• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

scottcw

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

OK, input appreciate. My thought was that it fit me similarly to how it looks in the official EP pic, though I see that the jacket below the button opens up on me in my photo...

This is where my eye went. It looks fine across your chest, but maybe needs an inch or so let out around the lower button. I have the same issue. I can wear a 42 and the top button is fine, but I have an inch taken out around the lowest button. Alternatively, I could reduce my alcohol intake, but...

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Wow 3 sizes down? Is it because the waist stretches so much with wear? I had been thinking of giving APC a try, and thought a 33 might be a good place to start since I wear a 34 Rivet. But maybe I should size down to 32 and see how that works first.

Just vanity sized is all.

Frank, I like the jacket fit on you...I also think the low angle of the camera plays with the eye as well.

Cool new Ashland shirt for me today (picked up in store over the weekend), Cigar Brixyons, Howlin' by Morrison scarf and same old dirtbag 505s (literally wore em everyday for 4 weeks):
IMG_7757.jpg

IMG_7754.jpg

IMG_7758.jpg

IMG_7749.jpg

And oh, a fox on my head.

Mike, saw on facebook, is that LP Storm System overcoat? So sweeettt.

Last edited:

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Frank, I like the jacket fit on you...I also think the low angle of the camera plays with the eye as well.

Cool new Ashland shirt for me today (picked up in store over the weekend), Cigar Brixyons, Howlin' by Morrison scarf and same old dirtbag 505s (literally wore em everyday for 4 weeks):
IMG_7757.jpg

IMG_7754.jpg

IMG_7758.jpg

IMG_7749.jpg
And oh, a fox on my head.
Mike, saw on facebook, is that LP Storm System overcoat? So sweeettt.

I agree with NYR on this one. I think that the jackets both look good on you. You're shooting with a wide lens from a low angle, and that's making the coats look short, small, and flared at the bottom. Put that camera at shoulder height, shoot with a lens view that's tighter, and I'd be pretty sure that the fit looks great.

And holy ****. That hat is the pimp-est thing that I've seen in years. I really love your style NYR, you bring out these gonzo pieces and wear them confidently. You're pulling it off too!

Mike, you ever consider lowering the top botton on the jackets by an inch or so? The button stance always looks a tad high to me...

The stance on the Marcello is definitely high, but the Southwick stuff is pretty standard. Our second button is just a touch higher than the top button on a two-button jacket. I kept it trad so that you could still wear the jackets in conservative settings.

Good list! I just received my Natural CXL Indys and I'm speechless..these are amazing! Extremely well made (handstiched compare to any other Indys), Tru Balance last is insanely comfortable compare to Barrie or Grant lasts. Just not sure if I should treat them with Saphir Reno before my first wear.

Thank you sir! And no need for Reno or anything else right now. Use it after they're looking a little worn.

Tenance

Reaction score
Maiden voyage for what I think is the ultimate shoe, dare I care it, the OneBoot:
In the morning sun:
IMG_7746.jpg

This thing marries the ruggedness of a boot, with the dressiness of cap toe on a great last. Mike, this design is the best I've seen. I'm tempted to wear them every freakin' day.

Is this the Anderson jump boot? They look terrific

oisin

Reaction score

I think those shoes are too casual.
I like the fit. Do you feel the sleeves are too long?
I really want this jacket now.

jacket sleeves look good to me. agree on the shoes. jacket is pimp (though agree with earlier comments about seeking out a tailor just to see if it needs a bit of something done). i think the belt is a nice touch!

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 98 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics