some fair isle type patterns, and something else. It was made in China from regular lambswool.

I asked the salesman how much the sweater cost.

"$995," he said without blinking an eye.

"Are you ******* kidding me?" I reflexively replied, louder than I intended. My poor mother looked mortified.

Moral of the story: I realize how lucky we are to have the stuff that Mike and Co. churn out. I always justify my purchases with the typical, "It ain't cheap, but it's worth it..." but it turns out that maybe it is inexpensive after all.

Anyway, nothing like a day in mass market retail to make you appreciate the small things in life.

Thanks guys. Keep it up.

Thanks so much for posting this up - it really means a lot!

It goes without saying that we're all incredibly grateful for you guys as well. Developing new products and doing what we do is only possible because of our customers, and I'm always thankful to have access to such a fantastic and engaged group of guys. People who we truly consider as friends and family. A huge thanks to all of you - and we'll keep on rocking and rolling!

And to FLV's point about mass retail, I feel the same thing all of the time. In many ways, Styleforum as a whole has really laser-focused what I look for in clothing and footwear. Every now and then I go back to Saks Fifth Avenue (my retail buying alma mater), and I'm often stunned at what I see. Cemented Prada shoes for $700. Lousy Hugo Boss trousers for $300. Quality that I would never accept in a garment for prices that I would never charge. It seems absurd that I ever thought that this was normal.

It was fun to do the SF Trunk show and meet a whole range of like-minded vendors and customers. I enjoyed talking to the guys of No Man Walks Alone, to Kent Wang, to JP Marcellino, to Honourmark, and to Ercoles. It's amazing that we can all be part of this vibrant community of clothing and shoe enthusiasts - and it makes a HUGE impact on the companies and craftspeople who make all of these goods.

There was a Kickstarter project for American-made hoodies which laid on the marketing-speak really heavy. Well, I guess that they all do that :). But this guy broke out how much labor it required to make each hoodie, and how the orders that he was taking was allowing the factory to retain and hire "x" amount of workers. It was a little over-the-top, but the simple truth was correct. Choosing to support ethical and well-made products - and buying them from small companies that keep more money in the hands of their employees - does make a very important impact. The business that we give to our factories (powered by the purchases that you make for us) are crucial for them. And I feel that there's a virtuous circle of like-minded brands - many of them affiliates on this site - surrounded by like-minded customers who are giving these factories and craftspeople a viable future. And getting some killer gear in the process. That, my friends, is beautiful!

ino68

Reaction score
And to FLV's point about mass retail, I feel the same thing all of the time. In many ways, Styleforum as a whole has really laser-focused what I look for in clothing and footwear. Every now and then I go back to Saks Fifth Avenue (my retail buying alma mater), and I'm often stunned at what I see. Cemented Prada shoes for $700. Lousy Hugo Boss trousers for $300. Quality that I would never accept in a garment for prices that I would never charge. It seems absurd that I ever thought that this was normal.

Very true, it took me a few Epaulet purchases to understand the value proposition. For long time I immediately associated a 'high price' with a strong degree of getting ripped off.

Epaulet, keep rocking! :)

Last edited:

sacafotos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am definitely grateful for the RCs, which my tailor loves working on because there's always excess fabric.

Still kicking myself for missing the Driggs Tactical pants. Such an awesome concept.

Cheers to another successful year, Mike. Eager to see the sneaker lineup (shell?!) for next year.

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Camo MTO and denim shirt:

StanleyVanBuren

Thumb Raider
Reaction score
For Spring, we're going to offer:

Loopwheel short sleeve crewnecks (about 8-10 colors)
Loopwheel long sleeve henleys
Raglan L/S and S/S union jersey tees (those are selling like nutzo)
Raglan L/S and S/S indigo pique tees (like this year's item, but done with the new raglan shape)

Crap, are there not going to be long sleeve henleys in that heavier 8oz fabric?

jvillal

Reaction score
Just received my heirloom sweater. Love it, but the body seems to be about an 1"-1.5" too small in the chest/body. Everything else fits really well. Is it reasonable to expect that this will stretch out a bit over time?

bkotsko

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just received my heirloom sweater. Love it, but the body seems to be about an 1"-1.5" too small in the chest/body. Everything else fits really well. Is it reasonable to expect that this will stretch out a bit over time?
Absolutely. it will conform to your body.

stylenoob718

Reaction score
What are people's thoughts on Epaulets pants? I've been thinking of adding a tweed pants to my rotation (+ something to go with my shell cordovan alden boots).

Quality? Slim fit?

I appreciate any thoughts on the topic!

Thanks

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
What are people's thoughts on Epaulets pants? I've been thinking of adding a tweed pants to my rotation (+ something to go with my shell cordovan alden boots).

Quality? Slim fit?

I appreciate any thoughts on the topic!

Thanks

Not sure if you are being serious or not...But you are coming into an official affiliate thread and asking what people think. You are clearly going to get an overwhelming support of the brand and their product. Not to mention that a quick search of the thread would yield many positive response and much detail around each cut and fit.

I am not trying to be rude or write off your question in any way, so please do not take it as such. I just think the question is probably best asked a different way or even in a different thread

stylenoob718

Reaction score

Not sure if you are being serious or not...But you are coming into an official affiliate thread and asking what people think. You are clearly going to get an overwhelming support of the brand and their product. Not to mention that a quick search of the thread would yield many positive response and much detail around each cut and fit. 

I am not trying to be rude or write off your question in any way, so please do not take it as such. I just think the question is probably best asked a different way or even in a different thread

Fair point! I guess I'm coming from other brands' threads where people are actually a bit critical of quality etc (Everlane comes to mind).

Appreciate the advice nonetheless.

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Fair point! I guess I'm coming from other brands' threads where people are actually a bit critical of quality etc (Everlane comes to mind).

Appreciate the advice nonetheless.

Maybe they have reason to be ;) but in this thread that is generally not an issue at all. Incredibly high quality and even better value relative to price point, competition, etc

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads