• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

scb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
the speckled cream chambray - how "cream" is it? Is it pretty white, or a definite cream?

sorry if I sound like an idiot

thecool85

Reaction score
the speckled cream chambray - how "cream" is it? Is it pretty white, or a definite cream?

No, nothing idiotic about that question. I just received mine three days ago. I'd definitely say it's more white with a hint of cream.

hamm23

Reaction score
What have you guys used to treat the leather on the Thorogood x Epaulet 685 boots? Will Sno Seal work or should I use another product?

applky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mike -- is an Extra-Short a possibility at any point? I just tried a 38R Weller and, while I could make most of the necessary modifications, I'd need the jacket to be another 1" shorter.
facepalm.gif

Sounds like you just need a regular short (38S).

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Mike -- is an Extra-Short a possibility at any point? I just tried a 38R Weller and, while I could make most of the necessary modifications, I'd need the jacket to be another 1" shorter. :facepalm:

Sure, that's fine - the standard 38S would be 1 inch shorter in both the body and the sleeve. It's also possible for us to just shorten the body while leaving the sleeves the regular length. Or vice-versa.

It's a pretty true cream. Not yellowish, but definitely off white. It's a rad shirt!

What have you guys used to treat the leather on the Thorogood x Epaulet 685 boots? Will Sno Seal work or should I use another product?

Sure, sno seal is fine. That Horween horsehide is really freaking tough - so any leather conditioner will pretty much work. Some guys use Pecards, some use Neatsfoot. You can even pick up regular Kiwi mink oil. You only really need to condition the leather after it gets really wet, or if it's looking beat up. Horsehide can stand up to all kinds of neglect and abuse.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Southwick Factory Finds

This is totally happening! Our friends from Southwick laid something like 20 swatches on me today. Really, really incredible stuff! We'll be looking at a price of $475 for nearly everything, and about $595 for any Harris Tweeds that I can dig up (will find out about those tomorrow).

Lots of incredible tweeds. Lots of great flannels. A lot of really expensive English, Scottish, and Italian fabrics for an absolute steal. You guys are going to love it!

Last edited:

hypomnema

Reaction score

Southwick Factory Finds

This is totally happening! Our friends from Southwick laid something like 20 swatches on me today. Really, really incredible stuff! We'll be looking at a price of $475 for nearly everything, and about $595 for any Harris Tweeds that I can dig up (will find out about those tomorrow).

Lots of incredible tweeds. Lots of great flannels. A lot of really expensive English, Scottish, and Italian fabrics for an absolute steal. You guys are going to love it!

Yes! You have all the samples now? Could I stop by one of the stores tomorrow - that is, today - and take a look at them?

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Yes! You have all the samples now? Could I stop by one of the stores tomorrow - that is, today - and take a look at them?

Ah, actually no.

In order to get this wide of a selection, I had to take the swatches home to scan them all. We're bringing them back to Southwick in the morning, and I won't be able to keep the physical swatches.

That said, I'm up burning the midnight oil and doing huge hi-res scans of each one. So you'll be able to see the pattern very clearly.

My goal is to have all of these up by Wednesday night. We can't reserve all of them, so it's possible that other Southwick accounts could grab the fabric for a single MTO or whatnot while we're doing the promotion. I don't think that it will be a big issue, but we're going to jump on this as soon as possible. Everything will be sold first-come, first served, so if there's something that you guys like, then I'd definitely advise ordering it early, as the stock isn't completely secured. I imagine that we can go live with all of the swatches around 7PM on Wednesday evening.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Here's a quick cross-post from the Pitti Uomo thread....

What I didn't mention is that we ordered those two Reiter shoes in what is very FREAKING close to Horween Ravello shell. Well, it should be, at least according to the swatch we ordered off of :).

They are going to be stunning! We'll be the first account to stock Reiter shell shoes in the USA in basically forever. They should arrive around April.

Hey guys,

Just to add to the deluge of shoe pics, here's some detail shots of my two favorite styles from Ludwig Reiter. They do a fantastic Alt Wien (fitting for an actual old Vienna shoemaker) and a solid single monk.

Alden also brought out some new samples for the show. I really dig this Van-last boot with a handsewn moc. They made it up in both a 9-eye and a 7-eye model. And good lord, that loden suede is sharp:

They've also got a new chromexcel PTB. The weight on the leather is heavy enough to make the shoe unlined in the toe. It's a nice touch which really slims up the profile:

Last edited:

LonerMatt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dig that chromexcel PTB.

bestak

Reaction score
Hello
Sure, sno seal is fine. That Horween horsehide is really freaking tough - so any leather conditioner will pretty much work. Some guys use Pecards, some use Neatsfoot. You can even pick up regular Kiwi mink oil. You only really need to condition the leather after it gets really wet, or if it's looking beat up. Horsehide can stand up to all kinds of neglect and abuse.
i see Epaulet sells Saphir products, maybe you could have also this item, ask to the company which import Saphir in teh USA ?

http://www.valmour.fr/produits-entretien/cirage-creme-cordovan-saphir-medaille-dor,524
it's the Saphir product care for Cordovan

rgds

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 99 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 96 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads