• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

tricky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can anyone who bought the new chambray comment on the smaller size of them? Are the sleeves really noticeably shorter? I'm wondering if that's why Dylan has them rolled in each photo. I hate to pass on these.

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

My mocha calvary twill MTO arrived, and it has an insanely awesome hand and texture. I think they may become my favorite pair of trousers!
icon_gu_b_slayer%5B1%5D.gif
I'm trying to build up a respectable business casual baseline of outfits and I'm looking for some advice. Calvary twill definitely has some great texture and surface interest. Does it work for a business casual outfit? Due to it's texture, can I pair it with a blazer, such as a navy hopsack one? As far as colors, can I pair any of the following with a hopsack navy blazer and either a white or blue OCBD shirt (and optional woven tie)?
I may be wrong, but I'm thinking gunmetal, khaki, mocha, and olive cavalry twill trousers with a white or blue OCBD, woven tie, and navy hopsack blazer (epaulet MTO hopefully) would make a great set of basic business casual outfits. Does matching those colors and textures work? Would cavalry twill match up with a hopsack blazer and OCBD shirt? Am I understanding business casual correctly or do I have a mismatching?
As long as the trousers are tailored nicely with minimal break, and you keep a nice crease in them, I think the calvary twill works really well in business casual settings, especially if your office is like mine and leans more toward the casual side of business casual. I have a few older pair from Brooks Brothers that I've been wearing for years in the fall and winter and often pair them with a tweed, flannel, moleskin, or doeskin blazer or sportcoat. If I had a hopsack blazer, I probably wouldn't hesitate to wear them with that either. I think the nice, heavy calvary twill is one of the most versatile materials for trousers. They work great in the office and in the casual settings - they are a nice step up from your standard chinos while not getting as formal as a pair of wool trousers (and able to take much more abuse than those wool trousers).

Mghart

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Can anyone who bought the new chambray comment on the smaller size of them? Are the sleeves really noticeably shorter? I'm wondering if that's why Dylan has them rolled in each photo. I hate to pass on these.

I'm eagerly awaiting mine. I'll post pics/comment once it shows up. I'm just really hoping that the fit is ok. I'm hoping the epny fit has a little more room than the epla fit. I'd hate to have to return it

SeventyFive

Reaction score
Sad to hear that size 29 Wilshires will be mostly going away. Will there be any options other than trying the snag the sole 29 sized pair when a new run becomes available?

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wis will forever be winning with that camo jacket.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Snorkel Parka Sale

Hey guys,

We got a bunch of new leather jackets, and I've got to make some room. I marked down our Snorkel Parkas - where are officially the last mil-spec pieces to be made. We've got three units of Black in size 40 and one unit of Sage in 38. $275 takes one. Here's the links:

SAGE PARKA

BLACK PARKA

tricky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Snorkel Parka Sale

Hey guys,

We got a bunch of new leather jackets, and I've got to make some room. I marked down our Snorkel Parkas - where are officially the last mil-spec pieces to be made. We've got three units of Black in size 40 and one unit of Sage in 38. $275 takes one. Here's the links:

SAGE PARKA

BLACK PARKA

Nice scored the sage to compliment my black.

Loved it last winter.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads