• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Quick note - we're rolling out the new website header & footer design this afternoon, so you might notice that the site is slow and has some broken links. We're on it! You should see pretty much everything overhauled within the next 4 weeks.
looks awesome so far! Way cleaner and simplified. I really like the way things are now organized together. just what I needed, a way to make it even easier for me to spend money...

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Of course I realize that I just said I have no natty CXL and then offered an opinion on how it wears and ages. I should get a cable news gig.

There is a remedy for that though...

Thanks for holding my LWBs in such high regard.

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hey guys, Quick note - we're rolling out the new website header & footer design this afternoon, so you might notice that the site is slow and has some broken links. We're on it! You should see pretty much everything overhauled within the next 4 weeks.
New website looks much cleaner, I like it
@stevent Mine after almost 2 years
Looks nice! Hoping mine will look like that in future
I love them as well! Yours look much better than mine. Mine have quite a bit of dark spots on the medallion and the leather looks to be quite wrinkled
Mine have a little too in terms of dark spots and stuff, doesn't bother me too much as not on vamp and not at Oak Street level. Nature of the beast I guess and not complaining at current price
:nodding: At some point I really need to get into the natural CXL game.
My first pair myself, been avoiding CXL though since my 403s stretched too much

sklark23

Reaction score
My incredible excitement was met with utter disappointment today. The Carminas I ordered during the sale were cancelled. Apparently a glitch in the system and they just got back to me about it today. Crushing.

45bur

Reaction score
My incredible excitement was met with utter disappointment today. The Carminas I ordered during the sale were cancelled. Apparently a glitch in the system and they just got back to me about it today. Crushing.
Damnit. Those were beautiful boots. More funds for something else you want though!

sacafotos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
egeqymar.jpg
bu9ejy9u.jpg

My first Carminas! Whoever said to size them 41.5 (since I'm an 8D in Barrie) was spot on.

Pics made them look a bit plain, but the color is a deep apricot-brandy in person. Love em, Mike!

OlafG

Reaction score
I'm impatiently waiting for more news on tubular tees and EPLA shorts. I need them for summer.

budapest12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ They're still working on the site and I'm sure it will be fixed in due course. A day or two back the Vass shoes didn't show up in footwear, but since then they've been added back. Other stuff has been like that too.

kulfi

Reaction score
egeqymar.jpg
bu9ejy9u.jpg

My first Carminas! Whoever said to size them 41.5 (since I'm an 8D in Barrie) was spot on.

Pics made them look a bit plain, but the color is a deep apricot-brandy in person. Love em, Mike!
These the Clemens? Picked them up as well in the same size. Will also be my first Carminas. Was looking for an all weather dress shoe and thinking this might be it as shell prices are a bit crazy right now. Looks great!

Did you see the Vass Alt Wien Captoe (3636)? They still have this in our size it looks like. Such a good price - debating whether or not to splurge as I doubt I'll be able to ever find a price like that again.

sacafotos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Quote:These the Clemens? Picked them up as well in the same size. Will also be my first Carminas. Was looking for an all weather dress shoe and thinking this might be it as shell prices are a bit crazy right now. Looks great!

Did you see the Vass Alt Wien Captoe (3636)? They still have this in our size it looks like. Such a good price - debating whether or not to splurge as I doubt I'll be able to ever find a price like that again.
I saw that, but two observations: a) the medallion is way too large; it looks golf ball B) the antique cognac looks much darker than the same shade looks in product photos over at No Man Walks Alone. I can't wrap my head around what it will look like in person. Plus, I think I'd need a size 41.5 (US8D).

JezeC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For you 8.5 Barries or 8UK rains out there, do you take 41.5 in F-last, P2-last and 3636-last?

MacktasticGDogg

Reaction score

For you 8.5 Barries or 8UK rains out there, do you take 41.5 in F-last, P2-last and 3636-last?

I wear Barrie 8.5D and Rain UK8, with the Rain being a near-perfect fit. I have a pair of Vass on the P2 last at size 42. It has a quite a bit more generous toe box then either the Barrie or Rain last, but I don't think I would size down because once the laces are tightened, the shoe feels very secure. It feel a bit like my 403 Indy boots in size 8.5D.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 98 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads