• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Yes they did, we reworked the buttondown collar a bit for this most recent round of shirts. We got great feedback on the Navy Label collars, and I brought over a little of that vibe to the mainline Epaulet buttondown. It's still a high stance, full collar with a strong roll, but the new layout will make them work better with ties and IMO give them more presence under a jacket. It's pretty similar overall, just tweaked and spaced differently.

This is GREAT news. Its one of the reasons I had stayed away from so many of the BDs...I love my Navy Label BD and can't wait to see what drops in that, but the new pattern on the house BD looks great.

Great look on Dylan!

Last edited:

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Okay, one other bit from me for the day:

We put in a "cut all" order for some of our older shirt fabrics that just had remnants left. We were able to get a total of 3 units from two of our best-selling flannels. Here's the links:

Buttondown Collar Navy/White Flannel Pindot: $150
There's just one medium and one large

Buttondown Collar Navy/Red Flannel Pindot: $150
One unit of large is available

ReedCA

Reaction score
Quote: Thanks for the heads-up. I've looked into zooming the images on mobile, but it's not a possibility right now, unfortunately. Clicking on the photo somehow disables the browser's usual "pinch to zoom" ability.

If you really want to zoom (at least on the iPhone) tap and hold over the thumbnail and choose "Open in New Page". This gives full pinch and zoom capability on the high res image.

And since I'm here...I'll echo that the new shirts look incredible.

nathanl

Reaction score
Torn between a few (admittedly very different) pairs of Walts right now to further rebuild my now-anemic wardrobe with some stuff that'll take me through spring (no tweed) and would love someone to make the decision for me, if willing.

I'm looking at the Grey Merino Side Tab, the Brown Houndstooth, Stone Sanded UK Canvas, or the straight-up Medium Grey 120s wool (willing to be directed to something else entirely).

Currently in rotation I have the Grey Sanded UK Canvas, Oxford Grey Flannel, Navy Flannella, Merino Wool Cadet Grey and a dark charcoal moleskin Mabitex and am mostly a Sportcoat and Walts kinda guy, suits here and there as the mood strikes.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
I've been pondering the Cadet Merino - how versatile a color do you find it?

milesbeyond

Reaction score

Okay, one other bit from me for the day:

We put in a "cut all" order for some of our older shirt fabrics that just had remnants left. We were able to get a total of 3 units from two of our best-selling flannels. Here's the links:

Buttondown Collar Navy/White Flannel Pindot: $150
There's just one medium and one large

Buttondown Collar Navy/Red Flannel Pindot: $150
One unit of large is available

No!! Missed the white dot large! Blast.

Edit: Couldn't resist, just bought the red dot instead.

My first EP shirt! Hope it's not too slim. I guess it's just incentive to bring in my belly!

Last edited:

thecool85

Reaction score
Yes they did, we reworked the buttondown collar a bit for this most recent round of shirts. We got great feedback on the Navy Label collars, and I brought over a little of that vibe to the mainline Epaulet buttondown. It's still a high stance, full collar with a strong roll, but the new layout will make them work better with ties and IMO give them more presence under a jacket. It's pretty similar overall, just tweaked and spaced differently.

Will this new collar be on the new factory find button downs as well? I'm a fan of the change.

Dirty Gurty

Reaction score
Ok, I really (really!) love my Midnight Rand Single Monks I got a few months ago, I've never received so many complements when wearing a pair of shoes before. Now I'd like to get a pair of brown shoes to kind of round out my collection. I'm digging the Ellison Medallion Captoes but I'm worried they'd be kinda overdressed for something like a button-down shirt tucked into a pair of khakis or chinos, standard business casual, 9-5 wear. What do y'all think?

amathew

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
On the topic of shoes, I hear there is a package of Carmina restocks (+ new stuff??) that'll be coming any day. Can you give us heads up on what you're expecting to get in that shipment.

frivmo

Reaction score

I've been pondering the Cadet Merino - how versatile a color do you find it?

Those have definitely been one of my favorites - light enough (and grey enough) to not have the normal problems of blue trousers, and the bluish cast is really nice. Pairs great with my brown, dark grey and even tan sportcoats, and takes to lighter shoe colors in addition to the more conservative dark brown & burgundy really well, too, if you want to make a bit more of an impression.

I love wearing them with these tobacco suede Alfred Sargent tassel loafers in the spring.

Highly recommended.

frivmo

Reaction score

And Brown Houndstooth is fantastic. I got my hands on some more of that cloth, so we'll have a small restock in the next week or so. It's a very cool fabric that you don't often see, and can give the standard navy blazer outfit a nice touch of attitude. I wear it with my hopsack jackets all of the time.

Linens are good too - we'll have some new colors arriving shortly.

My top two for you right now: Grey Merino Side Tab and Brown Houndstooth. Grey Merino is very wearable, and Brown Houndstooth will really stand out and be a cool piece in your collection.

Sold on the Grey Merino. Is the fabric on the Houndstooth similar in weight to the Mid Grey/Midnight Navy 120s?
Thanks!

trig

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wished there was a medium in the red dot :(

rennavate

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

So basically, the collars aren't quite as tall and there's a little more room between the buttons?

thebunk

Reaction score
Mike - for the factory find pants next round, can you add a size 35 as an option? I don't think it currently exists on the site.

Thanks!

thebunk

Reaction score
Here is a question for anyone who may have experience.

I have a number of shirts in Large that are a bit tight in the belly. Does anyone have experience with getting darts removed? I guess specifically:

1) I am assuming plain white shirts are probably a no no as you would be able to see the needle marks were for the darts, but what about patterned shirts? Are they noticeable?

2) Can anyone estimate (maybe Mike) how much room this should give (ie an inch or Two?)

Thanks,
Jamie

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads