• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

vilinx

Reaction score
I know I know this has been asked, and I've looked back at the answers but I'll see if I can cultivate some more.

I finally wore out my last pair of Epaulet denim. I'm looking for jeans with a similar slim fit, high rise, tapered leg to smaller bottom openings. Any suggestions?

sahbryant

Reaction score

I know I know this has been asked, and I've looked back at the answers but I'll see if I can cultivate some more.
I finally wore out my last pair of Epaulet denim. I'm looking for jeans with a similar slim fit, high rise, tapered leg to smaller bottom openings. Any suggestions?

and on this can anyone suggest a raw denim that fits like the rivets do? i have been comparing measurements and not yet found a similar fit ...

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wow 3 sizes down? Is it because the waist stretches so much with wear? I had been thinking of giving APC a try, and thought a 33 might be a good place to start since I wear a 34 Rivet. But maybe I should size down to 32 and see how that works first.

husbands

Reaction score
my pajama order got cancelled, even though I ordered early on Sunday afternoon - only moments after the store went online

pretty bummed out

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Quick try-on: New Marcello Guncheck, seen with Tapue Brushed Twill Rivets (again).

Are the moccasins too casual with it. :)

Sized up one from Southwick.

sharkminusbear

Reaction score
Wow 3 sizes down? Is it because the waist stretches so much with wear? I had been thinking of giving APC a try, and thought a 33 might be a good place to start since I wear a 34 Rivet. But maybe I should size down to 32 and see how that works first.

I'm a 31 rivet and a 28 APC NS... for another reference. A 32 would probably work too.

neutrino

Reaction score
BG, have you been to APC thread? This is like ninth circle of sizing hell.

I'm a 31 rivet and a 28 APC NS... for another reference. A 32 would probably work too.
Thanks for the data point. I'm also a 31 rivet, haven't tried APC NS, but with the info I got from APC thread, I was thinking 28 as well. This builds my confidence
smile.gif

Back to Epaulet, I'm in for a treat towards the end of the month. I have the following treasure coming up (in chronological buying order):
- Johnstons scarf
- navy Eisenhower
- Ashland tan/brown/navy tattersall
- red/cream/navy flannel
- plum herringbone flannel
- natural CXL Indy.
Also in the package will be a purple SNS Herning Stark. Wanted one for a long time.
Apart from that, waiting for chartreuse tweed walt from the 3rd factory finds to be done.
I'm learning the definition of the word 'stokedness' right now
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hey guys!

First off: thanks so much for all of your orders on our new site! The testing went very well, and we're finally getting caught up on everything today. We had a few stock-outs, but not too many, and I hope that you guys all like the merchandise that you got.

Second: tomorrow morning we're emailing the site to our entire customer base and removing the password protection. If there's anything that you're thinking of buying, you probably want to pick it up before 10:30AM tomorrow to have the best chance of it still being there.

Third: I'm saving some surprises to add to the new site tomorrow. Click through to check it out. I'll add them into the new arrivals section so that you know what's been added to the original launch quantity

Fourth: I've got DOPE things going live tomorrow. Navy label shirts have arrived and you guys are going to absolutely love them. They are pretty freaking perfect, and they're a great option for guys who like their shirts a bit longer and without darts (I know that you're out there!). Got a beefy-as-all hell Shawl Cardigan, and our Navy & Salt/Pepper Donegal Weller Sportcoats, which match the Walt pants in the same fabric. Good stuff going down!

Fifth: I'm so behind in PM's that it's shameful. My apologies - I've been short on time over the past week, but I haven't forgotten! I'll work to get back to everyone. As always, if you have an urgent question, need tracking, etc.. you can always call one of our shops during opening hours for an immediate response. After Thanksgiving we'll be past the Sandy/New Site beatdown and back to our usual response times.

Maiden voyage for what I think is the ultimate shoe, dare I care it, the OneBoot:
In the morning sun:
1C8728E5-EFA8-4C64-B0B6-EBC194507410-11361-0000183A903D1470.jpg

37251004-1D9D-4D6A-8978-E88ADA1A50CF-11361-0000183A96F95168.jpg

IMG_7742.jpg

IMG_7746.jpg

IMG_7736.jpg

IMG_7738.jpg

IMG_7740.jpg
This thing marries the ruggedness of a boot, with the dressiness of cap toe on a great last. Mike, this design is the best I've seen. I'm tempted to wear them every freakin' day.

Good lord, those pics are great! Glad that you're so pleased with the boots, and you're wearing it perfectly!

Cranberry trousers today:
I had to look away because I was laughing at the mailbox again. Didn't want Chris to do another meme.:embar:
tumblr_mdialb28E51rux7jzo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_mdialb28E51rux7jzo2_1280.jpg

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mdialb28E51rux7jzo3_1280.jpg[/img[/SPOILER]][/QUOTE]

Officially my favorite trousers that we've ever made. They look dope in your outfit.

[QUOTE="thebunk, post: 5899750, member: 84943"]Ok folks, a couple of questions:
1) Looking to purchase a new pair of tweed\flannel trousers (cold weather is here in Canada). I have ordered a pair of Donegal Tweed Grey pants already, have a pair of gray flannel Glen Plaid's, have a pair of chocolate twills (factory special order) and Chartreuse Tweed (factory special order), Looking on the site I am considering either a Navy pair or something else. My questions are:
- For all of the Navy Flannel \ Tweeds on the site, what are the darkest navy pants (Flannels, Shetlands, Donegals, etc)?
- What is the difference color wise between the Salt&Pepper, Ironwood and Grey Donegals? If I have the Grey on order, is that enough or are the other colors distinct enough from the grey?
2) Looking at special ordering a pair of the Ruby Cordovan Bal Boot but have never tried anyting on the Forest Last (I do have a pair of the Salinger Double Monks on the Inca last). Also, feet a re a little wide (on the edge of a D\E). If the Inca fits like a dream, what are the thoughts on how the Forest will fit if I take an Inca size UK 8?
Thanks,
Jamie[/QUOTE]

Darkest Navy is the Navy Flannel followed by the Navy Donegal (not the UK one, the Italian one)

Salt & Pepper is essentially grey and is similar to Grey Donegal. Ironwood has an awesome brownish cast. It's a great looking color.

Holler at me if you want in on the Ruby boot - we may be tapped out for the leather, but I can often sneak an extra pair in. I'd still recommend a 8UK on the Forest last. Most guys will wear the same size in both of them. If you take an "E" in Aldens then you might want to do a Forest last wide but failing that, you should be fine.

[QUOTE="vilinx, post: 5900256, member: 38231"]I know I know this has been asked, and I've looked back at the answers but I'll see if I can cultivate some more.
I finally wore out my last pair of Epaulet denim. I'm looking for jeans with a similar slim fit, high rise, tapered leg to smaller bottom openings. Any suggestions?[/QUOTE]

Hit up Self Edge New York. Andrew Chen of 3sixteen makes an excellent quality US-made slim-straight jean which has it all over APC in terms of quality. The price is comparable too. Tell them what size you take in the Smith and they can advise you right.

[QUOTE="FrankCowperwood, post: 5901017, member: 0"][SPOILER=Warning: Spoiler!][IMG]http://www.styleforum.net/content/type/61/id/563133/width/350/height/700

Quick try-on: New Marcello Guncheck, seen with Tapue Brushed Twill Rivets (again).
Are the moccasins too casual with it. :)
Sized up one from Southwick.

The jacket's a cool fit on you. Cropped, very slim. I dig it! That fabric is awesome too - it's a Zegna virgin tropical wool. Bought it from a crazy man in the basement of the Pitti show.

Steel28

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

BG, have you been to APC thread? This is like ninth circle of sizing hell. Thanks for the data point. I'm also a 31 rivet, haven't tried APC NS, but with the info I got from APC thread, I was thinking 28 as well. This builds my confidence
smile.gif
Back to Epaulet, I'm in for a treat towards the end of the month. I have the following treasure coming up (in chronological buying order): - Johnstons scarf - navy Eisenhower - Ashland tan/brown/navy tattersall - red/cream/navy flannel - plum herringbone flannel - natural CXL Indy. Also in the package will be a purple SNS Herning Stark. Wanted one for a long time. Apart from that, waiting for chartreuse tweed walt from the 3rd factory finds to be done. I'm learning the definition of the word 'stokedness' right now
icon_gu_b_slayer%5B1%5D.gif
Good list! I just received my Natural CXL Indys and I'm speechless..these are amazing! Extremely well made (handstiched compare to any other Indys), Tru Balance last is insanely comfortable compare to Barrie or Grant lasts. Just not sure if I should treat them with Saphir Reno before my first wear.

Last edited:

scottcw

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The jacket looks too small to my eyes. Anyone else feeling this way?

Agreed, with the caveat that I also agree with Tim Gunn that the biggest mistake men make is wearing clothes that are too big. Better too small than too big.

Last edited:

scottcw

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Navy label shirts have arrived and you guys are going to absolutely love them. They are pretty freaking perfect, and they're a great option for guys who like their shirts a bit longer and without darts (I know that you're out there!).

Quoting as the target audience. Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in...

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
OK, input appreciate. My thought was that it fit me similarly to how it looks in the official EP pic, though I see that the jacket below the button opens up on me in my photo:

And then what's your take on:

This is the Daltrey in a 40. Maybe I'm buying one size too small in these EP jackets, even though the feel fine on.

Last edited:

rennavate

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mike, you ever consider lowering the top botton on the jackets by an inch or so? The button stance always looks a tad high to me...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 99 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 96 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads