• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

dufferin1

Reaction score
Just got my blue Walts. Gorgeous pants. Need to get them hemmed and put a crease in them.

Has anyone gotten Walts cuffed?

Last edited:

StanleyVanBuren

Thumb Raider
Reaction score
Hey SVB how are George's price ranges?

He'll hem pants for $10, adjust waist/taper for $20, take a shirt in for $20, jackets are $60-100 depending on how much you want done. I once paid $160 to have a jacket's shoulders narrowed, as well as slimming the body and sleeves (forced purchase for a wedding that I insisted on "fixing" if I could). But the point is if you buy a jacket with working buttonholes and need the sleeves shortened for some reason, George can do this by altering at the shoulder. Not all tailors will attempt this and some might charge even more. George has also been happy to work on denim including slimming the waist on jeans, which is another thing I hear people have a hard time with finding someone willing to do it.

Prices are approximate, so don't quote me exactly as it largely depends on how much you want him to do, these are rough estimates based on my past experience.

thecool85

Reaction score
Regarding the Santa Monica store:

I know in NYC you guys have a tailor across the street that you recommend for alterations. I assume you are looking for someone in Santa Monica that could fill that need here. I want to throw my hat in the ring for George's Tailoring on Santa Monica Blvd, just off the intersection with Bundy in West LA. It's a short drive from your new location, and George does really top notch work. I've been a customer of his since 2006 and have always been satisfied. I believe a couple other guys who read this thread go to him as well.

I'll second this. He's cut a bunch of walts/rivets (among other pants) for me and a few suits, and every time he does a fantastic job. As long as you're clear in telling him what you want, you'll get exactly that. Pricing is reasonable as far as I'm concerned, but I suppose it's relative to the prices you're used to paying.

geoffmartin17

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

ALDEN TAUNTON BOOT RESTOCK

Alden for Epaulet Taunton Captoe Boot Burnished Calfskin: $545

We just received the Fall restock of this handsome boot too. Looks good the second time around!

These are epic.

leftofthedial

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wanted to toss up a picture of Dylan's Black and Tan Indy boots from Epaulet a few years ago. He's been wearing these very regularly for the past three years and recently had to get the heels replaced (soles are still solid!). A testament to just how much Indy boots can handle.

Paired here with the Armoury x Indigo Farm selvedge jeans.

And, in case you guys haven't seen the boots in their brand new glory:

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Mr.DV, impressive as always! Those are sick

At least your wife can't accuse you of another pair of brown shoes ;)

Last edited:

k4lnamja

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'll second this. He's cut a bunch of walts/rivets (among other pants) for me and a few suits, and every time he does a fantastic job. As long as you're clear in telling him what you want, you'll get exactly that. Pricing is reasonable as far as I'm concerned, but I suppose it's relative to the prices you're used to paying.

I smiled when I saw someone write about George's. I've been going to him since 06 or so as well and was one of the first yelpers too. I speak to him from time to time and even emailed him recently about some personal recs re: travel tips.

Anyway, sweet older gentleman who cuts clothing perfectly. Good prices too.

PartagasIV

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Lord I regret that Loden longwing...Love shortwings, thought it would look as chunky as a Barrie and it totally doesn't.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads